Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
6yr old killed at Monster Jam! >

6yr old killed at Monster Jam!

6yr old killed at Monster Jam!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:18 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default 6yr old killed at Monster Jam!

by flying debris as truck was doin donuts!!! and they kept the show goin all the while this was taking place. wth?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/...er_truck_death

R
Old 01-17-2009, 06:53 PM
Suspended

A terrible shame.

I hate to say I was waiting for something like that to happen, it just looked dangerous -- but I just hope it brings an end to the pointless donuts. Seen one you've seen 'em all.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Holy Shiot BatMan....i never did here them say he was deceased.....They did say they had too perform CPR on the boy ...
My local OffRoad club has been putting on Shows at the Monster Jams For 8 years in a Row....We build alot of intrest from doing those Show's....
4 years ago an local saw us and joined our club...He is now a sponserd Mugen OffRoad Pilot....

This is Very sad too see happen....
I hope the man and his Son recover........They will be in My Prayer's.....
Old 01-17-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
Holy Shiot BatMan....i never did here them say he was deceased.....They did say they had too perform CPR on the boy ...
My local OffRoad club has been putting on Shows at the Monster Jams For 8 years in a Row....We build alot of intrest from doing those Show's....
4 years ago an local saw us and joined our club...He is now a sponserd Mugen OffRoad Pilot....

This is Very sad too see happen....
I hope the man and his Son recover........They will be in My Prayer's.....
no he died. i was watching a video and it said a metal ring about the size of a Frisbee and 3/4 inch thick flew out and took a chunk out of his skull.

this is a very tragic accident with out a doubt. but this is going to kill monster trucks. now theres gonna be a fence up all around the arena and its gonna be impossible to see from the nose-bleeds and a bunch other things.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

holly shiot

my heart goes out to that family of the little kid that mom is probably devistated.....

all i have to say is law suit??
Old 01-17-2009, 07:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
no he died. i was watching a video and it said a metal ring about the size of a Frisbee and 3/4 inch thick flew out and took a chunk out of his skull.

this is a very tragic accident with out a doubt. but this is going to kill monster trucks. now theres gonna be a fence up all around the arena and its gonna be impossible to see from the nose-bleeds and a bunch other things.
SAD INDEED!
When they are here...They lineup Dumpsters all the way around the Arena and also You can't sit within about 10 row's of the floor.....i know you have seen MaxD Driver climb up over the plastic covered seat's too put a Helment on a Kid........

You are Wright though it will change everything about how they setup the Arena's......

All it takes is something like this too happen...

You probly already know,2 years ago in Selmer Tennessee....Troy Crutchley did a Burnout at a Kids Charity event that has been taking place for 20plus years.......In a 2500hp.Nitro car...Lost control and shot into the crowd killed like 6 or 8 kids........

I blame the promoters,Who in their Wright mind would let that happen on a street with people lined down both side's to watch him do it.......
There have been people killed in the stands at Drag strip's buy flying parts before......that was just Stupid!
They will never have that Event Again...........

There have also been Drag Boats in the Grandstands.....

There will always be Danger in thrill seeking sporting event's........
Old 01-17-2009, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

If they stopped the show, it would draw more attention and people would get mad and stuff.
Old 01-17-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Geez that's quite sad but you would have to admit that's a freaky accident and maybe one in a million but it wouldn't hurt to maybe run some perspex around the arena like they do in ice hockey so something like this never happens again. I feel for that family as i have a little one of my own and i tell you what if that happened to my family we would be shattered, there would be no amount of "sorry money" that would bring them back or make you feel better
Old 01-18-2009, 07:35 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

One thing really confuses me. They normally don't seat people in the first several rows and they even state that in the newscast but if you look at the video you can see lots of people sitting right on the railing where the truck came to a stop. Maybe they figured those seats were high enough to be ok.
Old 01-18-2009, 08:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
SAD INDEED!
When they are here...They lineup Dumpsters all the way around the Arena and also You can't sit within about 10 row's of the floor.....i know you have seen MaxD Driver climb up over the plastic covered seat's too put a Helment on a Kid........

You are Wright though it will change everything about how they setup the Arena's......

All it takes is something like this too happen...

You probly already know,2 years ago in Selmer Tennessee....Troy Crutchley did a Burnout at a Kids Charity event that has been taking place for 20plus years.......In a 2500hp.Nitro car...Lost control and shot into the crowd killed like 6 or 8 kids........

I blame the promoters,Who in their Wright mind would let that happen on a street with people lined down both side's to watch him do it.......
There have been people killed in the stands at Drag strip's buy flying parts before......that was just Stupid!
They will never have that Event Again...........

There have also been Drag Boats in the Grandstands.....

There will always be Danger in thrill seeking sporting event's........

They went after Troy Critchley and he plead guilty to 28 misdemeanors and will not serve any jail time.

good readin about the topic: http://promodzone.com/showthread.php...troy+critchley
Old 01-18-2009, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

ya They let the show continue even after the accident. Such a sad story
Old 01-18-2009, 05:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by omarwashington View Post
ya They let the show continue even after the accident. Such a sad story
the fact that they let the show go on is horrible.. thoughts and prayers with the family
Old 01-18-2009, 05:38 PM
Tech Legend

show was over less than 20min after the accident...
Old 01-18-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jamminnay View Post
the fact that they let the show go on is horrible.. thoughts and prayers with the family
get the kid medical attention and keep all attention off him so everybody dosent freak out VS. massive freak out where everybody rushes around the poor boy making it impossible to get medics there.

you decide....
Old 01-18-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

look it was just my opinion.. from what i read they did not even stop it at the time of the accident.. they said people were throwing stuff to try and get the medics attention

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.