Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
fully working 1/10 RB26DETT >

fully working 1/10 RB26DETT

fully working 1/10 RB26DETT

Old 12-05-2008, 10:54 AM
Team Tekin

It's a '00 LS, B18B. No mods to the internals or block, stock B18B can handle 300whp and I'm probably only gonna be around 240-260ish once I put this new turbo in and tune it once and for all.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
It's a '00 LS, B18B. No mods to the internals or block, stock B18B can handle 300whp and I'm probably only gonna be around 240-260ish once I put this new turbo in and tune it once and for all.

How are you controlling fuel mixture and ignition timing?
Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Addict

you using hondata? i want build a boosted b20 integra...maybe a nice k20
Old 12-05-2008, 11:10 AM
Team Tekin

Basemapped a '98 GSR ECU with CROME and did a light tune so I could drive it, 440cc injectors by RC Engineering with OBD1 clips and the ECU has been socketed to accept the Moates Ostrich 2.0 so I can tune it on the fly from my laptop. Ignition is all stock still, probably won't change any of that.
Old 12-05-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

I'm getting tempted to buy another Honda to work on.....

I wish I never sold mine....
Old 12-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Team Tekin

They're fun, I have a great time adding on to mine and working on it!

But back to the origin of the post, I want to see this 1/10 twin turbo RB26DETT! Just having a little turbo that small would be cool as hell!
Old 12-05-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Adept

[QUOTE=4u2nv;5124013]
Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
Or $12k and a big block.. Blows my mind the ricer guys drop $20k into a 4 banger to make 500-600 horsepower, where you could build a small block, get 500-600 ponies for like $4-$5k.. I think its funny. Just cant wait for the fad to be over. All this carbon fiber, wings, body kits, 4 cyliners and other lame shit just makes me cringe.
speak it brother. I have kids at my middle school telling me that their brother's civic could beat my 79' camaro with a built 350 small block any day. wow. i hate ricers
Old 12-05-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=maycam10;5132072]
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post

speak it brother. I have kids at my middle school telling me that their brother's civic could beat my 79' camaro with a built 350 small block any day. wow. i hate ricers

Most of the fun is finding out

I know a lot of my friends in with late 60's camoro are upgrading to EFI and that also costs a pretty penny...
Old 12-05-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Elite

[quote=maycam10;5132072]
Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post

it could, if it were the ugly contest...
Old 12-07-2008, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If I spell anything wrong its because I have a headache, sorry.

Are people really still aguing about what is better domestic or import?

I'm not going to start another flame war so do't try it with me.

Insted of arguing, try subjecting it with cold hard facts.

Fact: A big block V8 will produce predictable torque and horsepower, witch can be better for drag racing or other motorsports as well.

Fact: V8's can not produce power in high RPM ranges like an inline 4 or 6 cylender can relieablely. Witch makes them NOT good for autox or road corse racing

Fact: A non EFI V8 laks tuning abilities, there for can not be fine tuned to differnt weather conditions ect. as any EFI can on a stand alone EMS.

Fact: RB25det, and the RB26dett are very relieable engines and can produce mass amounts of power and torque dew to being an inline engine. thus making it very suitable to any sort of motorsport out there. Along with the 2JZGTE, both very good motors made by japanise automakers. They can rev very high for long periods of time, and be drivin daily to work ect.

IMO, I wouldnt even try driving a built V8 to work and to the grocery store, face it there not the relieable.
V8=tree stump puller,
Inline engine=high reving high hp motor that can take the torque to the crank more efintiontly.

Now dont get me wrong, I would kill to have a plum crazy purple 70's challenger with a 440........I'm drooling right now. but it would be a show car that didnt get driving much because of the relieablety and price to drive issue. And dont think I'm some ricer punk because your wrong, I grew up around mucsle cars and big v8's, and I still love them. I'm just more of a Nissan person. Unless its a LSx motor I will not try to build it. Only because LSx motors can be tuned and they are a very light engine being all aluminum.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

I was talking to this kid on friday about his car, he said he bored out the stock engine (its a civic, body kit, underglow, gay-ass WRX wing, fart cannon, NOS stickers, etc), my response was - to what displacement? (I smelt BS streaming from his lips the moment he opened his mouth)

His response - "350"

There was no point in arguing with him, he was a lost cause. You could tell that his perents didn't love him.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
I was talking to this kid on friday about his car, he said he bored out the stock engine (its a civic, body kit, underglow, gay-ass WRX wing, fart cannon, NOS stickers, etc), my response was - to what displacement? (I smelt BS streaming from his lips the moment he opened his mouth)

His response - "350"

There was no point in arguing with him, he was a lost cause. You could tell that his perents didn't love him.

Yeah, he was trying to pull your leg lol. That is a ricer. Not all imports are, I think thats what most people misunderstand.
Old 12-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Tech Elite

lets see if i can end this little war here.

I have on thing to say.

POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO

The reason muscles cars have more power is because THERE HEAVY there close to 2 tons. Imports are lighter, like 1 ton thats why they have only 4 cylinders. They dont need a V8 to be fast
Old 12-07-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
lets see if i can end this little war here.

I have on thing to say.

POWER TO WEIGHT RATIO

The reason muscles cars have more power is because THERE HEAVY there close to 2 tons. Imports are lighter, like 1 ton thats why they have only 4 cylinders. They dont need a V8 to be fast
Super well said, IDK why I ditn come up with that reson as well.
Old 12-07-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shawn17 View Post
If I spell anything wrong its because I have a headache, sorry.

Are people really still aguing about what is better domestic or import?

I'm not going to start another flame war so do't try it with me.

Insted of arguing, try subjecting it with cold hard facts.

Fact: A big block V8 will produce predictable torque and horsepower, witch can be better for drag racing or other motorsports as well.

Fact: V8's can not produce power in high RPM ranges like an inline 4 or 6 cylender can relieablely. Witch makes them NOT good for autox or road corse racing

Fact: A non EFI V8 laks tuning abilities, there for can not be fine tuned to differnt weather conditions ect. as any EFI can on a stand alone EMS.

Fact: RB25det, and the RB26dett are very relieable engines and can produce mass amounts of power and torque dew to being an inline engine. thus making it very suitable to any sort of motorsport out there. Along with the 2JZGTE, both very good motors made by japanise automakers. They can rev very high for long periods of time, and be drivin daily to work ect.

IMO, I wouldnt even try driving a built V8 to work and to the grocery store, face it there not the relieable.
V8=tree stump puller,
Inline engine=high reving high hp motor that can take the torque to the crank more efintiontly.

Now dont get me wrong, I would kill to have a plum crazy purple 70's challenger with a 440........I'm drooling right now. but it would be a show car that didnt get driving much because of the relieablety and price to drive issue. And dont think I'm some ricer punk because your wrong, I grew up around mucsle cars and big v8's, and I still love them. I'm just more of a Nissan person. Unless its a LSx motor I will not try to build it. Only because LSx motors can be tuned and they are a very light engine being all aluminum.
i was gonna say something but..... i dont wanna start.

all im gonna say, they dont use inline 6's or 4 bangers in the fastest motorsports. and theres a reason.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.