Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Microsoft strikes again! >

Microsoft strikes again!

Microsoft strikes again!

Old 01-01-2009, 07:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
That with all your opinionated threads about automobiles, that you haven't a clue about since you don't drive, I figured that since you're now bragging about computer experience tagging along with your dad to work that chances are you don't know anything about them either.

That with your current all-knowing attitude your chances of actually "gettin' some" won't come about until into your 20s at the earliest.
ok speak for yourself buddy. maybe you didnt know jack shit at 14/17, but that dosent mean we dont. and if you didnt "get some" until you were in your 20s(which if thats the case, not only is that pathetic, but now i see why), that dosent mean we wont/have.

just because you were a know-it-all nerd who never had any real life as a teen dosent mean everybody is.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
ok speak for yourself buddy. maybe you didnt know jack shit at 14/17, but that dosent mean we dont. and if you didnt "get some" until you were in your 20s(which if thats the case, not only is that pathetic, but now i see why), that dosent mean we wont/have.

just because you were a know-it-all nerd who never had any real life as a teen dosent mean everybody is.
How about checking back in 1) when you get a drivers license, 2) when you own and upkeep a real car, 3) graduate highschool and college, 4) when you have a real paying job, 5) when you've fathered children.
Otherwise your ranting is a bunch of teenage BS
Old 01-01-2009, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

How about checking back in 1) when you get a drivers license, 2) when you own and upkeep a real car, 3) graduate highschool and college, 4) when you have a real paying job, 5) when you've fathered children.
oh kiss my ass you dickhead.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

There is a difference... Kids born 1990 onward, have access to something called the "Internet". We have instant access to information, and can learn what ever we want. Kids before that had to go to the library and read books, and knowledge was through word of mouth. In the 70's if a kid told a kid that a duck's quack doesn't echo, he would have believed him. Now, the kid goes home and searches Google to separate the truth from BS.

So when you were 14, you might have barely known how to wipe your ass... but I have access to this...
http://kyo.fobby.net/butt.html

Internet FTW!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:48 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

good grief, i shutter to think that all our new building automation and environmental controls are now being written microsoft-based w/javascript over the tried and true proprietary DOS-based stuff we have had for last 20yrs or so. can already see the cracks, not to mention tellin some1 'no more software to keep buyin'. already had 4 update packages that customers have had to swallow. oh yeh, and its all written around server 2003, whoops.

when will it end. when will bill gates feel the shock of the lightning? and i dont mean from lord british.

R
Old 01-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
There is a difference... Kids born 1990 onward, have access to something called the "Internet". We have instant access to information, and can learn what ever we want. Kids before that had to go to the library and read books, and knowledge was through word of mouth. In the 70's if a kid told a kid that a duck's quack doesn't echo, he would have believed him. Now, the kid goes home and searches Google to separate the truth from BS.

So when you were 14, you might have barely known how to wipe your ass... but I have access to this...
http://kyo.fobby.net/butt.html

Internet FTW!
argue with that bitch!!
Old 01-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a job and own two cars. And really what does age have to do with anything? Your just being a jerk,really , so just leave your just making a bigger ass out of yourself
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Is it just me, or does this guy remind me of a previous character...

Ipod FTW!
Old 01-01-2009, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Cowons! They can play flac and oggs.

They are also made and designed in South Korea versus outsourcing to another so higher quality standards.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
Cowons! They can play flac and oggs.

They are also made and designed in South Korea versus outsourcing to another so higher quality standards.
Am I blind?

Audio Support

Windows Media® Audio Standard[3] (WMA) (.wma): Up to 320 Kbps; constant bit rate (CBR) and variable bit rate (VBR) up to 48-kHz sample rate. WMA Pro 2-channel up to 384 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

WMA Lossless

Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov) - .m4a and .m4b files without FairPlay DRM up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

MP3 (.mp3) – Up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

Picture Support

JPEG – (.jpg)

Video Support

Windows Media Video (WMV) (.wmv) – Main and Simple Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 3.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD WMV files at device sync

MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) (.mp4) Part 2 video[4] – Simple Profile up to 2.5 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD MPEG-4 files at device sync

H.264 video[4] – Baseline Profile up to 2.5 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD H.264 files at device sync

DVR-MS[5] – Zune software will transcode at time of sync

Straight from the Zune site...
http://www.zune.net/en-us/mp3players/zune4/specs.htm
Old 01-01-2009, 10:47 PM
Tech Elite

Am I blind?

