Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Microsoft strikes again! >

Microsoft strikes again!

Microsoft strikes again!

Reply

Old 01-01-2009, 02:45 PM
  #16  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
porkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Niles,Michigan
Posts: 1,007
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Microsoft is not cut out to make software. The 360 is a POS all of them.
porkey is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:39 PM
  #17  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
yup.

i know my history, and i know that joe is right. microsoft just stole someone elses idea and made it their own.

and i would have nothing but Mac if the iPhone was under $600 unlocked and an iMac was under a grand.

what could you know, you're not even old enough to drive
WFO7640 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 03:51 PM
  #18  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
MoparRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rollin on 35s, NJ
Posts: 4,262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by WFO7640 View Post
what could you know, you're not even old enough to drive
first of all, what the hell does driving have to do with anything.

second, why the hell do you keep putting at the end of everything you say. like you want everybody to "laugh at the little teenager that cant possibly know anything". well guess what buddy, you are the only one laughing. and i know exactly what your response is going to be. something relating to "your only 14, what could you know" or " your to yound to know what us adults are talking about". so go ahead. tell me something i dont know about myself.
MoparRules is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 04:20 PM
  #19  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
joe of loath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Us teenagers laugh at adults all the time for not knowing anything. And I often laugh at people in the street (quietly) for being incredibly stupid.

Make his day, tell him something he doesn't know!
joe of loath is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:07 PM
  #20  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
GundamWZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Ft. Bliss, Texas
Posts: 4,718
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
I likes my open source...
I would like Linux too....if I can figure out how to use it efficiently. I seen many friends use Linux and I think its bad ass....but I'm yet to ween myself off the Microsoft bottle.......
GundamWZero is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:20 PM
  #21  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
magilla66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

wtf???? ok i did like like they said.. waited. just tried to charge my zune with both usb or sync dock. it charges then the same damn thing. it froze. and.... my com doesnt even recognize it.. anyone else have this?
magilla66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:27 PM
  #22  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
MoparRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rollin on 35s, NJ
Posts: 4,262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by magilla66 View Post
wtf???? ok i did like like they said.. waited. just tried to charge my zune with both usb or sync dock. it charges then the same damn thing. it froze. and.... my com doesnt even recognize it.. anyone else have this?
what size is it? 30GB?
MoparRules is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:28 PM
  #23  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
MoparRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rollin on 35s, NJ
Posts: 4,262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
Us teenagers laugh at adults all the time for not knowing anything. And I often laugh at people in the street (quietly) for being incredibly stupid.

Make his day, tell him something he doesn't know!
seriously. half the time we know more than you!
MoparRules is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:32 PM
  #24  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
RCSteve93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,601
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
I would like Linux too....if I can figure out how to use it efficiently. I seen many friends use Linux and I think its bad ass....but I'm yet to ween myself off the Microsoft bottle.......
Either way your best bet if your new to computers, is read a book. But since 90% of the world knows how to, using a GUI is not an issue. If you have basic Windows knowledge, I would still recommend a book for Linux. Reason being, is that Linux throughout its many years, has become more GUI oriented, but the GUI only does 25% of the work in Linux. Your going to have to know how to use a shell with Linux. I was first introduced to Linux at 8 years old, and have used it 95% of my time on the computer since 13. I am about half through a 600 page Linux Security Book, and I have learned more than Wikipedia and Linux Forums have thought me in 2 years about Linux. Nothing is better than a good Linux book.

I am no way saying books are necessary to get started, because I learned alot of the basic shell function from Wikipedia and Linux Forums. Installation and configuration can all be learned from Google searches. But if you want to learn higher level Linux operating... books are the way to go.

Rule of thumb... nothing older than 4 years old though.
RCSteve93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 05:35 PM
  #25  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
RCSteve93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,601
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
seriously. half the time we know more than you!
The only reason I like the Internet is being able to contribute and learn. Learning is learning. If it is factual information, it doesn't matter if it is from a 14 year old or a 44 year old.
RCSteve93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:12 PM
  #26  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
magilla66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
what size is it? 30GB?
yup its the 30gb
magilla66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:21 PM
  #27  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
MoparRules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Rollin on 35s, NJ
Posts: 4,262
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by magilla66 View Post
yup its the 30gb
assuming you have all your music in your collection on your PC, hold the back button, left, and center. it that dont work, try back, right, and center. if not, let die and then try to reboot. if not, email mickeysoft.
MoparRules is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:35 PM
  #28  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (13)
 
magilla66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 263
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
assuming you have all your music in your collection on your PC, hold the back button, left, and center. it that dont work, try back, right, and center. if not, let die and then try to reboot. if not, email mickeysoft.
i was thinking more along the lines of a hammer smack or tree ornament for next year.
magilla66 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:16 PM
  #29  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
Us teenagers laugh at adults all the time for not knowing anything. And I often laugh at people in the street (quietly) for being incredibly stupid.

Make his day, tell him something he doesn't know!
And sometime in your 20s you'll come to the realization that you didn't know squat when you were 17, and barely knew how to whipe your butt at 14.
Until then you won't have a clue that the joke's been on you the whole time.
WFO7640 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 07:19 PM
  #30  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 728
Default

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
first of all, what the hell does driving have to do with anything.

second, why the hell do you keep putting at the end of everything you say. like you want everybody to "laugh at the little teenager that cant possibly know anything". well guess what buddy, you are the only one laughing. and i know exactly what your response is going to be. something relating to "your only 14, what could you know" or " your to yound to know what us adults are talking about". so go ahead. tell me something i dont know about myself.
That with all your opinionated threads about automobiles, that you haven't a clue about since you don't drive, I figured that since you're now bragging about computer experience tagging along with your dad to work that chances are you don't know anything about them either.

That with your current all-knowing attitude your chances of actually "gettin' some" won't come about until into your 20s at the earliest.
WFO7640 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service