Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Magazine Ad innappropriate? >

Magazine Ad innappropriate?

Magazine Ad innappropriate?

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2009, 08:28 AM
  #61  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
That's period, not piriod and my use of the period outside of the quote is ok depending on who you ask. American English generally puts the period inside the quotes. The English put it outside as I have. Being an American, I guess you could say that I am incorrect but I prefer the period outside. England and some American style guides agree with me.
Being as you live in the U.S., and I guess you were born and raised here as well as attended school here, I would think you'd not be arguing over whether your punctuation placement was correct or not (since it wasn't) any more than you'd argue with a cop over which side of the road you're driving on any more than whether you had tyres or tires on your car.

Oh, and the word I think you were searching for was British, not English, and as a matter of fact they actually put the period inside the quotation mark just as we do in this country. For example - "There are many new medications available...but you do not stop medication." - taken straight from an article in today's edition of The Sun newspaper. http://www.thesun.co.uk/

Last edited by WFO7640; 01-07-2009 at 08:41 AM.
WFO7640 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:38 AM
  #62  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Dear Pervert,

1. Today's children are matured ( smarter ) earlier than our childhood.

2. When you have daugther(s), then you know how inappropriate the ad was.
Dear sh!tforbrains:

1. Today's children are going off to college needing remedial classes in basic math and English, the ones going to college, and despite how smart you suggest they are and the knowledge available to them both online and otherwise the facts are they are having children at younger and younger ages than ever before via having unprotected sex and are becoming addicted to hard drugs in record numbers.

2. I had children, three daughters and two sons. Three graduated from college, one has her doctorate, and one is serving his country in Iraq.

3. If you prefer to take a lilly white view of the world through rose-colored classes go right ahead. But don't expect the rest of society to walk lock-step behind you.

4. Have you got anything else totally moronic to add?

Last edited by WFO7640; 01-07-2009 at 08:49 AM.
WFO7640 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
  #63  
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
Dear sh!tforbrains:

1. Today's children are going off to college needing remedial classes in basic math and English, the ones going to college, and despite how smart you suggest they are and the knowledge available to them both online and otherwise the facts are they are having children at younger and younger ages than ever before via having unprotected sex and are becoming addicted to hard drugs in record numbers.

2. I had children, three daughters and two sons. Three graduated from college, one has her doctoratte, and one is serving his country in Iraq.

3. Have you got anything else totally moronic to add?

Dear Pervert,

1. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

2. Show the ad to your three daughters. Tell them the readers of the ad includes children and teenagers. Ask each one : Is this inappropriate advertisement ?

3. Blah... blah....blah.... blah ....
asw7576 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 09:06 AM
  #64  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Dear Pervert,

1. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

2. Show the ad to your three daughters. Tell them the readers of the ad includes children and teenagers. Ask each one : Is this inappropriate advertisement ?

3. Blah... blah....blah.... blah ....
Dear sh!forbrains:

1. Facts are facts. If they're as smart/mature as you suggest how come the facts speak otherwise?

2. My daughters thought the ad juvenile. My one son thought it hilarious, but stupid. How about having some children of your own, or waiting until they're grown up, before telling me how things are?

3. Just because you haven't the ability to see the real world around you, or are so bound up in some crazy Quaker view of how the world should be, doesn't mean your views are correct or reality based.
WFO7640 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 09:34 AM
  #65  
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
Dear sh!forbrains:

1. Facts are facts. If they're as smart/mature as you suggest how come the facts speak otherwise?

2. My daughters thought the ad juvenile. My one son thought it hilarious, but stupid. How about having some children of your own, or waiting until they're grown up, before telling me how things are?

3. Just because you haven't the ability to see the real world around you, or are so bound up in some crazy Quaker view of how the world should be, doesn't mean your views are correct or reality based.

Dear Pervert,

1. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

2. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

3. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

I usually put a lot of respect to much older people than me, like allowing them to have my seat , wait few moment until they get in / get out from elevators and escalators, etc.

How come you are not worth it ???
asw7576 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 10:28 AM
  #66  
Tech Master
iTrader: (35)
 
rcterp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: No mans land.
Posts: 1,032
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Now, back to the real point....

