Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
i am boycotting everything accept the bare esentials >

i am boycotting everything accept the bare esentials

i am boycotting everything accept the bare esentials

Old 12-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default i am boycotting everything accept the bare esentials

because the fuel prices have gone down and stayed down but all the product has stayed where it was after the fuel prices went up

just gonna get the basics food gas and toilet paper am tired of a economy and greedy bastards that can and have taken advantage of the people of this country and it seems as if most everyone is brainwashed and dont wanna stand up for their rights as consumers so i say the basics are all i am going to get till things start getting set right
Old 12-26-2008, 11:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

+ giggity!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Yeah, cause NOBODY wants Entertainment, RC Cars, Video Games, etc... Let's all Stifle the Economy Further, that way, NOBODY gets Entertainment, RC Cars, Video Games, etc... Yeah, we wouldn't want that entertainment market around, with all them pesky actors, software engineers, RC Car developers, and such.... F them! Let's put'em all outta work!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey! RC Car equipment IS part of the essentials.. Duuhhh....
Old 12-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Cause and effect, Goodtunes.

When gas prices get so high that it effects the transportation of goods, companies start to make necessary adjustments; running fewer rigs, slower delivery schedules, etc.....that, in turn, effects everything from small grocery stores to Wal Mart.

Personally I think that jacking the fuel prices so high was an experiment performed by groups richer than Bill Gates....... just to see what happens if something cause one insignificant infrastructure to collapse.......
Old 12-26-2008, 04:00 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I know what he is saying. Its not funny when you consider that the cost of every thing went up and now there are some laughing all the way to the bank.
I guess there price wont fluctuate like fuel. This is a fine example of how inflation kills the consumer if you ask me.
But what can ya do? There is no getting even.

Now if we get hit with high gas prices again it will have to go over 4.00 a gal. before the cost of candy goes up right?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Gas is cheap by me...

One person isn't going to make a differance. You'd need a whole lot more to make an impact so those idiots at the top can see that we aren't taking it anymore.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

My dad works at a manufacturing company writing software, so I have some insight on this subject...

Many companies have long wait times on products... i.e your X-Box you bought yesterday was made from material that was received by the factory in June, and made into an X-Box in November. So if you were to constantly stock material, there would be a huge lag in your system. So material that hit a spike in price in August, and it takes you 2 months to get to that stock, you would be feeling the effects in October from that spike. That is why the recession didn't officially hit and get big until November.

This is the biggest fear of many manufacturing companies, because of there massive stock, and the soar in materials prices.

Gas prices and manufactured goods are not proportional. The spike in materials prices would be felt around this time for most factories, and the drop in materials prices would be felt in March.

Like I said, there is a huge lag.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goodtunes1978 View Post
because the fuel prices have gone down and stayed down but all the product has stayed where it was after the fuel prices went up

just gonna get the basics food gas and toilet paper am tired of a economy and greedy bastards that can and have taken advantage of the people of this country and it seems as if most everyone is brainwashed and dont wanna stand up for their rights as consumers so i say the basics are all i am going to get till things start getting set right
Don't buy your Internet subscription... that is not essential.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What about the companies that raised there prices for deliveries and such.?

I work for a company that raised there price and called it a fuel sure charge. Fuel hit 1.50 and they started there fuel charge it was .50.
When gas hit 4.00 it was up to 5.75. Now its down to 1.40 and there fuel sure charge is 4.50. Approximately 4.25 more than when it was 1.50 previously.

So the fact is companies are gigging us and not just one or two companies. The ones that just added it to there cost will not bring it down but only if to be used as a sale price. Some like the co. I work for can end it any time just by abolishing it but there making to much money on it so why not just stick it to them its the American way.

Some are ripping us off and doing it legally. Not that its illegal but its not ethical.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Cause and effect, Goodtunes.

When gas prices get so high that it effects the transportation of goods, companies start to make necessary adjustments; running fewer rigs, slower delivery schedules, etc.....that, in turn, effects everything from small grocery stores to Wal Mart.

Personally I think that jacking the fuel prices so high was an experiment performed by groups richer than Bill Gates....... just to see what happens if something cause one insignificant infrastructure to collapse.......
yes sir it is but they done it from day 1 and they have not backed off they are gouging and we the people are blind

Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
I know what he is saying. Its not funny when you consider that the cost of every thing went up and now there are some laughing all the way to the bank.
I guess there price wont fluctuate like fuel. This is a fine example of how inflation kills the consumer if you ask me.
But what can ya do? There is no getting even.

Now if we get hit with high gas prices again it will have to go over 4.00 a gal. before the cost of candy goes up right?
thank you i want some candy

Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
Don't buy your Internet subscription... that is not essential.
what would you do without me then bwahahahahhaha

Originally Posted by UN4RACING View Post
What about the companies that raised there prices for deliveries and such.?

I work for a company that raised there price and called it a fuel sure charge. Fuel hit 1.50 and they started there fuel charge it was .50.
When gas hit 4.00 it was up to 5.75. Now its down to 1.40 and there fuel sure charge is 4.50. Approximately 4.25 more than when it was 1.50 previously.

So the fact is companies are gigging us and not just one or two companies. The ones that just added it to there cost will not bring it down but only if to be used as a sale price. Some like the co. I work for can end it any time just by abolishing it but there making to much money on it so why not just stick it to them its the American way.

Some are ripping us off and doing it legally. Not that its illegal but its not ethical.
yes thats what i am saying swift trans is still charging an out of sight fuel surcharge almost .40 c a mile fuel is 2.20 a gallon at pilot swift gets 25 cents off of that for bulk so thats 1.95 a gallon well take the trucks get between 5 and 10 miles agallon depending on the load and how its being hauled so say average 7.5 miles a gallon thats roughly 3 dollars a gallon 1.05 more a gallon pure profit and i could do 1000 miles a day thats 1050 dollars profit a day in fuel surecharge that is getting passed down to the consumer i left the company and took my truck because of this btw so its no laughing matter when in my case when people are getting ripped like this especially7 when several of the companies can do it and get away with it but when i am a stand alone owner operator no company over my shoulder i cant get away with it i would love an extra 1000 bones in the back pocket at the end of the day but its just not feasible imo because it is not right for everyone there are 8 companies still charging a .40 cent per mile surecharge that i know of right now swift, werner, schneider, jb hunt, melton, usa trucking, cti, sais, and yellow personally i think they should be ashamed of themselves because when this gets out it is going to look really bad on the transportation industry

when i am running freight i charge for fuel but it is actual and actual only thats it no sure charge or anything they are paying for the fuel actual cost rental of me and my tractor and thats it thats the way it used to be but the big companies dont give2 shits and are all looking at the black writing in their books and laughing all the way to the bank and thats the bottom line
Old 12-26-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Hey buddy my whole family drives for swift including me. Its a fair ball game out there. There is not gouging going on and I stand behind swift.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

cmon goodtunes! lets hold a bunch of congressmen hostage and force the economy to get better or we kill...

then we go hide in mexico.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
cmon goodtunes! lets hold a bunch of congressmen hostage and force the economy to get better or we kill...

then we go hide in mexico.
Sounds like a plan.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

sorry buddy i dont any more i used to but something has happened with the company hopefully it gets better now that jerry has bought it back the others ran it into the ground but until things get put right with payroll and dac i will continue to denounce swift its unfortunate that jerry even let the company go but one of these days he will get it back in order jerry is a very good person was my neighbor for a long time before i moved to oklahoma but i will continue to be a stand alone owner op nothin will change that and if you see michael allen in flatbed division in phoenix you can tell him i said he is a dousche and he will always be a dousche bag liar

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.