Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Stupid RC tricks 101 >

Stupid RC tricks 101

Stupid RC tricks 101

Old 05-07-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Stupid RC tricks 101

OK guys, I know we've all done them. Come on now and own up to the one's you've done.

Here's my latest:

Today comming back from running the buggies I loaded myself down with too much stuff trying to get everything out of the truck in one load. Sooo... I stick the bump box under my arm, forgetting that I had neglected to turn the silly thing off. You know, I think those wheels will take the skin off of a rhinoceros. It certainly did a job on the inside of my arm!
Note to self: Check switch on starter box.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaptCrunch View Post
OK guys, I know we've all done them. Come on now and own up to the one's you've done.

Here's my latest:

Today comming back from running the buggies I loaded myself down with too much stuff trying to get everything out of the truck in one load. Sooo... I stick the bump box under my arm, forgetting that I had neglected to turn the silly thing off. You know, I think those wheels will take the skin off of a rhinoceros. It certainly did a job on the inside of my arm!
Note to self: Check switch on starter box.

I have gone to turn off a car and someone revs it suddenly not realizing i was using my finger on the flywheel.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tried to prime the supply line on my old 1/8th Buggy without realizing I'd left it unplugged when I drained the tank last time I drove it.

Must've pumped a quarter of the tank onto the chassis and starter box. Good thing I don't smoke or one stray ash could've blown both me and the car into the next zip code.

--------------------

A week ago I plugged the ESC on my SC10 into the LiPo battery backwards...again. Somebody needs to invent bullet connectors with polarity. The few times I've done this before I got a little blue spark and no big deal. Buuut this time when I flipped the wires around and clicked the on/off switch...nobody home. Dammit.

New ESC should arrive tomorrow. I did take the initiative to paint one side of the truck's battery strap red so I'd know at a glance which side the positive wire goes in
Old 05-07-2009, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OTE_TheMissile View Post
Tried to prime the supply line on my old 1/8th Buggy without realizing I'd left it unplugged when I drained the tank last time I drove it.

Must've pumped a quarter of the tank onto the chassis and starter box. Good thing I don't smoke or one stray ash could've blown both me and the car into the next zip code.
Wow that was a dangerous one.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Not check the motor polarity on my brand new Sphere TC Comp, turned it on first time and the magic smoke appeared. Ruined my year, I'd saved up for it for months.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Funking-Awesome View Post
Wow that was a dangerous one.
ive put a cigarette out in a cup full of fuel....it just went out.

ive also done this with jp-5 jet fuel, and gasoline, each time , the cigarette went out.

you need a hotter spark to ignite either one. you were safe the whole time.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Never run down a mound of soil surrounding a track with your hands full of r/c stuff, or you might slip over - I almost did, and left a 2ft+ skid mark in the mud... whoa horsey!!!

Wouldn't have been as funny if i'd wrecked any of my gear...

I have chipped one of my front teeth when I was in my younger teen years holding a screw with my teeth, and had a knife blade slash the palm of my right hand whilst cutting something r/c related too.

2 of my not so finer r/c moments!
Old 05-08-2009, 08:11 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

I tried that cigarette trick with 30% Pro-Driver Byrons and to my suprise it actually DID ignite... So thats weird that yours didn't.

I have put cigarettes out in Gasoline though...
Old 05-08-2009, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is one that happened a while back that was PAINFUL:

I had JUST gotten my first Jammin X1-CRT pro with an RB TM928 setup and broken in. I grabbed a couple of hump packs and some fuel and headed for a big empty parking lot to play for a bit. Well... things were going great and the engine was screaming when I realized that I had grabbed the receiver batteries out of the DISCHARGED pile instead of the CHARGED pile. All of a suddun I lose all control of the vehicle and have to watch helplesely as it SCREAMS accross the parking lot and SLAMS into the side of the building I was next to at about 35mph. SPLUT!! Broke both front a-arms, bent the chassis, bent the front driveshaft and the front left CVD, bent the front shock tower, MANGLED the body, etc.....

Note to Self: Use a failsafe and make sure you used a charged reciever pack!
Old 05-08-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

..... plugged the ESC on my SC10 into the LiPo battery backwards...again. Somebody needs to invent bullet connectors with polarity.......
Try these - the plastic housing is diff from + to - so you can't plug them in any way other than correctly.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/29227

Don't even need to ask why I know about these either......
Old 05-08-2009, 10:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

--------------------

A week ago I plugged the ESC on my SC10 into the LiPo battery backwards...again. Somebody needs to invent bullet connectors with polarity. The few times I've done this before I got a little blue spark and no big deal. Buuut this time when I flipped the wires around and clicked the on/off switch...nobody home. Dammit.

New ESC should arrive tomorrow. I did take the initiative to paint one side of the truck's battery strap red so I'd know at a glance which side the positive wire goes in
use a deans plug! a fetus couldnt even screw that one up
Old 05-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I use the TrakPower LiPos, so in order to use a connector I'd have to make a bullet-to-connector adapter to go between the pack and the ESC. Either way, somewhere along the way I'll have to plug bullets into the pack.
Old 05-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

dont know how but i got my finger caught in between pinions and spur gears just as the radio glitched and went to WOT.
Old 05-08-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Renault_Tech View Post
dont know how but i got my finger caught in between pinions and spur gears just as the radio glitched and went to WOT.
Ummmm.... Ouch?
Old 05-08-2009, 09:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

I use the TrakPower LiPos, so in order to use a connector I'd have to make a bullet-to-connector adapter to go between the pack and the ESC. Either way, somewhere along the way I'll have to plug bullets into the pack.
My Flightmaxx hardpacks are the same way. There is a little - and + by the holes, but they are the same color of red as the rest of the pack and hard to see. I finally took a sharpie and marked a big black circle around the negitive hole.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.