your rc injuries >

your rc injuries

your rc injuries

Old 08-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default your rc injuries

list all of your injuries that have happenend during use of your rcs

i can list a few, two recently which is the reason i am typing very slow tonight
i have just bought a new 3pks and have been trying to set it up on my b44. the first time i binded it, the trim was off and it went beserk on my table, trying to tame it my thumb tapped the spur that was spinning crazily and got a cut reaching for the power, the second time the same thing happend only with my middle finger and got a much deeper gnash on it

also i have burnt my thumb trying to stop a flywheel, last time i do that

and have burnt my index finger by covering an exhaust stinger

yeah i got my battle wounds
Old 08-11-2008, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I cut my leg open with an X-Acto.
Old 08-11-2008, 07:56 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I was pealing a foam tire back to re-glue it to the rim when the foam slipped and the glue shot up and went into my eye. It glued it shut. petroleum jelly is what the doc used to get it open. Then he scraped the glue out of my eye. Needless to say I use safety glasses even when I'm pitting.

Countless times of poking my self with small screw drivers and such.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've shocked myself on a powersupply with no case (i had to change fuses).

little did i know, it can mess your day up even when unplugged (the capacitors where still charged).

last time im doing that.

You can't forget soldering iron burns, those are a bitch.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This didnt actually happen to me but I think it's worth mentioning anyway. At our last club race a younger kid fell down a berm while marshalling a car and actually broke his arm. . I talked to him this weekend tho and he seems pretty pumped to get his cast off so he can hold a controller again.
Old 08-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I fella at our track was filling his fuel bottle started talking and accidentally took a drink thinking it was his Gatorade, he didn't take much down before he spit it out.
Old 08-12-2008, 12:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Oh my...
I'll stick with my Orion battery blowup in my pit guy's and my face.. That was NO fun
Old 08-12-2008, 04:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Exclamation

how about a swelled toe that ended with a black toenail?????
dam vxl with 11.1! it wacked my firends toe going full blast.....lol

why is it when your sodering you always seem to change hands with the iron and seem to find the metal part????f-n hotttttt

now c'mon, we all like having those little olympic circles on our fingers.... especially when you get out of a pool or a shower!

does nitro fuel exhaust have the same attributes as cutting an oinion?

x-acto knives you can control........razor blades you can not....ouch

countless shin and ankle hits with trucks!

Old 08-12-2008, 06:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

the blade of my exacto went into my hand, completly, right in the palm, 5 stiches

I got zaped 4 times while making my on powersuppley and my hand is still numb a week later
Old 08-12-2008, 06:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by whitrzac View Post
the blade of my exacto went into my hand, completly, right in the palm, 5 stiches

I got zaped 4 times while making my on powersuppley and my hand is still numb a week later
Literally any exacto wound shouldn't require stiches because they're so clean.

Next time you're building a power supply, how about leaving it unplugged while working on it.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Cut my arm with chopper blades. Also while breaking in an engine my neighbor decides to suddenly help and cut two of my fingers with the engine's prop.
Old 08-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about an 8th scale buggy to the shin. I was standing right next to the driver. It was an on road track(not sure why he had it out, I guess he was just playing with it). SO I'm standing right next to him, nearly shoulder to shoulder. He runs it towards us, pretty fast, and right into my leg. He looks at me and says... "I didn't see you"... Ever seen the movie "Hot Shots"? Remember that guy "Washout"

Yeah, that's how good his vision was...
Old 08-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Just the usual cuts, burns and scrapes. My favorite was tripping over the leg of a drivers stand and scraping up an elbow. The impressive thing is that I had a coke in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Did not spill a drop or damage the cig.

Saw a track owner working on his car when his Xacto roled off the table. He instinctively closed his legs to catch it and drove the blade and half of the handle into his inner thigh. Nasty.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

oh yeah i frgt about this other one, when i was helping this spoiled kid with his JATO that he cant even turn on by himself, and so he tightend the head screws way too tight so, me the real rc guru had to loosen them with his cheap stock hex wrenches, the thing was flexing so much that the top snapped and took a gash into my thumb when the top part flew off,

his dad had the nerve to say that i owe him one of thoes
Old 08-12-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Xacto cuts, soldering burns, electric shocks, busted knuckles, eye injuries (and I wear glasses), etc. - the more common things. Spilled a bottle of Paragon on my lap, instantly bonded my jeans to my legs, not fun. Fell down the stairs once carrying to much gear up from my basement at once

Did not happen to me, but caused by me, broke a marshals ankle once w/ a nitro TC. He went out to get another car and did not look first and stepped out right on the straight where the cars were hitting full speed. He dropped like a bag of rocks and had to get some screws installed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.