Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
All sales are final due to the nature of the hobby >

All sales are final due to the nature of the hobby

All sales are final due to the nature of the hobby

Old 08-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default All sales are final due to the nature of the hobby

Question, what is up with this phrase on Ebay with all rc stuff? I saw a Hudy 1/10 setup station with "All sales are final due to the nature of the hobby", I mean is everything complete, anything broken or will something break when it arrives? I understand that motors could go out after one run and who knows how much life it has. But something like a setup station to have due to the nature of this hobby really throws me for a loop. Anyone else or is it just me forgetting to take my blue pill?
Old 08-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

in my auctions I put the "Due to the nature of the hobby, everything is sold as is" just for the fact that the items are used and anything can happen quickly in the hobby when it comes to stuff. I state my descriptions to the T, but basically do it to cover my ass incase they might be new to the hobby and dont tune it right or if they break something right off the bat.
I think its basically to say, "Im sending this in the description provided, if anything happens to change the description once you run it, its on you."
As far as a setup board, Im not sure what they really mean. Just to expect it as used maybe.. I dunno.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:24 PM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

I put sold as is in everything I sell, but basicily anything you buy used is sold as is unless there is a warranty. You can learn much from judge judy
Old 08-28-2008, 08:43 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

All sales final are a good way to cover your hiney. I sold a guy at the track a SS5800 brushless system. 100.00 and said if it gives you any trouble let me know I have another. He put it in his car and went out side to play.
My friend comes in and said that guy just drove threw a puddle and then he went to his pit.
Now the guy I sold it to comes in and says it doesn't work. I said driving threw puddles are hard on them huh? he new he was busted. Now 2 weeks later he was running a brand new one. Get this Novak warrantied it.

Now if its a pit table and the pics show it to be a certain shape it should arrive that way.
Theres a fine line.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

it means there not going to take it back, because you can use it once, break it, and try to give it back saying thats how you got it
Old 08-28-2008, 09:33 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pinky2252s View Post
it means there not going to take it back, because you can use it once, break it, and try to give it back saying thats how you got it
Its the nature.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 4u2nv View Post
in my auctions I put the "Due to the nature of the hobby, everything is sold as is" just for the fact that the items are used and anything can happen quickly in the hobby when it comes to stuff. I state my descriptions to the T, but basically do it to cover my ass incase they might be new to the hobby and dont tune it right or if they break something right off the bat.
Same here
Old 08-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I started doing it when I sold a guy some tmaxx parts. I put them all in the picture and took like 5 pictures too. I sent him everything in the picture and he complained and I still never recieved anything. He had good feedback too but he still said that I sent him a pile of shit. Never deal with Keith Bilyou! From then on I always put as is in picture on all of my ads.