Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Real Rides thread >

Real Rides thread

Real Rides thread

Old 03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
  #181  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
MoparRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rollin on 35s, NJ
Posts: 4,262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i was gonna say that back then too but i didnt want to argue

plus hes 15 and payed for dyno time...
MoparRules is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:35 PM
  #182  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
i was gonna say that back then too but i didnt want to argue

plus hes 15 and payed for dyno time...

Nevermind that he did it on pump gas too.. LoL
Kwik SC is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 07:53 PM
  #183  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
jatoman1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: slidell, louisiana
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Default

LOL at least his little rice cake was street legal(or was it haha) .



Its a 2001 Kawasaki KX125 2 stroke bored out to a 134cc with VForce reed valves, FMF gold series pipe, FMF shorty silencer(great combo for a 125), phathead racing cylinder head w/ interchangeable domes(for 105 oct and that extra umphh ), and wiseco flat top piston(for that lack of torque 125's have). its a 6 speed too, so you're always in the powerband.

its my 250 4-stroke killer

Last edited by jatoman1992; 03-02-2009 at 08:24 PM.
jatoman1992 is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 08:23 PM
  #184  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (2)
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Nice! we have a 2001 KX250 2 stroke in our garage, unfortunatly, it isn't mine. My family is actually raffleing it off for a co-worker, who crashed his bike and went into a coma while riding his bike, in order to aid for the medical expenses as well as some support for his family while he recovers (he is now out of the coma though, and he is making progress in thereapy).

Man, that thing hauls sack, i rode it the other day and it was my first time on a bike for a bit, and i was in fear for my life, in a good way... that sucker had some stupid-crazy torque.
a_main_attendee is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 08:51 PM
  #185  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
jatoman1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: slidell, louisiana
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Default

yeah for real those 250 2 strokes are too fast for my liking. im more comfortable with the "keep the throttle pinned" concept on 125's. if you try that on a 250 you'll wake up a week later in a hospital bed
jatoman1992 is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 09:07 PM
  #186  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
pinky2252s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Im pretty sure this would rape anything in this thread

Yamaha 06 R6

http://picasaweb.google.com/pinky2252s/UntitledAlbum#
pinky2252s is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 10:27 PM
  #187  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
RC_Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 478
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by speedemall View Post


nice rex!! I love that body style makes me miss my EF hatch. What are you using for engine management and what are the specs on the motor?
Originally Posted by jatoman1992 View Post
damn ! what motor do you have swapped in there?(B18b im guessing) and what turbo are you running? T3/T4? GT30?

we need some pics of the motor?
It's a B16
20 over Arias Pistons
Eagle Rods
Clevite moly coated bearings
GSR cams
Supertech springs,valves retainers
Turbonetics T3/T04E 60 trim compressor, Stage 3 .63 A/R exhaust side
Jank ebay turbo manifold slightly modified and Jet-Hot coated
Jank Tial knock-off 38mm wg
Greddy Type S BOV
Precision 1000cc injectors
AEM Fuel rail and FPR
MSD 6BTM
AEM Engine management with OBD1 conversion

Made 397whp on 13-14psi, running 16-17psi now, but haven't dyno'd it since, prob making 420-430ish I'd guess.

Don't really have current pics of the motor, but here's a few:
1st build, block looks basically the same as this now


Here's the dyno graph of the lower boost


I'll take a few pics tomorrow and post of the whole engine bay, guess I don't have any good ones current.
RC_Dan is offline  
Old 03-02-2009, 11:40 PM
  #188  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Queens, NY
Posts: 44
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
Im pretty sure this would rape anything in this thread

Yamaha 06 R6

http://picasaweb.google.com/pinky2252s/UntitledAlbum#
Well.. I dont know about that.. Id like to take a stab at it with my Mustang later on this year if you'd like to confirm that statement
Kwik SC is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 08:04 AM
  #189  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
RC_Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Ft. Collins, CO
Posts: 478
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
Im pretty sure this would rape anything in this thread

Yamaha 06 R6

http://picasaweb.google.com/pinky2252s/UntitledAlbum#
I guess that all depends on if there is anything done to it. My car will just about hang with an R6 depending on rider, that is a mostly stock one though.

The newer generation of bikes is just amazing to me, a new 600 is as fast or faster than an older 900 in most cases.

