the GTR thread >

the GTR thread

the GTR thread

Old 12-12-2008, 02:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Default the GTR thread

as the title says
GTR lovers and owners.. discuss these awesome japanese machines here

and eh please.. no GTR haters. we dont care, nor do we wana hear it!
Old 12-12-2008, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Uh, does building a 240 with a RB25 count?
Old 12-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Nissan eliminating Launch Control on GTRs
"...Nissan GT-R and its soon-to-be-discontinued launch control feature: A bunch of people bought GT-Rs and fried their transmissions using launch control. Said customers then hit Nissan with warranty claims, at which point Nissan took its toy and went home..."

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...s&emc=wheelsa1

Old 12-12-2008, 08:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

dude my next door neighbor has one i passed out when i saw it, that thing is beautiful.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:20 PM
Tech Elite

When I get rich, I'll get one.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
Nissan eliminating Launch Control on GTRs
"...Nissan GT-R and its soon-to-be-discontinued launch control feature: A bunch of people bought GT-Rs and fried their transmissions using launch control. Said customers then hit Nissan with warranty claims, at which point Nissan took its toy and went home..."

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/2008...s&emc=wheelsa1

Good read.

This is where natural selection comes into play: why the hell would you take a $90,000 car to the track and then cheat using the launch control?

1) the drag strip has a burn-out section.....it is there to warm the tires to maximum traction. You don't need launch control when you have plenty of traction.....just a fast reaction time.

2) GT-Rs are manual sequential drivetrains....not to mention that they are also 4wd....they don't know proper shifting techniques?

3) GT-Rs were never meant for the drag strips...they are road course killers!

I swear...some people are not meant to have that much money to do stupid crap like that. Nissan should not have to pay for stupidity.....I am quite certain that those GT-Rs were not beyond the break in period. I say let the buyer suffer, or send the spoiled brat of a child off to cut grass to fix the car.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post

but give any car, super car or muscle, to an american, and that puppys gonna see a dragstrip!
Old 12-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

That car is hot. I would buy it in electric cause it would be faster.
Old 12-12-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
but give any car, super car or muscle, to an american, and that puppys gonna see a dragstrip!
You are right about that.....I was wondering how many idiots brought a Ferrari to a drag strip, only to get owned by a 67 Nova?

Told ya....natural selection.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

You are right about that.....I was wondering how many idiots brought a Ferrari to a drag strip, only to get owned by a 67 Nova?

Told ya....natural selection.
LOL!

not starting another war, but its a fact. America is all about going straight and left at high speeds. everyone else is about turning and stuff at semi-high speeds. we build our cars for certain reasons and they build their cars for certain reasons.
Old 12-12-2008, 03:16 PM
Tech Elite

LOL!

not starting another war, but its a fact. America is all about going straight and left at high speeds. everyone else is about turning and stuff at semi-high speeds. we build our cars for certain reasons and they build their cars for certain reasons.
Hey I know my place in the automotive world, and it isn't a straight line!!! I am a fan of raw power, but I gots to have my ride handle turns....there are idiots out on the freeway who don't know how to drive!!!

Should have seen me wheeling my Armada down 54 today.....a major reason why I must lower the SUV and beef up the suspension......
Old 12-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Good read.

This is where natural selection comes into play: why the hell would you take a $90,000 car to the track and then cheat using the launch control?

1) the drag strip has a burn-out section.....it is there to warm the tires to maximum traction. You don't need launch control when you have plenty of traction.....just a fast reaction time.

2) GT-Rs are manual sequential drivetrains....not to mention that they are also 4wd....they don't know proper shifting techniques?

I swear...some people are not meant to have that much money to do stupid crap like that. Nissan should not have to pay for stupidity.....I am quite certain that those GT-Rs were not beyond the break in period. I say let the buyer suffer, or send the spoiled brat of a child off to cut grass to fix the car.
my thoughts exactly
Old 12-12-2008, 04:20 PM
Tech Champion

Good read.

You have something called launch control, and your NOT going to try it out?
Don't ya want to see how last years F1 cars felt like off the line?
Hey that's how they got their 0-60 times, turn the traction control off, it blows it up too.
Supercar with all kinds of bells and whistles, just don't use them more than once a month or so.
Really good lookin' car but only fast some times
Old 12-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Any car I own will

I like making corners though just as well
Old 12-12-2008, 10:48 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by C_O_jones View Post
You have something called launch control, and your NOT going to try it out?
Don't ya want to see how last years F1 cars felt like off the line?
Hey that's how they got their 0-60 times, turn the traction control off, it blows it up too.
Supercar with all kinds of bells and whistles, just don't use them more than once a month or so.
Really good lookin' car but only fast some times
If I had a GT-R, the last place I would use Launch Control is on a drag strip loaded with globs of traction......

Knowing my dumb ass, I would tape a 100 bill on the dash and challenge someone to try to grab it while I use traction control. They manage to get it under acceleration, then its theirs.... that is when I probally find myself wrapped around a tree......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.