Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Have you ever been hurt BADLY by an r/c car or truck? >

Have you ever been hurt BADLY by an r/c car or truck?

Have you ever been hurt BADLY by an r/c car or truck?

Old 08-27-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)
Default Have you ever been hurt BADLY by an r/c car or truck?

I was re-meshing a pinion to spur on my truck and forgot to turn it off.It glitched full throttle and took a dime size piece of skin off my hand,the blood amount was insane.Anything bad happened to you guys or anyone you know?
Old 08-28-2008, 06:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (97%+)

Havent hurt myself but last summer a buddy and I were running out jatos and step out in front of mine goin wide open. Needless to say it done sum damage and it knock him out of his shoes lol. Luckly it didnt hurt him to bad.
Old 08-28-2008, 02:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Not REAL bad, but it tickled. I was marshaling and some guy lost his crystal, I saw where it went and proceeded to try and get the crystal back in and get him running again. Oh joy when it picked up a stray signal and went full throttle with my thumb just over the spur. The "kickback" from acceleration forced my finger right into it as I was holding the vehicle w/ one hand and not ready for the jerk (of course I was the jerk for not anticipating this). He was stoked about being back in business, probably not too happy about the blood dripping over his shell though.
Old 08-28-2008, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I witnessed a turn-marshall get hitted at the end of the straight by an 1/8 scale pan-car.. Knocked him off his feet, broke his ankle.

Last time I saw that guy at the track..
Old 08-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was cornering 1/8 once and when I picked one the nit wit hit the throttle and left a nice rubber burnout on my forearm ! Almost threw it.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sliced my thumb open two nights ago when i was trying to get a bearing out of my aluminum hubs for my 18R because the company was too stupid to build the hubs correctly, i should of had the hub in a vice so i guess im kind the stupid one but who knew a pocket screwriver could slice my thumb open as it grazed by my thumb, its not like i jabbed it right into it. Its all good know, still want to email the company and tell them of there mistake.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

trying to push the carb slide in on a tmaxx tha was running wide open i missed and shoved my thumb in the spur gear,

i was in a hury sodering and went to lay the iron down on somthing and i thought my thumb will work just fine,,,,,
my poor thumbs
Old 08-30-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thekid22 View Post
trying to push the carb slide in on a tmaxx tha was running wide open i missed and shoved my thumb in the spur gear,

i was in a hury sodering and went to lay the iron down on somthing and i thought my thumb will work just fine,,,,,
my poor thumbs
Thumbs up.
I had some super glue pop up and glue my eye shut. It hurt.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dropped a soldering iron and caught it again in mid air. that hurt. I caught it near the handle though, so it didn't burn too much.

when I was fiddling with my revo I managed to rest my hand on the exhaust. ouch, did that hurt too.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The old soldering iron catch been there done that ouch.

It's kind of like checking to see if it is hot by touching it .
Old 09-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Tech Regular

as a 13 year old, my first time marshalling a nitro car i grabbed the car and flipped back right side up, but i had my hand on the exhaust (i picked it up on the sides , i didnt know better lol) i didnt notice the pain until after i got back to my marshall position, and MAN was it a bad one! I didnt have an ice pack to put on it at the track, but I had a big, cold, soda with ice in it, so i spent the rest of the afternoon with my hand jammed in a cold root beer from Mcdonalds. Now I always wear oven mits