Audio Support

Windows Media® Audio Standard[3] (WMA) (.wma): Up to 320 Kbps; constant bit rate (CBR) and variable bit rate (VBR) up to 48-kHz sample rate. WMA Pro 2-channel up to 384 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

WMA Lossless

Advanced Audio Coding (AAC) (.mp4, .m4a, .m4b, .mov) - .m4a and .m4b files without FairPlay DRM up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

MP3 (.mp3) – Up to 320 Kbps; CBR and VBR up to 48-kHz

Picture Support

JPEG – (.jpg)

Video Support

Windows Media Video (WMV) (.wmv) – Main and Simple Profile, CBR or VBR, up to 3.0 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD WMV files at device sync

MPEG-4 (MP4/M4V) (.mp4) Part 2 video[4] – Simple Profile up to 2.5 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD MPEG-4 files at device sync

H.264 video[4] – Baseline Profile up to 2.5 Mbps peak video bit rate; 720 pixels x 480 pixels up to 30 frames per second (or 720 pixels x 576 pixels up to 25 frames per second). Zune software will transcode HD H.264 files at device sync

DVR-MS[5] – Zune software will transcode at time of sync

Straight from the Zune site...
http://www.zune.net/en-us/mp3players/zune4/specs.htm
nope those are the specs. its just like, if not better than, the ipod
Old 01-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Tech Master

There is a difference... Kids born 1990 onward, have access to something called the "Internet". We have instant access to information, and can learn what ever we want.
However did great minds prosper before 1990?

The sheer scale of the information available digitally brings into question the accountability/accuracy of everything to be read. The medium of which is chosen to gain knowledge is subjective... only as good as the user.

Kids before that had to go to the library and read books, and knowledge was through word of mouth.
Wow, I am glad I got to read this snippet on history. Weird how alot of those dirty old books are still the main staple of what is regurgitated from analog to digital.

I am unclear on something, have the higher education institutions decided to base their entire learning process on digital mediums because the pre 1990 learning process has been rendered antiquated?

In the 70's if a kid told a kid that a duck's quack doesn't echo, he would have believed him. Now, the kid goes home and searches Google to separate the truth from BS.
You assume said "kid" has enough common sense to discern truth from fiction on the internet... you know, because said "kid" had to google duck quack BS to begin with.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
nope those are the specs. its just like, if not better than, the ipod
Does the Zune need proprietary software, like the iPod? Many people don't understand that when the music is sent through iTunes to the iPod, it encodes it into a .m4p. So in reality the iPod isn't an MP3 player, but really iTunes is. Can you go right into the Zune and add files or do you do it through the Zune software?
Old 01-01-2009, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Does the Zune need proprietary software, like the iPod? Many people don't understand that when the music is sent through iTunes to the iPod, it encodes it into a .m4p. So in reality the iPod isn't an MP3 player, but really iTunes is. Can you go right into the Zune and add files or do you do it through the Zune software?
zune software, but im sure there is a way to make it plug and play.

besides, all the zune software does isex:adding video file to zune)

find vid file.
put into folder that software exracts files from
plug in zune
sync

all it is is plug and play through zune software instead of explorer.exe

(as if any of this makes any sense)
Old 01-01-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by downtempo View Post
However did great minds prosper before 1990?

The sheer scale of the information available digitally brings into question the accountability/accuracy of everything to be read. The medium of which is chosen to gain knowledge is subjective... only as good as the user.
That is where author information comes in. Normally the author leaves a snippet about them, or section dedicated to who they are, etc. Same thing like in books. Weather they are legitimate is something else. There are plenty of books written by "Anonymous". Plenty of books are written by fake people. So therefore, how can we be sure that all books are legit? Same thing with the Internet... some is written by legit people, some is not.

Wow, I am glad I got to read this snippet on history. Weird how alot of those dirty old books are still the main staple of what is regurgitated from analog to digital.
I admit that sentence came out wrong, so you have open season on that one.

But what I meant, was knowledge could only be validated through books. Now if I want to know if my teacher is right about something, I can check the Internet, or books.

I am unclear on something, have the higher education institutions decided to base their entire learning process on digital mediums because the pre 1990 learning process has been rendered antiquated?
They should, because plenty of times my teachers at school will teach us something, and I will find something on the Internet that contradicts it, and they say that the Internet is right.
You assume said "kid" has enough common sense to discern truth from fiction on the internet... you know, because said "kid" had to google duck quack BS to begin with.
It was clearly a good enough wife's tale, for some English scientists to test it.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service