Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Would you volunteer for this? >

Would you volunteer for this?

Would you volunteer for this?

Old 08-18-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
can you let me know when you email me? i dont check it that much so i would hate to miss it.
Sure will!

Thanks again for the help
Old 08-18-2009, 12:43 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks beta bob for volunteering! I will send your info to you this week.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Adept

Default Support Groups?

I'm getting ready to setup the support groups. Should I keep it simple or try and brake it down to each make and model that the volunteers claim they know how to support? If I brake it down it might be easier to post a new group as each volunteer joins with there knowledge.

I've also put together this application to make it easier to provide your information if you would like to be a supporter It also explains it a little better on how the system will work. Here is the app link if you would like to check it out:Application

Again, thanks to the few that have volunteered. Hope the easy app gets some more to help out
Old 08-20-2009, 01:46 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
I've done this exact thing for people on another forum, a couple of times anyway. It's VERY hard unless you both have a GOOD webcam (innuendo not intended )
Joe: How many women race r/c and want to know how to lube up their...

Sorry, saw the bait and took it

Everyone else: ignore if you choose to
Old 08-20-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team View Post
Joe: How many women race r/c and want to know how to lube up their...

Sorry, saw the bait and took it

Everyone else: ignore if you choose to
I think I might ignore it too...

I just volunteered anyway
Old 08-20-2009, 07:01 AM
Tech Adept

I just volunteered anyway
Thanks for volunteering joe!! Dont forget to register to the site I'm going to try and get all the emails out by tonight to everyone that has registered and volunteered so far. Be looking in your emails/junkfolders
Old 08-21-2009, 01:57 PM
Tech Adept

All but one email has been sent to the volunteers that we have so far. Just need the app for the other

If your interest please read this info and fill out this application:Application

If you don't like it you can always leave the support team. It’s only voluntary and a chance to get to know each other better by using each others knowledge to help others
Old 08-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i ended up downloading the client from their website.

i have some network history so it was easy to set up but for someone unexperienced it is probably going to be very hard.

anyway to test it?
Old 08-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
i ended up downloading the client from their website.

i have some network history so it was easy to set up but for someone unexperienced it is probably going to be very hard.

anyway to test it?
I just sent you an internal message plus you can click on the live support button on my homepage and talk to yourself to see how both ends of the conversation will look like
Old 08-21-2009, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

To all thae recived an email with the download link here is a working one:http://www.livezilla.net/downloads/f...1.8.3_Full.exe

Mopar made me aware that the first one didnt work correctly

Sorry guys
Old 09-05-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thought I would post a better layout on how the volunteer support system works if your interested.

What is the Live Support Team?

Its a team of R/C hobbyist volunteering their time to help out fellow hobbyist with their R/Cs.

How does it work?

We have a support system in place on our site that allows us to provide live support. We figure why limit this great service just to web site support. Why not expand it and allow volunteers to help out other R/C hobbyist with Live support with their R/C projects.

The system works like an instant messenger program. After you install the software you will enter your username and password (info provided by us)and it will run in your task bar just like MSN Messenger would. You will be placed in groups that are titled with the R/Cs that you stated you can support in the application.

A user seeking support would then click on the LIVE Support button that will be placed all around the our web site. They then will click on a group that fits the title of the support they are seeking. If it happens to be your group you will be notified by a small popup on the lower right of the screen as well has an alert sound.

Will I get paid to be on the support team?

No! You will be volunteering your time as a support member. We know that there are hobbyist out there that spend hours after hours looking at R/C forums that would be great candidates for this. We figure if you have no problem helping a fellow hobbyist out via. forum post, you would help out in a live chat system with the same help

Do I have to be on at a certain time everyday?

No! This is not a job and we are only asking for you to have the program running when you are surfing/working with your computer. The software allows you to set your status just like the other IM programs do. So if you are in the middle of something you can set the status to "Busy", "Away", or "offline" when you don't care to support someone.

Can I quit the support team?

Yes! When you join the team you are only volunteering your time to help others. If you no longer wish to be on the team, just contact us with your information and will take you out of the groups. Then just un-install the program from your computer.

Can I rejoin the support team?

Yes! If you would like to come back to the team, just apply again and will put you back into the system. If you were terminated from the team for any reason, your application will be denied.

I want to be on the support team! What do I do?

Just fill out the application
Old 09-05-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RickLeigh View Post
Thanks for volunteering joe!! Dont forget to register to the site I'm going to try and get all the emails out by tonight to everyone that has registered and volunteered so far. Be looking in your emails/junkfolders
Sorry man, the client doesn't work under wine on linux, nor on a virtual pc. As I only use my windows instillation for gaming, it would be pointless to boot up just to run the client. I'm afraid I won't be able to help until they sort it out and make a client that'll work for me in one way or another.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Adept

Sorry man, the client doesn't work under wine on linux, nor on a virtual pc. As I only use my windows instillation for gaming, it would be pointless to boot up just to run the client. I'm afraid I won't be able to help until they sort it out and make a client that'll work for me in one way or another.
Thats fine Joe! I understand and will keep you in mind if they support your system