Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Post the worst r/c vehicle you have ever owned >

Post the worst r/c vehicle you have ever owned

Post the worst r/c vehicle you have ever owned

Old 11-14-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Heathkit Spectre, my first r/c car, and definitely the worst. Solid steel chassis, no suspension, crappy cork band brake rubbing the flywheel, weak-ass Veco .19 for power. Believe it or not, I had to use a 2 foot length of shoelace to start the thing. Bought at a garage sale for $20.

Look back around 40 years or so if you've never heard of it... yes, i am OLD.

or look HERE for some pics...
Old 11-16-2008, 12:46 PM
SLK
Tech Initiate

I have only had 3 hobby level r/c's in my life, 2 losi xxx-t's and a Emaxx, all 3 are just as bad as each. My emaxx because i spent wayyyy tooo much money into it (built it from the ground up, all UE supermaxx parts, and a hacker dual C50 brushless system) AND I constantly stripped gears and blew up diffs and CVD's. And my brushless xxx-t only because its demise was horrid, i was doing a highspeed run with my GPS, GPS recorded 72mph as its top speed, and then i hit a raised sewer head and the truck flipped over and over and ripped itself apart. the chassis was pretty much the only thing that kinda survived, only because it was a lexan chassis. I saved the electronics but ended up just throwing the truck away.

hopefully my new MBX5R has better luck.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default man...

hate to kick it when its down ,,, no wait no id like to kick it,,,lol its the chaos by far...
Old 11-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SLK View Post
I have only had 3 hobby level r/c's in my life, 2 losi xxx-t's and a Emaxx, all 3 are just as bad as each. My emaxx because i spent wayyyy tooo much money into it (built it from the ground up, all UE supermaxx parts, and a hacker dual C50 brushless system) AND I constantly stripped gears and blew up diffs and CVD's. And my brushless xxx-t only because its demise was horrid, i was doing a highspeed run with my GPS, GPS recorded 72mph as its top speed, and then i hit a raised sewer head and the truck flipped over and over and ripped itself apart. the chassis was pretty much the only thing that kinda survived, only because it was a lexan chassis. I saved the electronics but ended up just throwing the truck away.

hopefully my new MBX5R has better luck.
geez, you coulda shipped out the broke xxx-t to me. i owned a xxx-t rtr and uhmm ya my new one is better.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 11-18-2008, 01:42 AM
SLK
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by not home View Post
geez, you coulda shipped out the broke xxx-t to me. i owned a xxx-t rtr and uhmm ya my new one is better.
if you wanted a bunch of messed up and cracked and shattered graphite parts i would have been happy to send it to you.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:48 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Trips View Post
Heathkit Spectre, my first r/c car, and definitely the worst. Solid steel chassis, no suspension, crappy cork band brake rubbing the flywheel, weak-ass Veco .19 for power. Believe it or not, I had to use a 2 foot length of shoelace to start the thing. Bought at a garage sale for $20.

Look back around 40 years or so if you've never heard of it... yes, i am OLD.

or look HERE for some pics...
Bet ya wish ya still had it. Probably worth some bucks now!
Old 11-21-2008, 12:18 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Losi xxx-4- the early ones, nuf said!