Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Shipping with Wife or Girlfriend !!! >

Shipping with Wife or Girlfriend !!!

Shipping with Wife or Girlfriend !!!

Reply

Old 01-12-2009, 07:51 PM
  #1  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,890
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default Shipping with Wife or Girlfriend !!!

K i noticed this ALOT here !!!

60%-80% of the the people, me and my friend dealt with on here, ship their items through "Wife" or "Girlfriend". Or Parents, whats up with that ???

Which is not a problem at all if its done right.

The problem arrises once you get to the Tracking number part.
Missplaced by her or did not purchased it, as agreed to during a deal.

Another Problem shows up "when" it was shipped.
"oh she shipped it out yesterday!" Turns out "Oh she forgot, it will be shipped out tomorrow"
Sure its not about life and dead, but having a 3rd person in this deal pushes the priority of getting the item out, even further down lower. As the 3rd person doesnt give a damn.

Once the package is missing its always "he did she did,"
"i dunno, i gave her the package" It does not mean you loose ur reponsibility once you hand the package to someone else.

-Pearl

Your thoughts and opinions !!!
iPearl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:57 PM
  #2  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
clamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by iPearl View Post
K i noticed this ALOT here !!!

60%-80% of the the people, me and my friend dealt with on here, ship their items through "Wife" or "Girlfriend". Or Parents, whats up with that ???

Which is not a problem at all if its done right.

The problem arrises once you get to the Tracking number part.
Missplaced by her or did not purchased it, as agreed to during a deal.

Another Problem shows up "when" it was shipped.
"oh she shipped it out yesterday!" Turns out "Oh she forgot, it will be shipped out tomorrow"
Sure its not about life and dead, but having a 3rd person in this deal pushes the priority of getting the item out, even further down lower. As the 3rd person doesnt give a damn.

Once the package is missing its always "he did she did,"
"i dunno, i gave her the package" It does not mean you loose ur reponsibility once you hand the package to someone else.

-Pearl

Your thoughts and opinions !!!

Haha, like 4 hours ago I sent a message telling a member that my brother shipped a package out.
clamber is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:04 PM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
pinky2252s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Its because there GF's or wives do all the clothes shopping on ebay and stuff so they have paypal accounts
pinky2252s is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
  #4  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (11)
 
C_O_jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Wa.
Posts: 9,055
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

The short bus does not stop at the post office.
C_O_jones is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 08:51 PM
  #5  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

lol
WFO7640 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:33 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (52)
 
JamesArluck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,233
Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Default

If they sold shoes at the Post Office, she'd be less likely to "forget" to stop by there...
JamesArluck is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 10:08 PM
  #7  
Suspended
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Central Minnesota
Posts: 2,049
Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)
Default

I know with work and stuff I get pretty busy and living in a small town like I do, my post office has messed up hours, so Id say a good 50% of the time, I will have my gf do my shipping, or else have the mailman pick it up.
I know what your saying though. I always get a little nervous when I buy something and they say someone else is going to ship it out.
4u2nv is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 03:52 AM
  #8  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (70)
 
Wanabrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 4,828
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

I've never had someone take responsbility to ship a package for me and I don't intend to. I figure If I can take the time to post it for sale and take someones money, I can take the time to make sure it gets to where it supposed to go.
Wanabrc is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:14 AM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (116)
 
SirKarnage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tacos Under Cacti, Searing Our Neighborhood
Posts: 1,231
Trader Rating: 116 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Wanabrc View Post
I've never had someone take responsbility to ship a package for me and I don't intend to. I figure If I can take the time to post it for sale and take someones money, I can take the time to make sure it gets to where it supposed to go.
+1

If your going to be responsible for getting my money, I want you to be accountable for me getting my item. And vice versa..

You sure had the time to post it, reply to the PM's.. check your paypal for the payment.. IF you have someone else take it down etc, make sure you have them do it right, its YOUR rep on the line still...
SirKarnage is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 05:18 AM
  #10  
Tech Champion
 
tc3team's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 6,151
Default

I dont have a paypal account myself, but a good friend does who's had it for years, so ive sold stuff on ebay using his account (he posts it out and i give him a cut for his help).

If you're good friends with someone, or know them well, you should (usually) be fine.
tc3team is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:41 AM
  #11  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
rdsoxfn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Maine
Posts: 301
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Most of the time I have my wife ship it.I do all the packing and make sure its ready to be shipped.She works next to the post office so it only makes sense.She's also shipped enough to know about tracking and insurance.
rdsoxfn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 12:16 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,890
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Well the problem is really not them shipping it.

Its the thought that they think it is all well giving it to someone else.
I know some sellers, that i dont mind b/c i dealt with them before.

But once a 15 year old kid uses that sentence i get worried.

Or once a seller using that sentence and then starts ignoring my pms.
(Giving the buyer the feeling that it is not the sellers responsibility no more but now his GFs responsibility.)
iPearl is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:09 PM
  #13  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (7)
 
bigsquidracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: redding
Posts: 445
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

my gf does it, because i have not even clost to enough time to be shipping my items out. the days i have open are sat and sunday. on sunday everyone is closed and if not doing stuff at house on sat, i am usuallly racing.
bigsquidracer is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 09:59 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (29)
 
Factory Seal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Memphis,TN.
Posts: 3,977
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

I would never let my WIFE ship anything for me!.......

She would maybe figure out what I'm up too!.....
Factory Seal is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:55 AM
  #15  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (96)
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,890
Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Factory Seal View Post
I would never let my WIFE ship anything for me!.......

She would maybe figure out what I'm up too!.....
+1
LMAO But what are you up to ??? LOL
iPearl is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service