Magazine Ad innappropriate? >

Magazine Ad innappropriate?

Magazine Ad innappropriate?

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2009, 07:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The ad seems pretty funny to me.

A while ago, maybe I would have thought it was a bit much. But as more and more R/C magazines began to stick half naked women not only in the ads, but also in the magazine articles themselves, it became obvious that arguing against it was a lost cause. I used to argue all the time about how stupid it was to see more women in a mag like Xtreme R/C, than you saw actual...R/C cars, but in the debates, the sex starved masses here on R/C tech won out. As can be proven by all the polls showing Xtreme as one of the top mags. So of course, seeing that, other R/C mags started ading a little sex to push the sales. Hell, as I'm writing this, there is a ad (EPRacing.com) here on rctech with a young girl who wants to give the impression of being bottomless, holding a sign saying EPRacing. So its everywhere.

So really, ads like this are only the next logical step. If you don't like it, then maybe more people should have stopped it before it really got started, by letting Xtreme know they didn't want that stuff in R/C mags. But they didn't, so now we have this, and with the attention its getting, the next advertiser will only be tempted to push things a little further next time.

But lets face it...look around at your local R/C track. Hot girls aren't exactly beating down the door to get to racers! Advertisers know that. So they are simply doing their job. Creating advertising that gets the attention of the target audience. In this case...R/C nerds.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by asw7576 View Post
Hmmm, the ad is really annoying and inappropriate to see. The magazine editor should banned such advertisement before printing it. Put it this way, the girl in the ad is still going to school, what her friends & parent says when looking at the ad ? And for the boy, what he will become ?? Ron Jeremy ?

Don't order anything from cheap battery .com as form of protest, so cheap battery . com understand the difference between moral responsbility to society and selling products.
Get a life.....
Old 01-06-2009, 08:02 AM
Tech Master

It's so pathetic in this country that people cry about a little sexual innuendo, yet advertising guns and violence is OK. If you ask me it should be the other way around. In Europe you'll see nudity in a soap commercial on prime time TV, but rarely if ever you'll see a gun. The same mother's who complained about Janet Jackson's nipple at the Superbowl halftime are probably the same mother's who let their kids play Grand Theft Auto. The US is truly a f*cked up place.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I wish they could advertise Cigarettes again. I need one after some of these advertisements.

As for Xtreme Rc mags we used to hang the posters in my sons room. Any one ever have a Farrah Faucet poster?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

But lets face it...look around at your local R/C track. Hot girls aren't exactly beating down the door to get to racers! Advertisers know that. So they are simply doing their job. Creating advertising that gets the attention of the target audience. In this case...R/C nerds.
AMEN BROTHER! Those of us that work in advertising see this all the time. I'm asked on a regular basis... "Is this ok?" I just smile and nod. So far, it hasn't come back to haunt me... because the ads did what they were supposed to do... sell stuff.

It's true, if you walk down a street in Europe, you'll see more titties than a playboy. Actually walk into one of those magazine stands... as an American, you'll be stunned! When I was 17 I got to visit Paris, and saw all this in person. Even in 1997, titties everywhere.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post

Ha ha.. R/C tracks look like a leper colony..... If a decent looking girl did actually show up at an event I imagine there would be heaps of leghumping going on.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:32 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
Since obviously you werent smart enough to figure it out, That was a joke you friggen retard.. You think if I was a drug dealer, Id advertise it on the internet? Get a clue you stupid ass. Since the guy under my post said he was a brain surgeon, it must be true huh?? Retard..

Also comparing me saying Im a street pharmacist to a advertisement in a magazine is a little different. There a business looking to make money threw there adds. Not a guy posting on a forum for shits and giggles. But I wouldnt expect you to understand since your about as smart and bright as the greasy dump I just took.
Since you're obviously a little lacking in the gray-matter department I'll spell it out for you chucky; most normal people would find your comment about as funny (and maybe even less so) as the ad you decided to get all prudish about. And making jokes in public, i.e on a public forum, is really no different than an ad displayed to the public - at that point it just comes down to numbers.

Oh, and by the way, if you're going to stretch your vocabulary and start using big words by trying to make yourself look smart at the expense of the mentally handicapped it'd be my suggestion that you go back and get your GED so at least you have a shot at correctly spelling the simple words and using the correct ones (there vs. their) so you don't make yourself look like such an ass, a retard, or a raving lunatic.

Last edited by WFO7640; 01-06-2009 at 12:03 PM.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:36 AM
Suspended

Hmmm, the ad is really annoying and inappropriate to see. The magazine editor should banned such advertisement before printing it. Put it this way, the girl in the ad is still going to school, what her friends & parent says when looking at the ad ? And for the boy, what he will become ?? Ron Jeremy ?

Don't order anything from cheap battery .com as form of protest, so cheap battery . com understand the difference between moral responsbility to society and selling products.

You really should lighten up, and maybe have read the supplied link earlier in this thread and you would have found out the girl is "of age" and both the people pictured work for the company.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Champion

It all boils down to an individuals perception of what's acceptable and whats not.

im married with a 3 year old son, I don't need to look at stuff like that to go about making a purchase, i'll look elsewhere.

