Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Microsoft strikes again! >

Microsoft strikes again!

Microsoft strikes again!

Old 01-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
That is where author information comes in. Normally the author leaves a snippet about them, or section dedicated to who they are, etc. Same thing like in books. Weather they are legitimate is something else. There are plenty of books written by "Anonymous". Plenty of books are written by fake people. So therefore, how can we be sure that all books are legit? Same thing with the Internet... some is written by legit people, some is not.
Hmmm, perhaps that would be why I said:

Originally Posted by downtempo View Post
The sheer scale of the information available digitally brings into question the accountability/accuracy of everything to be read. The medium of which is chosen to gain knowledge is subjective... only as good as the user.
Look back on my post and find where I said that books are the only "legit" source. What I said concerns SCALE, more readily accessible data means more readily accessible data can be brought into question for accuracy.

I admit that sentence came out wrong, so you have open season on that one.
This is not some war for me, I am not looking for your vulnerability for some malicious exploitation... though you could stand for a heavy dose of "humble".

But what I meant, was knowledge could only be validated through books. Now if I want to know if my teacher is right about something, I can check the Internet, or books. They should, because plenty of times my teachers at school will teach us something, and I will find something on the Internet that contradicts it, and they say that the Internet is right.
I am glad you have found that you are teachers are not always accurate, either was Einstein... but that was pre 1990 so I guess we all got lucky there.

It was clearly a good enough wife's tale, for some English scientists to test it.
That was the first wives tale I have ever heard of being chased down by scientists regardless of kids being perplexed! I am sure that the kids of DaVinci's time had been given a load of crap about their questions concerning human flight, but wait, they had no google.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

so.....many.....quotes!
Old 01-02-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Elite

I am laughing my butt off on this!!!! The Zune is still locked????

Let me get my iRiver.....load me another song on it..... A mp3 player should be just that....an MP3 player. If I am listening to music....screw the time.....
Old 01-02-2009, 12:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

That was the first wives tale I have ever heard of being chased down by scientists regardless of kids being perplexed! I am sure that the kids of DaVinci's time had been given a load of crap about their questions concerning human flight, but wait, they had no google.
http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/acoustics_info/duck/

Read my sig. I am done fighting on the Internet.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
I am laughing my butt off on this!!!! The Zune is still locked????

Let me get my iRiver.....load me another song on it..... A mp3 player should be just that....an MP3 player. If I am listening to music....screw the time.....
no its fine now...
Old 01-02-2009, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
http://www.acoustics.salford.ac.uk/acoustics_info/duck/

so steve, you wanna fight about something?
Old 01-02-2009, 12:54 AM
Tech Master

Umm, Mr. Rolleyes at the end of my response to your duck reference?:

You really missed the mark on that one... duck quacks ain't the first wives tale that scientists have explored and won't be the last (regardless of KIA kid's dynamic in the mix).

The DaVinci remark was simply meant to incite the thought of how ridiculous theory in context of a time period grows to become just the opposite as time passes.

Don't give me so much credit, you will know when I am fighting and I would NEVER do it to someone like you.

I am sorry if I offended.
Old 01-02-2009, 04:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
That with all your opinionated threads about automobiles, that you haven't a clue about since you don't drive, I figured that since you're now bragging about computer experience tagging along with your dad to work that chances are you don't know anything about them either.

That with your current all-knowing attitude your chances of actually "gettin' some" won't come about until into your 20s at the earliest.
Over here in aus there is an add going round that by the time a kid is 12 they can learn more than their parent learned in their entire life

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
anything other than a microsoft (or an iPod. They're crap too. I speak from experience!)
I put my ipod through the wash twice and is is still kickin out music
Old 01-02-2009, 05:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

creative zen FTW. propriety software FTF!
Old 01-02-2009, 06:45 AM
Suspended

You assume said "kid" has enough common sense to discern truth from fiction on the internet... you know, because said "kid" had to google duck quack BS to begin with.
+1

Originally Posted by Drifting101 View Post
Over here in aus there is an add going round that by the time a kid is 12 they can learn more than their parent learned in their entire life
True, but we're still talking about a kid that in one thread is bragging about how smart he is while in this one whining about not being able to get his new ipod to work.

That in reality since there was a story about the same deal all over the new yesterday, and it was only a sporadic issue, that chances are his own problem was most likely made up just so he could bitch about something like most of his other threads he starts in the Chat Room. Ya know, Phantom Threads with made up questions not based on fact, like supposedly wanting to import a Holden UTE, but in the pursuit of just stirring the pot so he has someone to talk to about something.

Last edited by WFO7640; 01-02-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

True, but we're still talking about a kid that in one thread is bragging about how smart he is while in this one whining about not being able to get his new ipod to work.
this guy is just here to argue. He didn't even notice that its a Microsoft ZUNE that's gone wrong, not an Apple iPod.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:14 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
this guy is just here to argue. He didn't even notice that its a Microsoft ZUNE that's gone wrong, not an Apple iPod.
Apple, Microsoft. are you now not arguing about semantics?

All I was saying is that in reality since there was a story about the same deal all over the news yesterday, and it was only a sporadic issue (and my guess was fixed), that chances are his own problem was most likely made up just so he could bitch about something like most of his other threads he starts in the Chat Room.
Ya know, Phantom Threads with made up questions not based on fact, like supposedly wanting to import a Holden UTE, but in the pursuit of just stirring the pot so he has someone to talk to about something.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Apple, Microsoft. are you now not arguing about semantics?

All I was saying is that in reality since there was a story about the same deal all over the news yesterday, and it was only a sporadic issue (and my guess was fixed), that chances are his own problem was most likely made up just so he could bitch about something like most of his other threads he starts in the Chat Room.
Ya know, Phantom Threads with made up questions not based on fact, like supposedly wanting to import a Holden UTE, but in the pursuit of just stirring the pot so he has someone to talk to about something.
Do you hear that? It's turned from the Darth Vader's march to the Benny Hill theme!

Yes, He's changing his tune!
Old 01-02-2009, 10:48 AM
Suspended

people change their tunes all the time, but you can't stop being a 'tard

Old 01-02-2009, 11:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Somewhat irrelevant, but my old Ipod Shuffle still works reliably.

Yep, this guy:

http://www.chaffey.edu/dps/Images/Te...od_shuffle.jpg

the crappiest Ipod ever made, is more reliable than the zunes!

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service