Magazine Ad innappropriate? >

Magazine Ad innappropriate?

Magazine Ad innappropriate?

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
it'd be my suggestion that you go back and get your GED so at least you have a shot at correctly spelling the simple words and using the correct ones (there vs. their) so you don't make yourself look like such as ass, a retard, or a raving lunatic.
I love it when people bash someone's spelling and grammar while making mistakes themselves. That should be AN ASS, not AS ASS.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
You're probably an all right dude in person, but on this forum you sound like whiny biatch.... (aka a pussy)

Sorry mods... but he was talking about my dick...again.

And if she's of age... then skeet skeet skeet....
Hey dick,

You started it first.

You know the ad is wrong after all.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
I love it when people bash someone's spelling and grammar while making mistakes themselves. That should be AN ASS, not AS ASS.
Hey, thanks for catching my error. I went back and edited the post, and messed that sentence up while adding a few things.

I also love it when people bash someone's spelling and grammar while making mistakes themselves. There should be a comma in there somewhere, shouldn't there? > "Agreed but Bernie coming out and making it public just makes his sport look like a joke." http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...ml#post5189565 Post #8980
Old 01-06-2009, 01:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why do you even bother looking at ads? I for instance, make an effort to tune them out.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Lord

There should be a comma in there somewhere, shouldn't there? > "Agreed but Bernie coming out and making it public just makes his sport look like a joke." http://www.rctech.net/forum/chat-lou...ml#post5189565 Post #8980
Yes there probably should have been a comma (not sure though, I'll have to check the style guide) but I never claimed to be the grammar police. I'm just pointing out the fact that if you are going to insist on perfection from everyone else you had better make sure your own posts are perfect. Otherwise you just look like a hypocrite. I'm certainly not perfect and I try not to demand it from others. It does make me feel somewhat proud that you had to dig into an old post from an entirely different thread to find a minor mistake.

Now, unless there are spelling and grammar errors in the add, I think we need to get back on topic.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
Yes there probably should have been a comma (not sure though, I'll have to check the style guide) but I never claimed to be the grammar police. I'm just pointing out the fact that if you are going to insist on perfection from everyone else you had better make sure your own posts are perfect. Otherwise you just look like a hypocrite. I'm certainly not perfect and I try not to demand it from others. It does make me feel somewhat proud that you had to dig into an old post from an entirely different thread to find a minor mistake.

Yes, it would have been called a "run-on sentence."

I was only playing grammar cop, if that's what you want to call it, because he started throwing around the word "retard." Which not only isn't cool, but kind of dumb when his own command of the English language was so poor.
And I only threw it back at you since you were the one looking to find the error in my post, because doing so and not being perfect yourself makes you just as much a hypocrite or more.

One more thing; the word "ad" (as in advertisement) contains only one D, not two.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'd piihb.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Tech Lord

because doing so and not being perfect yourself makes you just as much a hypocrite or more.
That should be "OF a hypocrite".
Old 01-06-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

piriod goes inside the ""s

^^^^^
thats how (random degrading word) you guys sound/look.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I'm officially baffled by this.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

trust me, most little kids probably wont even understand, and if they did understand they have seen something before the add, and there for not really the adds fault, when i was 10-11 i probably wouldn't have even second guessed that, and just thought it was an add, and skipped over it.. but when i was 16 i would have laughed my @*$ off and just skipped over it... i dont think some little kid is going to learn anything off that???? not that big of deal to me...
Old 01-06-2009, 09:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigsquidracer View Post
trust me, most little kids probably wont even understand, and if they did understand they have seen something before the add, and there for not really the adds fault, when i was 10-11 i probably wouldn't have even second guessed that, and just thought it was an add, and skipped over it.. but when i was 16 i would have laughed my @*$ off and just skipped over it... i dont think some little kid is going to learn anything off that???? not that big of deal to me...

+1
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by bigsquidracer View Post
+2
Old 01-07-2009, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

+2
Dear Pervert,

1. Today's children are matured ( smarter ) earlier than our childhood.

2. When you have daugther(s), then you know how inappropriate the ad was.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:22 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
piriod goes inside the ""s

^^^^^
thats how (random degrading word) you guys sound/look.
That's period, not piriod and my use of the period outside of the quote is ok depending on who you ask. American English generally puts the period inside the quotes. The English put it outside as I have. Being an American, I guess you could say that I am incorrect but I prefer the period outside. England and some American style guides agree with me.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service