If I were 10 years younger though, I would have probably got a poster of it and it would be on my bedroom wall,lol

I tend to look past advertising when i'm buying something, i'll go about finding out a companies reputation, maybe their race results, (although i'm never going to be at the nexts worlds race lol) and the bare facts about it's products.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ha ha.. R/C tracks look like a leper colony..... If a decent looking girl did actually show up at an event I imagine there would be heaps of leghumping going on.
It does, we all act like animals when one walks by... Did you see the episode of Southpark where Bebe's tits destroy the world?
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by rearviewmirror View Post
It's so pathetic in this country that people cry about a little sexual innuendo, yet advertising guns and violence is OK. If you ask me it should be the other way around. In Europe you'll see nudity in a soap commercial on prime time TV, but rarely if ever you'll see a gun. The same mother's who complained about Janet Jackson's nipple at the Superbowl halftime are probably the same mother's who let their kids play Grand Theft Auto. The US is truly a f*cked up place.
I think you are the one who have pathetic taste about sexual innuendo and have pathetic taste for being a decent man.

I don't mind looking your avatar girl for 10 minutes, or staring at the acer bearing girl on rc magazine ads. But this cheap battery . com advertisement is so pathetic in regards to taste ( just like your taste ), so get a life and be a decent man, dick !

In regards to Europe : Yes, I also go to Europe and often see nude women advertisement in dept. store' windows spread accross germany and holland, but their nude ad picture is not that pathetic / cheap taste. The women in the picture ad is not stupidly exploited or insulted like that.

In regards to America : America is not f xx d place. I never see totally nude women ad picture in america dept stores' windows.
Not even at Victoria's Secret shop windows !!! And don't try to BS me. I never see gun advertisement in tv ads. Here is the deal, Not all people think liberally like you. Most of them are still value about decency, manners, family values and traditions.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:09 AM
Suspended

I don't mind looking your avatar girl for 10 minutes, or staring at the acer bearing girl on rc magazine ads. But this cheap battery . com advertisement is so pathetic in regards to taste ..........
What's the difference, really?

You find it okay to stare at a half-naked acer ho for 10 minutes, but some vague sexual inuendo has you all in a tither?

Get real!

In regards to America : America is not f xx d place. I never see totally nude women ad picture in america dept stores' windows.
Not even at Victoria's Secret shop windows !!! And don't try to BS me. I never see gun advertisement in tv ads. Here is the deal, Not all people think liberally like you. Most of them are still value about decency, manners, family values and traditions.
You're right - we have no totally naked woman in ads or department store windows, gun advertising is outlawed.
Yet we do have Victoria's Secret stores in most major malls; and what kind of message do you think that sends to the teen traffic that troops past it every afternoon while they're hanging out at the mall?
That it's just a store for mommy? I don't think so.

What you're arguing is that it's okay in one version but not okay in another.
It's like arguing the difference between strip clubs that offer full nudity versus those that don't. They're still freaking strip clubs!

Some of you honestly either need to start arguing for some sense of puritanical Quaker reform, or get off your high horses.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
You really should lighten up, and maybe have read the supplied link earlier in this thread and you would have found out the girl is "of age" and both the people pictured work for the company.
There are more readers out there would think negative impression same like me. And worse.... they don't know the explaination.

I read the explaination, ...... it's still inappropriate ad to see. It's too vulgar.
Old 01-06-2009, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

I think you are the one who have pathetic taste about sexual innuendo and have pathetic taste for being a decent man.

I don't mind looking your avatar girl for 10 minutes, or staring at the acer bearing girl on rc magazine ads. But this cheap battery . com advertisement is so pathetic in regards to taste ( just like your taste ), so get a life and be a decent man, dick !

In regards to Europe : Yes, I also go to Europe and often see nude women advertisement in dept. store' windows spread accross germany and holland, but their nude ad picture is not that pathetic / cheap taste. The women in the picture ad is not stupidly exploited or insulted like that.

You're probably an all right dude in person, but on this forum you sound like whiny biatch.... (aka a pussy)

Sorry mods... but he was talking about my dick...again.

And if she's of age... then skeet skeet skeet....
Old 01-06-2009, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
What's the difference, really?

You find it okay to stare at a half-naked acer ho for 10 minutes, but some vague sexual inuendo has you all in a tither?

Get real!

You're right - we have no totally naked woman in ads or department store windows, gun advertising is outlawed.
Yet we do have Victoria's Secret stores in most major malls; and what kind of message do you think that sends to the teen traffic that troops past it every afternoon while they're hanging out at the mall?
That it's just a store for mommy? I don't think so.

What you're arguing is that it's okay in one version but not okay in another.
It's like arguing the difference between strip clubs that offer full nudity versus those that don't. They're still freaking strip clubs!

Some of you honestly either need to start arguing for some sense of puritanical Quaker reform, or get off your high horses.

The difference : The picture ad I saw in germany & holland were not stupidly exploited or insulted like that. Contrast that with cheap batt's ads : The 18 years old employee is looking at lame long dix before and hard long dix after ? come on ? it's too vulgar.

About V. S : I don't know what r u trying to argue...... what I have to say : Victoria Secret Company still has advertising manners and decency. The company won't make pathetic ads like that.... it's wrong doing.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service