Return to RC

Old 09-17-2009, 02:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Return to RC

Hi, I've been lurking these forums for quite some time now but finally registered. I've been living in Korea for the last 5 years and just got back into RC. I dusted off my old TC3 and RS4 Rally on my last visit to the US and brought them here. WOW has a lot changed since giving up carpet racing my TC3 like 8 years ago.

Currently waiting on my updated electronics to arrive, I ordered a sidewinder 4600kv brushless combo, 11.1v lipo (should be... interesting ) and 2.4GHz tx/rx.

Now I'm trying to decide what my next kit will be, right now I'm leaning toward an Associated SC10 or one of the Axial trucks (AX10 or SCX10 or whatever)

Great forums here by the way. They have been my #1 source for re-educating myself on this hobby.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

be for you go buy something go to the local track and see what class has the most people and most competition. that alone is what makes me decide what style of racing i go with. then see what cars have the best parts availability. two best ways too find out what too buy.
Old 09-26-2009, 03:20 AM
Tech Champion

yeah times change real quick when you're out the zone for a bit.

+1 on the above, check out your local racing action and see whats good and what's not.

lipo and brushless are good for saving you time, but not so good on your... wallet

I like the look of the sc10 (although i only race on road!) So I would say that's one to look out for and check out at your local club, they look pretty strong.