Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
fully working 1/10 RB26DETT >

fully working 1/10 RB26DETT

fully working 1/10 RB26DETT

Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wingracer View Post
So what? Every car on the market comes with "aftermarket" shocks. Honda, GM and the rest just use shocks from Billstien or Monroe or whoever, even on the econo cars.

As for brakes, some make there own brake components, some use parts suppliers like Raybestos, and most will call up Brembo when they want the good stuff.

However it comes off the showroom floor is "stock." If it comes with Brembos, then Brembo is stock and anything else is "aftermarket."
There ya go
Old 10-31-2009, 02:17 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MoparRules View Post
Or $12k and a big block.. Blows my mind the ricer guys drop $20k into a 4 banger to make 500-600 horsepower, where you could build a small block, get 500-600 ponies for like $4-$5k.. I think its funny. Just cant wait for the fad to be over. All this carbon fiber, wings, body kits, 4 cyliners and other lame shit just makes me cringe.
Probably because those 4 bangers can make 500-600 hp and can still get decent gas mileage? And they're lighter? And they don't pollute nearly as bad? Don't get me wrong, I'd take an 8 cylinder torque monster any day over a 4 cylinder, hell, I drive a 400ci 67 Pontiac. But each motor has its advantages that cant be ignored. If the 4 cylinder car has 5-600 hp and is tastefully done without the wing, body kit, whacky paint/graphics and everything else associated with "ricers" It gets my respect. They can spend their money however they want.

It has been at least ten years since the modified import crowd started showing its face... Fortunately, the wings and body kits may have faded fast, but believe it or not, the tuner crowd is not a fad, its here to stay, especially given the fuel prices, and current environmental issues... tuning 4 bangers isn't going anywhere.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

True but I can also get a used C5 under 10,000 grand and still build more than 500 hp out of it for what you would pay on the Civic and even if I didn't, I would still beat you on any race track with corners. Plus, I'll be racing while you are replacing broken half shafts and blown diffs.

You need to change your name to "Honda Rules"

If you want to go the "money is no object" route, people have built street legal Vettes with well over 1100 hp without nitrous. Let's see a Civic do that.

Don't get me wrong, Honda makes some great cars. I'm just saying that if you ask any road racer or autocrosser they will tell you, Vettes are the best bang for the buck. Though I have seen some ass kicking Civics go through the cones too.
Problem solved
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Or this
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Now that's what I'm talking about
Old 10-31-2009, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

see now thats cool and all but it kills what the car is all about, the impreza is supposed to have the little opposing piston engine, and the is supposed to have the 4 banger. you tear the heart of the car out by doing that.

im a fan of the RX7 and i plan on owning one in the future, and when i see someone do an ls1 swap into them, it kills the car. the car is SUPPOSED to be a rotary. you disrupt its nearly perfect 50/50 weight ratio :P
Old 11-01-2009, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

I drive an impreza, stock, and with 200hp it is fun and gets good mileage for what it is. To me, what I like about it is simply the motor. Side fireing boxer motors have such a sweet grumble to them. Especially when you start hearing higher boosted catless ones. I have driven some fast imprezas as well. Such as the "viper killer" package installed in the STi. That is one fun ride, and remember you got AWD and with a decent suspension setup it handles like a champ. STis can also be done extremely cleanly, without a wing and stupid fugly body kit or rediculous pain and they look real good and will spank most of whats on the road realisticly and destroy in the corners.

Bottom line, to each their own. If I wanted a straight line car Id build a civic, supra, or a big old v8. In the corners, ill take my impreza. My buddy even drives a viper, good for nothing but a drag.
Old 11-01-2009, 06:36 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts View Post
im a fan of the RX7 and i plan on owning one in the future, and when i see someone do an ls1 swap into them, it kills the car. the car is SUPPOSED to be a rotary. you disrupt its nearly perfect 50/50 weight ratio :P
As soon as I get back to work, I need to find a 2nd gen turbo. The problem is that I need a bone stock one. That can be tough. Everyone seemed to like modding the crap out of them.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

As soon as I get back to work, I need to find a 2nd gen turbo. The problem is that I need a bone stock one. That can be tough. Everyone seemed to like modding the crap out of them.
FC's get molested the most often out of any other generation 7. Quite a shame really, i blame initial D.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:39 AM
Tech Master

well theyre super cheap compraed to FDs..im looking at getting an FC (before an FD) just to get my feet wet with really working mechanically on a car. i've seen a few in my area...but theyre all auto!!
Old 11-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

well theyre super cheap compraed to FDs..im looking at getting an FC (before an FD) just to get my feet wet with really working mechanically on a car. i've seen a few in my area...but theyre all auto!!