Like Tree212Likes

Formula 1...

Old 08-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

at least a team got saved for us fans...
Old 08-10-2018, 05:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skinned View Post
at least a team got saved for us fans...
Has it been saved though? Rumor is the drivers will be Stroll and effing Gutierrez. That is not a strong line up.

Oh I see what you mean. Yes a team has been saved. Williams will no longer be the worst team.

Old 08-10-2018, 06:50 AM
Tech Champion

Stroll his seat at Williams was bought by his dad and Williams needed the money, taking him away from Williams could result that Williams will get financial problems.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Stroll his seat at Williams was bought by his dad and Williams needed the money, taking him away from Williams could result that Williams will get financial problems.
True but they still have Sirotkin bringing in money and could possibly land someone like Perez that would not only bring money but a lot more talent to the team. Not to mention better finishes equal better prize money. Personally, I think Stroll long term has cost them more than they have received.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

It will be interesting to see if they change the name of Force India to Stroll Racing. Crazy that FI finished as high up as they did and still couldn't make money. Hopefully they can figure out the post- Concord Agreement money to keep more teams around. I want to see Haas stay around F1 for a long time.
Old 08-14-2018, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

Cant say we didnt see that coming.. so where does he go. Stick with WEC? Indy?
Old 08-14-2018, 11:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mason View Post
Cant say we didnt see that coming.. so where does he go. Stick with WEC? Indy?
Now I understand. Alonso leaving. Can’t really be too suprised. I think getting outside the F1 bubble opened his eyes to a world of possibility. I saw an interview with him not long back, outside of NASCAR, seemed open to any kind of racing. Though did seem curious to try driving one. But not to get into racing like JPM did.
Old 08-14-2018, 07:17 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't think being outside F1 opened his eyes. From interviews with him his overriding ambition was to achieve 3 championships. Couldn't make it happen at Ferrari and can't go back now, McLaren couldn't deliver him a winning car and Red Bull's Christian Horner has said he bring too much chaos to a team so is unlikely to hire him, so what are his options for a legacy? One thing that only one other driver has ever done is the triple crown- That could cement his stature and place in history. He has won 2 of three and the best way to win the 500 is a complete season. Why linger in the backfield for the foreseeable future just making up numbers in F1 when he has an opportunity to be one of only two people in the world the do a triple crown?
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I gatta wait 10 more f'ing days to watch the next f1 race?...do they always do a summer break this long?
Old 08-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skinned View Post
I gatta wait 10 more f'ing days to watch the next f1 race?...do they always do a summer break this long?
it was expanded to a 3 week break a couple years ago.

Explaining the F1 summer break | F1i.com
Old 08-19-2018, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Is the F1 coverage awful compared to when NBSsn did it and does anyone else notice the camera work is focused too close half of the time , sometimes makes it hard to watch
Old 08-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter View Post
Is the F1 coverage awful compared to when NBSsn did it and does anyone else notice the camera work is focused too close half of the time , sometimes makes it hard to watch
Iíve liked the commercial free part. Though the side by side other networks use isnít bad. Gotten used to it.

Old 08-19-2018, 08:32 AM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The images are all the same, from the world feed. So things like focus and what the director chooses to show are the same from NBCSN and what we get now. The commercial free is nice. One thing I was looking forward to was the pre race show. And for the most part it is better IMO. But Martin Brundle is not good at the grid walk. Half the time he is waiting to talk to somebody, can't find anybody to talk to or when he does, asks the worst questions. Will Buxton was much better.
DiResta needs to learn how the use the TV replay buttons. it seems like he is figuring it out on the fly. One thing I hate though is the FP3 is shown Sat morning just before quali and not later Friday like they used to. By then I don't care how FP3 went, just get on with qualifying.
Overall the coverage is better. Analysis is better and more current. Oh well, can't be negative about everything and I appreciate the coverage we do get.
Billy Kelly likes this.
Old 08-23-2018, 04:59 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Looks like they changed the name of Force India to Racing Point Force India. New name means they now have 0 points. The drivers get to keep their points though. I wonder if they have to keep Force India in the name because of sponsorship commitments?
Old 08-24-2018, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

I read it was related to how FIA doesn't like chassis changes..Good news for them though is the teams all agreed to give them the money they earned from last year.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service