Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
6yr old killed at Monster Jam! >

6yr old killed at Monster Jam!

6yr old killed at Monster Jam!

Old 01-18-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

It was a tragedy for sure and my prayers go to the boys family.
The noise generated by those trucks it wouldnt surprise me that the medics/staff were wearing hearing protection which just complicated matters.
Old 01-19-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

i just do not understand how the drive shaft loop come out.. everyone that i have seen has been braced very well..
Old 01-27-2009, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

A very sad event to hear about

I've only ever been to one stunt driving exhibition, and that was in a controlled,fenced enviroment. But it still wouldn't have stopped anything happening that has already been told of in this story though.

When you're enjoying yourself at such a place, you don't have the thought of safety in the back of your mind (usually) and it sounded like a very unlucky thing to happen

Hopefully the organisers can learn from what can only be a very difficult time for the people involved in the incident, after reading about this I would think twice before taking my son somewhere like this.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

another person was killed this weekend in madison, accadentaly steped out infront of a truck...
Old 01-28-2009, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

this is a terribly tragic accident but i understand where the officials r coming from in not stopping the show. there are many of reason
1. if you have ever been to a show of that size you cant even tlk to the person next to you so the fans having to throw thing i understand because they probably didnt know anything had happen.
2. you got to keep going on with the show so hopefully people will have no idea what has even happened and it wont cause a rush of people freaking out
3. when ever you go to a event like that or motorcross, or hockey or anything they are risks you take by going there. just a couple weeks ago i was at a hockey game and a puck came out over the net and hit somebody in the mouth. there were safty percautions inplace and they still failed so its a risk you run.

best of wishes to the family during the tragic times of losing a young loved one <3
Old 01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
another person was killed this weekend in madison, accadentaly steped out infront of a truck...
Here's a story on it http://www.madison.com/wsj/mad/top/434670
Old 01-28-2009, 04:51 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

where ya need to shoot the lawyers...if those people take their kids in...its on them. that or make em wear a helmet. children have to wear helmets for everythin else these days except for dinner and dildo practice.

R
Old 01-28-2009, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

How do you walk out in front of a monster truck and get hit by it? (Is that monster truck I hear, can't be. I'm going to walk out in the middle of the stadium and I wont get hit!) The kid getting hit with debris is understandable but the guy just walks out and gets squashed by a slow moving mt. It was stupid but I still feel bad for him and the boy.
Old 01-28-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
where ya need to shoot the lawyers...if those people take their kids in...its on them. that or make em wear a helmet. children have to wear helmets for everythin else these days except for dinner and dildo practice.

R
HaHa, I hear ya! Thats like suing nascar for becoming deaf when you sit in the first row without ear protection. When people go to these events, you are going at your own risk.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ultegrasti View Post
by flying debris as truck was doin donuts!!! and they kept the show goin all the while this was taking place. wth?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090117/...er_truck_death

R
Does anyone have the video clip? I seen the news about this online after it happened... If I remember right, that truck had a bad crash or rolled over earlier in the show. Just wanted to double check, that could have been a huge factor with it spewing parts... In that case, the show promoters could/should be liable for negligence charges...

What a mishap! A day of fun gone wrong!
Old 02-25-2009, 11:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

sad.
Old 02-26-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its sad that things in this world happen