Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
eBay Paypal funds hold...anybody dealt with this??? >

eBay Paypal funds hold...anybody dealt with this???

eBay Paypal funds hold...anybody dealt with this???

Old 10-13-2008, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

ebay sucks now did anyone hear about starting next week you can only buy/sell stuff if you use paypal??? thats bull shit ive got over 3000$ worth or stuff on there through mony orders and now this crap wow i need to find a new site does anybody agree that ebay is horrible????
Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sickjamminracer View Post
ebay sucks now did anyone hear about starting next week you can only buy/sell stuff if you use paypal??? thats bull shit ive got over 3000$ worth or stuff on there through mony orders and now this crap wow i need to find a new site does anybody agree that ebay is horrible????
I think we all agree.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:41 AM
Suspended

when eBay was privately owned it was awesome
when eBay was purchased by investors it took a dive IMO. the new regime was more interested in big sellers and stores than they were the little guy.
and when PayPal got bought out by eBay things were bound to change again

just chaulk it up to how things change, sometimes not for the better
Old 10-15-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

After 3 years of running a ebay store I called it quits in may when the feedback system changed.Now i wont even buy stuff from there.I had an ebay sales rep call me a while back about the "decrease" in my sales, and I explained to him that I had quit selling on ebay because after the feedback change took place i had to file more unpaid item claims in 2 weeks than i had had to file in 3 years prior.At one time I actually had more costs in sellers fees than I had funds in my paypal account to pay them with because of it.It just seemed like people didnt care what payment terms i had listed , they were going to pay for the item when they damn well felt like it.I had over 60 unpaid item disputes in that 2 week period.The clincher was when I sold a NIB pulsar3 charger that got returned to me blown up , with a paypal claim on the item. Paypal refunded the buyers cash, and left me hhung out to dry to the tune of over 200.00 by the time you count the cost of the charger,fees and the 130.00 that paypal refunded.I also told the sales rep that I had been contacted by the Steele law firm to be a co plaintiff in a class action law suit that was being pressed against ebay and paypal for breech of contract on my premeir business account that I had with paypal and I was co-operating fully with the law firm since the recent changes had directly affected my business that previously had averaged well over 50,000 a year. and also I had been advised by my lawyers not to do any business through paypal or ebay . the Sales rep was speechless as the conversation ended. Lets just say they knew they f*ck#d up. They opted to go to mediation to settle out of court. Right now as we speak the lawyers are haggling on damages for myself and the other 300+ co-plaintiffs.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by 2wdMod View Post
Right now as we speak the lawyers are haggling on damages for myself and the other 300+ co-plaintiffs.
so your share after everything's said and done will be, what, $27 and change?
Old 10-15-2008, 06:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Sorry to hear it. And not just because, at work, we were getting ready to start an ebay store or two as a side project as well. My boss wound up getting screwed by paypal/ebay by way of a totally separate situation and decided they "weren't trustworthy and lacked integrity". He didn't want to be a part of a marketplace where not only sellers, but buyers, were getting screwed on a regular basis.

It seems as if this is a part of the business model for paypal, because they are actually making money off of the disputes! Anyway our whole project got scrapped. Their "automated response" way of communicating is simply rediculous. When/if you do actually get to the point of communicating with a person, they know nothing whatsoever. So now the bosses "people" have been doing battle with paypal's merchant bank for over 4 months.

Ok, I gotta stop thinking about it....all that time and effort we wasted....
Old 10-15-2008, 09:18 PM
Tech Elite

Location: anywhere I can race 2wd dirt,and 1/12 onroad in MI.
Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mini_mac View Post
so your share after everything's said and done will be, what, $27 and change?
hey 25.00 is better than nothing!!!
Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Post PAYPAL FUNDS HELD - HOLDING 21 DAYS

Folks/People;
Would you all - those who read this, and who have posted - PLEASE take a few minutes of your time to write a real-paper-letter to Ebay AND PayPal, asking that they revise their "policy" to at least allow shipping of an item sold on Ebay via PayPal.

I don't like the idea of them 'holding' my money either, but being an honest person, I would be 'somewhat' less irritated if they would at least allow me to go in there and print a label and ship an item without having to go stand in line at a post office for 30 minutes to 2-hours. That's how long it takes to get to a window at my local post office, and I just do NOT have that kind of time on my hands. That was the whole purpose of using Ebay AND PayPal - Convenience!

The way they are doing business now is NOT convenient at all. And did anyone else notice that they remove their "fees" from the "held" amount? That's not even remotely 'fair'. And yes, I realize that they concocted that scheme in order to make money off of 'our' monies which are being 'held'. No, this is not the least bit 'fair', however, they are not regulated by the government, but I think it is time to change that, don't you? If enough of us were to write our congressmen, maybe - just MAYBE, there will be at least ONE who will raise enough of a 'stink' to cause them to conduct business in a less "nazi-like" manner. That is, IF there is at least one Congressman or Senator that Ebay/PayPal cannot buy-off. But I don't know about that either. Because as we all know - money definitely talks...