DONT RISK IT WITH CAROLINAS RC >

DONT RISK IT WITH CAROLINAS RC

DONT RISK IT WITH CAROLINAS RC

Old 09-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Angry DONT RISK IT WITH CAROLINAS RC

Hey Guys,

I just thought i would share my experience with you from Carolinas RC. I bought a Airtronics RC radio on July 20th for $396. I was told when I ordered it that the units were coming into stock on the 27th of July (1 week). The next week I called Carolinas and was told they will be in soon. I asked when is soon, the person who answered the phone said the next week. Well after a few more calls and absolutely getting no where with Carolinas, and by the way not even a sorry or what can we do to make this better, a few more weeks have passed. On August 20th (1 MONTH later) I called to cancel the order. I was told that only 1 person can do refunds and that it would be done and I would have my money back in 3-5 days. It is now 22 days later and STILL NO MONEY. I have had NUMEROUS calls in to the owner/ person who can do refunds and still no call backs and NO MONEY ($396). I will never shop at Carolinas again because either you never get your product (always on back order) or you don’t get your money back. Sad

Last edited by Nitroracer8; 09-12-2009 at 02:15 AM.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

That sucks dude. I hate dealing on-line, but those are the chances we take. I shop at only two places. Amain and Tower. I know it's legit.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

Give them a chance. They are in the process of moving their entire facility.

Check out this thread. There's gotta be someone that's posted in it that can help you get the problem taken care of.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:49 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

WOW! That really BITES! I've had quite a few orders with Carolina in the past with no probs. Guess I won't take a chance on anything that is "back ordered" in the future. Thanks for the heads up, but sorry for your bad experience.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:50 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rcprocenter99 View Post

Check out this thread. There's gotta be someone that's posted in it that can help you get the problem taken care of.
I have given them plenty of chances to refund the money. Its been 22 days since the order cancelled. It only should take 1 minute to refund the CC. Plus everytime I have called, NO ONE has told me of any problem with there fund or any moving that may be going on. I dont think im asking too much to just get my $396 dollars back in a timely fashion.
Old 09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Mr Martin is a good guy and I am sure this is one case that slipped through the cracks. I have been shopping with Carolina's for years and they have always been 100%. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by McCleary.11 View Post

Mr Martin is a good guy and I am sure this is one case that slipped through the cracks. I have been shopping with Carolina's for years and they have always been 100%. Hopefully this will be fixed shortly.
McCleary,

I hope your right, BUT I have called to talk to John numerious times and I am ALWAYS told John is not here and they dont know when he'll be in. I have even been told that a customer service rep from Carolinas would email John to get his attention to this matter and still NO CALL to me and NO MONEY. It seems as if i'm being ignored.

Please believe me i wish they would just refund the money.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (99%+)

Originally Posted by rcprocenter99 View Post

A chance are you kidding sounds like they have had plenty. I would now seek help from your CC company. Thanks for the tip I will never buy from them after hearing this.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

$396?!?!

I missed that the first time around. Holy smokes!! You're a pretty patient dude. Sorry you gotta go through this. I would have been smearing their name a long time ago.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitroracer8 View Post
Hey Guys,

I just thought i would share my experience with you from Carlolinas RC. I bought a Airtronics RC radio on July 20th for $396. I was told when I ordered it that the units were coming into stock on the 27th of July (1 week). The next week I called Carolinas and was told they will be in soon. I asked when is soon, the person who answered the phone said the next week. Well after a few more calls and absolutely getting no where with Carolinas, and by the way not even a sorry or what can we do to make this better, a few more weeks have passed. On August 20th (1 MONTH later) I called to cancel the order. I was told that only 1 person can do refunds and that it would be done and I would have my money back in 3-5 days. It is now 22 days later and STILL NO MONEY. I have had NUMEROUS calls in to the owner/ person who can do refunds and still no call backs and NO MONEY ($396). I will never shop at Carolinas again because either you never get your product (always on back order) or you donít get your money back. Sad
Unfortunately, my experience is similar to yours. What gets me is that if this were an individual seller, people would be all over him to get his act together, but for some reason they are trying to cut Carolina's some slack. They kept stringing me along for weeks until they finally got the product (which was well beyond their initial estimate).

The reality is that Amains rocks - they ship quickly - they have reasonable prices and they treat their customers right. Why would I or anyone else ever buy from Carolinas again?
Old 09-11-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

I too had a item on backorder, took 4 months to get. I was patient only because everyone was out of that part. I used to like to order from the because with standard shipping I got most orders in 2-3 days. Amain its was a week. But I have been hearing complaints like this for a while. They send me emails with discount codes and other specials, but everything I want is backordered. When Nitrohouse moved they did not have this many problems. I waiting on them to get there act together. Right now its Amain, Stormer, and Nexus. Carolina was at the top, now they are off the list.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Customer service should be their top priority, especially when they are moving or whatever. I hope they get their act together. Amain takes too long to package and ship my goods.
Old 09-11-2009, 03:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

same thing happened to me. i ordered a bunch of stuff and made sure that their site stated that they were in stock. the day after i paid for the stuff, i got an email stating that two of the items were on back order. i emailed them to see if i can just cancel those items and get a refund and they stated yes i can. this was towards the end of july. i sent them a few emails to remind them about the refund and they stated that they had already gave me a refund. well, still no refund and they stopped answering my emails. but it was only 20 bucks or so worth of stuff and yea... i'm not gonna get too worked up about it. but it's unfortunate.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 258 (99%+)

I have had this experience also but not with Carolinas. I have ordered from them before and had no problems.
The problem is not just Carolina it seems to be most online retailers.
Main lesson here....DON'T BACK ORDER!
If it's in stock then they ship. Most retailers have no TRUE date when the BO will be in.
Carolinas is one of the best online retailers. Amain and BBT are the other two.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:10 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by BaronMunchausen View Post
A chance are you kidding sounds like they have had plenty. I would now seek help from your CC company. Thanks for the tip I will never buy from them after hearing this.
Baron,

I have now involvd my CC company but it takes 10 days before they put it back in the account and they go after them. im not sure if this can be concidered theft of my $396 dollars from Carolinas RC, but if not its pretty dang close!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.