Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
NASCAR Discussion >

NASCAR Discussion

Like Tree597Likes

NASCAR Discussion

    Hide Wikipost
Old 02-23-2021, 04:08 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: NASCAR Discussion
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: Digit09
We're reverting back to simpler times for the 2018 points season. Eliminating POPs altogether. Simply track/count regular points, including stage points, and number of wins.

At the end of the regular season reset the points (for all of those who played the majority of the year) as follows

1st..1000pts
2nd..980pts
3rd..970
4th..965
5th..960
6th..955
and -5pts per spot going down.

PLUS add 5pts per regular season win..
After the reset..

Pick one Playoff/Chase driver and one non Playoff/Chase driver, you get combined points PLUS 5pts for a win. Again, no POPs involved. You don't HAVE to pick a playoff driver, you can pick 2 non playoff drivers if you want.

Tie breakers..1) Most wins 2) Most points earned during the playoffs..if those don't work.....then we'll punt I guess..lol

*we start with the actual 500, no dual race points or anything like that.

* Everyone will get ONE drop during the regular season



Welcome to the 2021 R/C Tech NASCAR Fantasy league!!!!!


Week 2 Daytona 2:

Chevyrat - 94
Wingracer - 87
Mrs D. - 87
jiml - 73
Golddust - 73
peter george - 68
racer1812 - 64
Oasis - 65
Johnn27 - 60
roadrashracing - 48
Digit09 - 42
MileHigh RC - 31
KA2AEV - 22

Print Wikipost

Old 02-22-2021, 04:26 PM
  #15076  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
KA2AEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 2,113
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by peter george View Post
I picked the wrong Busch brother !

You're not alone! I did the same thing
KA2AEV is offline  
Old 02-22-2021, 08:42 PM
  #15077  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (38)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,666
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
Hey Hamlin, F U and your PJ's
I thought they made a mistake by pitting in the first place, Chases car was so good no one would have been able to catch him even if they had fresh tires..
Oasis is offline  
Old 02-23-2021, 06:16 AM
  #15078  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,913
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I thought they made a mistake by pitting in the first place, Chases car was so good no one would have been able to catch him even if they had fresh tires..
Tires made a huge difference. If Chase didn't pit he would have been a sitting duck.

I'm more pissed about the blocking from Keselowski and Logano. That was ridiculous. Do that in a sports car race and you're banned for life.
jiml is offline  
Old 02-23-2021, 12:58 PM
  #15079  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (24)
 
wingracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 13,225
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Oasis View Post
I thought they made a mistake by pitting in the first place, Chases car was so good no one would have been able to catch him even if they had fresh tires..
In the Clash they made the mistake of NOT pitting and got wrecked so they didn't want to do that again.

I should also point out that the car that won, pitted.

Both Chase and Truex made the mistake of getting too aggressive and ended up hurting themselves. Bell had the car, the tires and the patience to work his way through without getting wrecked. Chase and Truex only had 2 of those qualities.
wingracer is offline  
Old 02-23-2021, 05:07 PM
  #15080  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Digit09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Chase Elliot may have given the smartest interview ever. By not calling out the 11 for plowing through him (yet again) the 11 may not expect paybacks when they come around. Of course the 14 had a lot to do with also. But hats off to Christopher Bell on his first win!!! The race itself was pretty boring except for the restart after the yellow for rain that wasn't rain. We do have a new leader this week and a new player so good job Chevyrat on moving into the lead and welcome MileHighRC to the Official RCTech NASCAR fantasy league. Here's The Damage Report:

Week 2 Daytona 2:

Chevyrat - 94
Wingracer - 87
Mrs D. - 87
jiml - 73
Golddust - 73
peter george - 68
racer1812 - 64
Oasis - 65
Johnn27 - 60
roadrashracing - 48
Digit09 - 42
MileHigh RC - 31
KA2AEV - 22
Digit09 is offline  
Old 02-23-2021, 05:20 PM
  #15081  
Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
roadrashracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 13,213
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Digit09 View Post
Chase Elliot may have given the smartest interview ever. By not calling out the 11 for plowing through him (yet again) the 11 may not expect paybacks when they come around. Of course the 14 had a lot to do with also. But hats off to Christopher Bell on his first win!!! The race itself was pretty boring except for the restart after the yellow for rain that wasn't rain. We do have a new leader this week and a new player so good job Chevyrat on moving into the lead and welcome MileHighRC to the Official RCTech NASCAR fantasy league. Here's The Damage Report:

