Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Looking for one 8" sub for my truck JL? >

Looking for one 8" sub for my truck JL?

Looking for one 8" sub for my truck JL?

Old 10-22-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Looking for one 8" sub for my truck JL?

If you want to make other suggestions feel free. I currently have a pretty much blown Boss sub in my truck, I bought 4 of them used about 12 years ago and they have slowly died off, but outlasted about 4 trucks and now I have a ex cab chevy I have a box built that just holds one. I have a MTX RT 2200 amp 200 watts bridged. Im considering the 8W0 or the 8W3 not sure if the W3 is dual voice coil and if it is how would I wire it to my amp? IM only looking for SQ would I notice much of a difference in the two?
Old 10-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well there was your problem....Boss subs, in fact Boss ANYTHING sucks.

Keep in mind that the object is to replace your speakers, not your electronics. Like, you don't want to toss your lamp because it keeps blowing lightbulbs..... So stay at 200 watts, any higher and you'll spend money in replacing amplifiers. And oh...PLEASE DON"T CRANK THE GAIN ALL THE WAY UP!!!!! You will wear out the sub faster. There is a site that shows you the proper voltage for your amps and subs. When I find it, I'll post it. If you want more bass, or "kick", then you will need to upgrade both your Amps and Subs.

Anywho.....JBL Grand Touring GTO804, Kicker CompVR 07CVR82 or 07CVR84 are the cheapest (99 Bucks) I've seen that can push 200w efficiently. To run DVC, you have to cross the wires from one coil to another (meaning the positive will cross over to the negative and vice versa).

Oh by the way, if you are going for SQ, then you have a very, very long way to go. I'll help you get there, so keep me posted.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Adept

not 8" or jbl
but i got 2-12' kickers with a 1600 watt amp.still in good condition!
these two babis kick and they kick hard.you could hear me from a block away.not joking.
asking 350 obo.
Old 11-01-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

RF power stage 2 ... 15 inches

go go go make urself deaf !!!
Old 11-03-2008, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

http://reaudio.com/

if you can find an old adire audio brahma

90% of your sound is your enclosure

check out http://www.termpro.com

my old setup used to be 4 re xxx18s in a 18 cubic foot box with about 10000 watts rms aka 2 old school orion xtr 2400s that were modded by yours truly going to all 4 was a blowthrough with a truckputer and a ton of other stuff lol i am a davinci at building boxes and i always will be compared to most people that claim to be able to build enclosures ahhahahaha

this one was a phase variance ported enclosure i played with for a few years had 2 orion hcca 15s in the outters tuned to 30 hz and a sealed 18 in the center and if you know how ported sealed enclosures operate you would understand how this one worked ahhahahahahahah

Old 11-05-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

lol at your pose you look like a nazi

but in all seriousness.... nice boxes
Old 11-07-2008, 11:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

i am liking the 2 ported boxes with the 1 sealed.....pretty dam cool idea!