...and nice bike by the way. You ever run it at Bandimere? If so, what's it run?
RC_Dan is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 11:18 AM
  #190  
Team Tekin
 
TY@TEAMTEKIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Tekin
Posts: 2,465
Default

Originally Posted by jatoman1992 View Post
458FWHP at 6PSI? i dont think any 4 cyl in the world has made that kind of power on 6 PSI.

all i can say is BULL****

silly ricer
Depends on the turbo, you don't start with PSI. You start with a HP goal and put the boost PSI where it needs to be to get to that goal. But that would have to be one big ass turbo with some crazy lag time to get 458whp at 6psi. Normal DSMs that run 450+ use a GT35R or similar pushing over 30psi, usually not on pump gas but it can be done. Meth injection is your pal I'm thinking that car would be more around the 250-300 range realistically.

And there is nothing wrong with being a ricer, my Integra was turbo'd for a bit and was pretty mean. I'm gonna miss it.
TY@TEAMTEKIN is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM
  #191  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (60)
 
speedemall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: hagerstown,MD
Posts: 2,455
Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post
It's a B16
20 over Arias Pistons
Eagle Rods
Clevite moly coated bearings
GSR cams
Supertech springs,valves retainers
Turbonetics T3/T04E 60 trim compressor, Stage 3 .63 A/R exhaust side
Jank ebay turbo manifold slightly modified and Jet-Hot coated
Jank Tial knock-off 38mm wg
Greddy Type S BOV
Precision 1000cc injectors
AEM Fuel rail and FPR
MSD 6BTM
AEM Engine management with OBD1 conversion

.
SWEET!!! AEM makes good shit. I was on a budget so I went with moates ostrich. Thinking about trying my hand at uberdata or crome. I am trying to get out of the honda scene and more into DSM's since I tune and work on them all day long at work. I just get tired of hearing about all the honda thefts going on and they already tried to take mine twice. Hondas get stolen allot out your way?
speedemall is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:44 PM
  #192  
Tech Addict
 
NuthinFancy91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: 127 Rose Avenue
Posts: 747
Default

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
hey what rims are those? i love that style!
http://www.4wheelcustoms.com/Products.asp?Cat=49
NuthinFancy91 is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 02:57 PM
  #193  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
jatoman1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: slidell, louisiana
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Default

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Depends on the turbo, you don't start with PSI. You start with a HP goal and put the boost PSI where it needs to be to get to that goal. But that would have to be one big ass turbo with some crazy lag time to get 458whp at 6psi. Normal DSMs that run 450+ use a GT35R or similar pushing over 30psi, usually not on pump gas but it can be done. Meth injection is your pal I'm thinking that car would be more around the 250-300 range realistically.

And there is nothing wrong with being a ricer, my Integra was turbo'd for a bit and was pretty mean. I'm gonna miss it.
i nly called him a ricer cause he told us not to lol. And to me a ricer is a person with an ugly/bulky body kit or spoiler, claims to have a rediculous amount of horsepower with actually nothing but a cold air system on the car. and dosent know the first thing about building a engine or knowing how they work. and it has to be a 4 cyl IMO

you dont seem like that kind of person.
jatoman1992 is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:03 PM
  #194  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
jatoman1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: slidell, louisiana
Posts: 943
Trader Rating: 4 (75%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post
It's a B16
20 over Arias Pistons
Eagle Rods
Clevite moly coated bearings
GSR cams
Supertech springs,valves retainers
Turbonetics T3/T04E 60 trim compressor, Stage 3 .63 A/R exhaust side
Jank ebay turbo manifold slightly modified and Jet-Hot coated
Jank Tial knock-off 38mm wg
Greddy Type S BOV
Precision 1000cc injectors
AEM Fuel rail and FPR
MSD 6BTM
AEM Engine management with OBD1 conversion

Made 397whp on 13-14psi, running 16-17psi now, but haven't dyno'd it since, prob making 420-430ish I'd guess.
wow that is quite the peice of machinery. i wouldn't have a license if i had that car lol. Those AEM ECU's are pricey, would you say they're worth it or is there other ones out there that are just as good for half the cash?
jatoman1992 is offline  
Old 03-03-2009, 03:11 PM
  #195  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
pinky2252s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC_Dan View Post
I guess that all depends on if there is anything done to it. My car will just about hang with an R6 depending on rider, that is a mostly stock one though.

The newer generation of bikes is just amazing to me, a new 600 is as fast or faster than an older 900 in most cases.

...and nice bike by the way. You ever run it at Bandimere? If so, what's it run?

Indeed it has been run at bandimere, very low 10's, if at sea level it shoud be mid 9's

It does have a few mods and it can go 0-60 in just over 2 seconds it hits 150 around 8 ish seconds


Still think that stang can take it?
pinky2252s is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.