Don't you think they should have used the Energizer Bunny with a battery penis? Makes more sense to me, having the dude just seems unrealistic.
rcterp is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 10:57 AM
  #67  
Tech Fanatic
 
helibrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Default

Originally Posted by rcterp View Post


I'm officially baffled by this.
Which part? The ad, the varying perceptions of the ad, or the constant bickering that goes on within the forum?
Or D: All of the above.

I recall seeing the ad in a magazine a while back. The innuendo was hilarious and all, but the girl was really just window dressing. They could have had the "Where's the beef?" lady standing there, gawking at the erect pack, and it still would have been hilarious.



If the guy (chris the battery man) that posted on the rccrawler forum happens to read rctech, the answer is a simple one. Disclaimer! All models used in the making of this ad are over the age of 18. Done!

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
That's period, not piriod and my use of the period outside of the quote is ok depending on who you ask. American English generally puts the period inside the quotes. The English put it outside as I have. Being an American, I guess you could say that I am incorrect but I prefer the period outside. England and some American style guides agree with me.
aND NoWw tu flecks mi liturerry mussles! you're us uf thu quots wuz correckt. If you were quoting a complete sentence, the period would go inside the quotes. If you were to quote a portion of a sentence, or use quotes to define a "keyword", the period would go outside the quotes.

e.g.:
In your previous post, you said "depending on who you ask".
The way you gentlemen are conducting yourselves on this forum is not very "PC".
And the handsome heli guy said, "The way you gentlemen are conducting yourselves is quite infantile."

I'm sure if anyone were to look closely, you would find several literary errors in my post. Feel free to point them out, if you have nothing better to do, and I will gladly ignore your findings.

That'll be 3 please. (inflation)
helibrian is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 10:59 AM
  #68  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Dear Pervert,

1. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

2. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

3. Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah....

I usually put a lot of respect to much older people than me, like allowing them to have my seat , wait few moment until they get in / get out from elevators and escalators, etc.

How come you are not worth it ???
Dear whateverthehelljerk:

Funny that your only response to things you have no explanation or answer for is "Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah...."

My daughter just pointed out to me that the people so worried about perversion that they see if where it doesn't really exist are usually the ones that have some deep-rooted perversion demons and insecurities of their own to deal with.

Good luck with that.
WFO7640 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM
  #69  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by rcterp View Post
Now, back to the real point....

Don't you think they should have used the Energizer Bunny with a battery penis? Makes more sense to me, having the dude just seems unrealistic.
WFO7640 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:02 AM
  #70  
Tech Fanatic
 
helibrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Default

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
My daughter just pointed out to me that the people so worried about perversion that they see if where it doesn't really exist are usually the ones that have some deep-rooted perversion demons and insecurities of their own to deal with.
Seems reasonable.
helibrian is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:07 AM
  #71  
Tech Fanatic
 
helibrian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 801
Default

Private ownership of demons should be banned!
helibrian is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:10 AM
  #72  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by helibrian View Post
Seems reasonable.
WFO7640 is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:35 AM
  #73  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 7,926
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by helibrian View Post
Private ownership of demons should be banned!
So demons should only be in the public realm?

Sounds like demonic socialism to me.
jiml is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:43 AM
  #74  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
clamber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 703
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
So demons should only be in the public realm?

Sounds like demonic socialism to me.
lolz
clamber is offline  
Old 01-07-2009, 11:44 AM
  #75  
Tech Champion
 
asw7576's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 5,792
Default

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
Dear whateverthehelljerk:

Funny that your only response to things you have no explanation or answer for is "Blah .... blah .... blah.... blah...."

My daughter just pointed out to me that the people so worried about perversion that they see if where it doesn't really exist are usually the ones that have some deep-rooted perversion demons and insecurities of their own to deal with.

Good luck with that.
You and your doctorate ( I think you are lying ) have proper qualification to shrink people ??? ...... I guess NOT.

BTW, You haven't answer my question #2. What is your daugther said ? Is cheapbattery.com's ad inappropriate or not ?

Keep it focus, moron.
asw7576 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service