Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Here is a VALID reason to THROW OUT that setup station... >

Here is a VALID reason to THROW OUT that setup station...

Here is a VALID reason to THROW OUT that setup station...

Old 09-10-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

I hardly ever crash unless someone helps me crash, I have been having glitching problems ,tuning problems you name it. But i am getting much better.I have been pitting w/ grouchy and practicing w/ him. he is so dam cool and collected, I think he is one of the top 2 around here, he and Benny have had some dam good races, last race was so close on the last lap Benny was in first by a good 3/4 of a lap and Grouchy was in second .... I think around 60-61 laps and benny ran out of fuel with less than 20=25 seconds to go and his pit guy ran acroos the track and they finished just a few seconds behind Grouchy.... it was worth the dam race fee just to see that, Alex the IceMan has been getting extremely good in truggy, got me a nitrogen cylinder to carry to the track instead of an air compressor, it is awesome.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It's funny how this cruddy video led me to find this wierd one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pv5sC...eature=related
Old 09-10-2009, 07:08 PM
Tech Addict

Shocking... completely FAKE.... did I mention completely.LOL
Old 09-10-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Joey Platinum View Post
I hardly ever crash unless someone helps me crash, I have been having glitching problems ,tuning problems you name it. But i am getting much better.I have been pitting w/ grouchy and practicing w/ him. he is so dam cool and collected, I think he is one of the top 2 around here, he and Benny have had some dam good races, last race was so close on the last lap Benny was in first by a good 3/4 of a lap and Grouchy was in second .... I think around 60-61 laps and benny ran out of fuel with less than 20=25 seconds to go and his pit guy ran acroos the track and they finished just a few seconds behind Grouchy.... it was worth the dam race fee just to see that, Alex the IceMan has been getting extremely good in truggy, got me a nitrogen cylinder to carry to the track instead of an air compressor, it is awesome.
Your in good hands, just practice with those two for a while and your set. I can't believe how many DNF's you guys had last race in the A. Was one of those just finish the race, races.

I'll bet the glitching is your batteries or regulator. If your still running that regulator you can ditch it. Hitec 7955 servos and your Spektrum DX3r can run lipo unregulated no problemo. You'll find that your servos are alot faster with the full 8.4 volts going to them. Your battery will last longer as well, regulators waste alot of energy. I'm running -50% exponential on my steering! Its that fast.

I put my race engine on the shelf. Our tracks are alot bigger up here, but we race on dirt, not sandpaper like Tally. So big horsepower is more of a handicap than an advantage. I'm just going to run a $150 Novarossi N21bl for club races. And save my +4 for the statewide series next season.

Here's 2/3rds of a local track: (I dont know where i left the left side pic, but you get the point.)

Old 09-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fatdaddy View Post
can i have my minute back?

thanks
On top of that, I would like my memory erased for the past 2 minutes. Tat trance song is killing me.

And, uh, that tranny is far from hot.
Old 09-11-2009, 04:14 AM
Tech Addict

That track is sweet!! I have solved my glitching probs and now run un reg. I believe it was being caused by a 7955 that was beginning to fail slowly, hell every time i would take out the reg it would glitch, put it back in and no glitch. then my steering servo stopped turning to the right and on a hunch ,after I put the new 7955 in I tried un-reg one more time and bingo no glitch... so I can only assume that before I could tell the servo was failing,the servo was pulling too many amps and was straining the reciever and making it sag causing the glitch.
Old 09-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah that'll do it! Just send it back to Hitec, they'll fix it up good as new.

My servos fly at 8.4 volts. My car was way too twitchy trying to steer. I use a ton of negative expo to make the car easier to control. I still get all my steering and speed (if I crank on the wheel) but it gives me finer control on the straights.

It seemed like on my radio if I just barely turned my wheel it would move my steering rack 1/4". Thats way too much so I cranked my expo to -60%.

There's another track up here that has a huge banked turn with a wall, that turn leads right to a massive straightaway. You can allmost pin the throttle through the turn so you have a ton off speed on the straight.

It has a set of odd jumps before the last turn on the right, they aren't faced very well. Not sure if they wanted it that way on purpose?

Here's the other local track:

Old 09-12-2009, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Looks like a track I used to go to in Strongsville LOLjust kidding. That track looks killer.We have completely tore down and partially rebuilt our track and could easily finish it tomorrow, but the track committee has other things they need to do so we are without a track until the 26th ,which I want to go racing in a nearby town(Fun Hobby RC) so I may not be able to provide the use of my backhoe at that time but I am sure someone else will get one and help them. we are having a money race November 1st ???? !!!!!!
Old 09-12-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Champion

LOLz! Track commitee! Y'all still having problems with that.

You know the electric guys get high blood pressure every time they see your backhoe on the road. That Deere could build a track in 2hours. Its nice you offered to help. Let 'em use shovels if they won't play nice. I'm surprized they don't ask for your help. Meh, oh well, everyone has their own way I guess.

Apparently they change tracks alot up here. Only seems to take a day or two though. Tally leveled the track for a month last time. Whats up with that????