Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
What is your "real" car? >

What is your "real" car?

What is your "real" car?

Old 10-12-2003, 10:29 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default What is your "real" car?

I've been an RC fanatic for the last 9 years, but as much as I seem addicted to RC cars, 1:1 scale is what I really love This is the thread to show off pics of your real ride, and let us know what you have.

I have an '02 Honda S2000, Berlina Black, 17" TSW Revo's, Yokohama AVS Sport 235/45 Front, 275/40 Rear, A'PEXi VAFC, Spoon N1 Exhaust, Strut Bar, & Radiator Cap, Comptech CAI w/ Custom Piping, Mastergrade CF Console, Rick's Clear Diffusers, JDM Side Markers, ZTEC Carbon Fiber Heatshield, Eibach Pro Springs, MCA Graphix Eyebrows

Just picked up an '04 Subaru WRX STi, white with gold wheels. Besides all of the stock stuff, I'm having a FMIC made for the car, and custom turbo-back 3" exhaust, that should all be installed in the next month or so, the car is only 3 days old now.
Old 10-12-2003, 10:54 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Randy how long have you had the 2000? The new WRX are pretty sweet.

I dont have a real car yet but i have two cars in mind.

yeah i agree with you rc is cool but real cars seem to be much much better.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:35 AM
Tech Prophet

I had the S2000 about a year now, bought it late last october. It will be up for sale before long though, going to just stick with the STi.
Old 10-13-2003, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

wow, you guys are lucky, im only 15, man i want a car so bad, been lookin at a 1.8T then puttin on, Spearco FMIC, Chrome charge pipe, straight pipe, down pipe, bigger wastegate, Greddy Type S BOV, Greddy Profec B, and some exhaust to go with straight pipe.

For exterior, i want it to be white, with 5 spoke gold, bronze rims whatever you call it, Carbon fiber lip, carbon fiber trunk door then i would lower the stance with KYB struts and skunk2 coilovers.

Thats all i can think of with out going into internals and stuff, LMK what you think!!

nate
Old 10-13-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randman, you are getting a custom fabricated FMIC? Who is doing the work? I have thought about fabricating a TMIC myself for my MY02 WRX...I've been told you can get IC cores dirt cheap... silicone tubing and a spool gun for mig welder wouldn't be too bad either. Im curious what your paying for it and what core you're using. I am still using the TD04 with an APS clubspec so a TMIC is the best way to go for me..plus I wanna keep my driving lamps. BTW, how do like that 6mt ya lucky bastid
Old 10-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Damn I'm jealoous. My ride is the same 95 Civic EX Coupe I've had for the last 99,000 miles. It was autocrossed, and has been maintained very well, but just isn't much of a race car, despite my clutch foot's efforts to the contrary

-dave
Old 10-13-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

I have a Baby Blue 95 Integra LS with CL headlights, Supra taillights, Intake, Headers, Exhaust, and that is about it. I'm not really liking it much myself. The bumper is cracked badly from being lowered.
Old 10-13-2003, 09:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Turbo9000
Randman, you are getting a custom fabricated FMIC? Who is doing the work? I have thought about fabricating a TMIC myself for my MY02 WRX...I've been told you can get IC cores dirt cheap... silicone tubing and a spool gun for mig welder wouldn't be too bad either. Im curious what your paying for it and what core you're using. I am still using the TD04 with an APS clubspec so a TMIC is the best way to go for me..plus I wanna keep my driving lamps. BTW, how do like that 6mt ya lucky bastid
SpeedForceRacing (.com) is doing the work for me, my friend Tim runs the shop, and does some badass work! Just finished building a 900hp Supra, that thing kicks ass We are going to use a Spearco intercooler, 28x12x3.5", so it's a HUGE intercooler, which means it's gonna need a bigger turbo as well We havent worked a firm price yet, but it is going to cost around $1500 installed, mostly for the price of the core and aluminum piping. I've gotten used to the 6 speed transmission, since my last 3 cars have come with it, I guess I'm spoiled.

Just bought a HKS intake for the car today, nice to be able to hear the turbo sucking the air, even hear the stock BOV with it (although I ordered a Super Sequential BOV to replace the stocker) Should go in the shop tomorrow for some mild work (turbo timer) This thing will be a kickass machine before long though!
Old 10-14-2003, 01:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Randman
SpeedForceRacing (.com) is doing the work for me, my friend Tim runs the shop, and does some badass work! Just finished building a 900hp Supra, that thing kicks ass We are going to use a Spearco intercooler, 28x12x3.5", so it's a HUGE intercooler, which means it's gonna need a bigger turbo as well We havent worked a firm price yet, but it is going to cost around $1500 installed, mostly for the price of the core and aluminum piping. I've gotten used to the 6 speed transmission, since my last 3 cars have come with it, I guess I'm spoiled.

