Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Stargate Atlantis >

Stargate Atlantis

Stargate Atlantis

Old 11-08-2008, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Stargate Atlantis

I know there are a few SciFi fans out there. Did anybody watch Stargate Atlantis last night?

In the opening segment of the show Shepherd and McKay are racing RC cars (Shepherd is a hack!) in an unoccupied part of Atlantis and nearly run over Tayla!

They were 1/10 touring cars, and Shepherd's had a Stratus body.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nope didn't watch it..... I trying to get all of SG1 first.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm glad somebody noticed! They looked like TC3s judging by the controllers, but I'm not sure. If only they'd flipped them over and showed us the bottom!
Old 11-09-2008, 08:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
Nope didn't watch it..... I trying to get all of SG1 first.
Dude, that's 10 seasons! You've got a lot of work to do, but it's worth it.

But you also have to get all of Farscape to understand why there was so much excitement about having Claudia Black and Ben Browder in seasons 9 and 10. And you'll get some of the inside jokes too.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Champion

having Claudia Black and Ben Browder in seasons 9 and 10. And you'll get some of the inside jokes too.
The Hollywood episode where that little bald producer was trying to come up with ideas. "Wormhole Extreme!" and then there was that episode where the actor that plays the voice of Homer Simpson played the Barber with the psychic link to O'Neil... priceless.

Yes, I'm a nerd.
Old 11-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Champion

"Wormhole Extreme" was the 100th episode of the series. The producers just wanted to do something over the top as a salute to the fans.

And of course they brought back "Marty" for "200," which of course is the 200th episode of the series. This is the episode where the producers tried to "jump the shark" and see if the fans would still stick around. This episode also marks the first time "Walter" gets to go through the gate, despite being on the show since the beginning.

The studio threw a big party for the 10th anniversary of SG1. SciFi.com had some cool video with the cast at the party. It was at this party the studio announced to the cast the show would be cancelled after the 10th season.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

They've also done a couple straight to video movies that weren't half bad. The first seemed like what would've been the 11th season, and after that, maybe the next couple.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LOL i was thinkin of posting something about this the other night but you beat me to it!
Old 11-10-2008, 01:30 AM
Tech Champion

I have to admit, I have never gotten the attraction. It seems boring and repetitive most of the time. Go through gate, meet humans who all speak English, fight "X" with guns, go back through gate. Next episode. I have kinda veered away from American sci-fi and into Dr. Who.

Farscape was great though!
Old 11-10-2008, 07:23 AM
Tech Champion

That's because you take it too seriously.

Dr. Who is a great series but it aims for the English audience. That's why it has a hard time here.

Technically, Farscape was Australlian.

And the best Sci Fi TV show was Babylon 5.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah, you have to take it with a "Campy Spoon" to watch it, kinda like Star Trek. Every once in a while, they nail it. Like that episode of S.T. TNG, when Picard got hit by that probe, and was knocked unconscious. In like 15 minutes, he lives an entire lifetime on the planet of the probe's origin, and plays that flute looking thing. My wife, who does NOT like ScFi, watched it with me, and loved it! That episode won an Emy or something...

So even though allot of it seems really convenient, just keep in mind it's not about aliens, it's about people.
Old 11-10-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Farscape was the best!

Stargate went downhill after such a badass pilot on Showtime, IMO. I was really expecting an "adult" sci-fi series based on that premiere episode .

Total Recall 2070 was promising, but evidentally I was one of only a few that thought so.

What we really need is a series based on Asimov's Foundation/Encylopedia Galactica series!
Old 11-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Tech Champion

Um, I don't think Showtime aired a pilot for Stargate SG-1.

You're not talking about the original movie, are you?

Most of Asimov's work would be difficult to translate to film or video. Look at the movie "I, Robot." A great movie, but a lot of Asimov's flavor was lost. I brought the DVD and it contained the transcript that was supposed to be a movie in the '70s. It would have made a good flick but it wouldn't have done well.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:34 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Um, I don't think Showtime aired a pilot for Stargate SG-1.
Here is a link to the pilot if you want buy it:

http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-SG-1-.../dp/B00004STCF

Notice under "Product Details" it states that it WAS a Showtime series before it went to the crapper. Nudity and everything!

I have been with this genre from the beginning.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:58 AM
Tech Champion

Ah, so THAT'S why they chose Amanda Tapping for Carter... Don't get me wrong, she isn't terrible... but she can't really "Act" either... [episode where she is tortured by the replicator "5th" and she's "pleading" to be left alone... pathetic, seen better acting by a 3 year old]

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.