Week 2 Daytona 2:

Chevyrat - 94
Wingracer - 87
Mrs D. - 87
jiml - 73
Golddust - 73
peter george - 68
racer1812 - 64
Oasis - 65
Johnn27 - 60
roadrashracing - 48
Digit09 - 42
MileHigh RC - 31
KA2AEV - 22

can you double check mine, I had 48 points last week.
roadrashracing is offline  
Old 02-24-2021, 01:09 AM
  #15082  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,363
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

How do we feel about rolling over the previous weeks pick if someone forgets or misses the green flag?
racer1812 is offline  
Old 02-24-2021, 10:32 AM
  #15083  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,913
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
How do we feel about rolling over the previous weeks pick if someone forgets or misses the green flag?
I'm not totally against it, but there may be another way of handling it.

Wait, don't we have drops?
jiml is offline  
Old 02-24-2021, 02:04 PM
  #15084  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,363
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jiml View Post
I'm not totally against it, but there may be another way of handling it.

Wait, don't we have drops?
In years past that's kind of why we've had drops. Last year was kinda crazy with the modified schedule. Arguments can be made both ways. I'm just throwing out an option to try and keep people from being discouraged and quitting if they miss getting their picks in on time. Chalk it up to me getting soft (more friendly) in my old age of 43.
racer1812 is offline  
Old 02-24-2021, 07:28 PM
  #15085  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
KA2AEV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Tottenville, NYC
Posts: 2,113
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
In years past that's kind of why we've had drops. Last year was kinda crazy with the modified schedule. Arguments can be made both ways. I'm just throwing out an option to try and keep people from being discouraged and quitting if they miss getting their picks in on time. Chalk it up to me getting soft (more friendly) in my old age of 43.

Holy Crap!
Racer is getting soft AND Friendly???
Damn Hell IS freezing over!
jiml likes this.
KA2AEV is offline  
Old Yesterday, 01:00 AM
  #15086  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (31)
 
racer1812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: RIP 'Chopper', 4/18/13 miss you bud:(
Posts: 15,363
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by KA2AEV View Post
Holy Crap!
Racer is getting soft AND Friendly???
Damn Hell IS freezing over!
It literally did for about 2 weeks here in Wisconsin. That sucked!
racer1812 is offline  
Old Yesterday, 08:45 AM
  #15087  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 8,913
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
In years past that's kind of why we've had drops. Last year was kinda crazy with the modified schedule. Arguments can be made both ways. I'm just throwing out an option to try and keep people from being discouraged and quitting if they miss getting their picks in on time. Chalk it up to me getting soft (more friendly) in my old age of 43.
43 is old??? What are you gonna do when you get to my age, 60?

I'm all for drops, maybe 3 for the regular season? More?
jiml is offline  
Old Today, 09:57 AM
  #15088  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Digit09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by racer1812 View Post
It literally did for about 2 weeks here in Wisconsin. That sucked!
Figures it got cold up your way right after duck season ended. All those birds were down this way and a little further south looking for open water. This was a reminder on the winters from the 70's and early 80's.
Digit09 is offline  
Old Today, 10:13 AM
  #15089  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (7)
 
Digit09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,737
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by roadrashracing View Post
can you double check mine, I had 48 points last week.
Week 2 Daytona 2:

Chevyrat - 94
Wingracer - 87
Mrs D. - 87
jiml - 73
Golddust - 73
roadrashracing - 68
peter george - 68

racer1812 - 64
Oasis - 65
Johnn27 - 60
Digit09 - 42
MileHigh RC - 31
KA2AEV - 22


Sorry about that, you're good now.
Digit09 is offline  
Old Today, 03:38 PM
  #15090  
Moderator
iTrader: (76)
 
roadrashracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Green Bay, Wi
Posts: 13,213
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Digit09 View Post
Week 2 Daytona 2:

Chevyrat - 94
Wingracer - 87
Mrs D. - 87
jiml - 73
Golddust - 73
roadrashracing - 68
peter george - 68

racer1812 - 64
Oasis - 65
Johnn27 - 60
Digit09 - 42
MileHigh RC - 31
KA2AEV - 22


Sorry about that, you're good now.
Thank you sir!
roadrashracing is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.