Just bought a HKS intake for the car today, nice to be able to hear the turbo sucking the air, even hear the stock BOV with it (although I ordered a Super Sequential BOV to replace the stocker) Should go in the shop tomorrow for some mild work (turbo timer) This thing will be a kickass machine before long though!
Very cool, The HKS SSQV BOV is a good choice... its quite a bit sweeter than the stock diverter valve.

Im pretty much finished with my Impreza...all I need now is some good coil overs like JIC's or DMS 40's. Powerwise Im running a slightly modded APS club spec- CAI, 50/50 BOV, Unichip/boost ctrl, turboback straightpipe/no cats. I still have the clubspec boost map programmed so It runs a bit rich and occasionally boost spikes at 16.0 PSI (could actually be a wastegate actuator problem)

BTW, I'll take the STi TMIC off your hands for the right price if you end up selling it.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:01 PM
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

'87 Mazda RX7 TurboII

....with a few mods.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:27 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by Turbo9000
Very cool, The HKS SSQV BOV is a good choice... its quite a bit sweeter than the stock diverter valve.

Im pretty much finished with my Impreza...all I need now is some good coil overs like JIC's or DMS 40's. Powerwise Im running a slightly modded APS club spec- CAI, 50/50 BOV, Unichip/boost ctrl, turboback straightpipe/no cats. I still have the clubspec boost map programmed so It runs a bit rich and occasionally boost spikes at 16.0 PSI (could actually be a wastegate actuator problem)

BTW, I'll take the STi TMIC off your hands for the right price if you end up selling it.
The SSQV seems to be the best BOV out there from what a few people have told me. I'm going to use a perrin uppipe and downpipe, and HKS header and exhaust, should free things up a little bit eh? I'll let you know if I sell the STi TMIC, but I may end up keeping it incase I trade the car in.
Old 10-15-2003, 03:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

The SSQV seems to be the best BOV out there from what a few people have told me. I'm going to use a perrin uppipe and downpipe, and HKS header and exhaust, should free things up a little bit eh? I'll let you know if I sell the STi TMIC, but I may end up keeping it incase I trade the car in.
Yeah, I have a Perrin Uppipe and I am quite satisfied with it. I am not familiar with the Perrin downpipe...is it bellmouth or divorsed wastegate?
Old 10-15-2003, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Damn... What happened to hot rodding good old American V8's??? Have to find me a 70's camaro...

I have a 2003 Dakota Quad cab...
94 Isuzu Amigo (station car)...
79 F-150... 35" Mickeys, L&L ladder bars, superlift 6" lift kit... Centerforce clutch, Rancho RS9000's, 74 400m out of a lincoln... Bored 60 over, ported and polished, 11 to 1, .570 lift cam, full MSD ignition, MSD 6a box, MSD billet distributor, Holley 750 Double pumper, Edelbrok performer manifold... approx 500 Hp, will smoke all 4 35" wheels... If I get enough traction it'll pull the front wheels off the ground... Hence why I have the lader bars, ripped a rear completely out once...

Oh yea, 4 bikes... 2002 R1, 2000 VFR, 98 Ninja 250, 89 CB1...
Old 10-15-2003, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

What is it with the rice rockets what ever happend to caburated (or injected) v8's that could smoke those little 4's even the v6's that could smoke them even in stock form *cough* Mustang *cough* and those shit mufflers on the rice rockets FART CANNONS not to mention those big ass 20's on POS civics with the tiny rough ride tires don't even get me started on the useless aluminum wings don't forget how ugly honda and toyotas are (with the exeption of the S2000) oh my god I HATE LOWERED CARS any of them it looks like hell........

I have an 87' Limited Edition Grand Prix w/ a t-top and originally 305 but rebuilt to 350 Carburated V8 (250 Horse at the wheels)no mods at all needs a ton of work so if you find parts for it (which I can't do) lemme know via PM Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
gple2.jpg (26.0 KB, 112 views)
Old 10-15-2003, 08:32 PM
Dan
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Hmm...I've heard a few bad things about the SSQV and people experiencing boost surge. But then again, some people have said they have no problems with theirs.

I have a Turbo XS RFL BOV on mines but the quality isn't great, plus its loud and doesn't even sound good. Replacing it with an A'pexi or Tial BOV. Better venting and much more quiet. (Sleeper)

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service