Old 07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Oh wait didn't he invent pants?

Sorry Chris had to steal it.
Old 07-21-2008, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

MY KEYBOARD DOESNT COME WITH THAT BUTTON....IT HAS A TAB BUTTON THERE....!!!???? F-N PAWN SHOP
Old 07-22-2008, 12:32 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Old 07-22-2008, 04:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Phatkat View Post
WTF???Is That???????????????????Supposed to be???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
I know what it looks like, but they are usually attached to a whole bunch of other Keys!
Old 07-22-2008, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That is funny as hell, and so true (three finger keyboard).

BTW, Al Gore never claimed he did. What he said was "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system". Now, absolutely it was self serving as he should have used "helping to". He did take a keen role in promoting Net techs and development during his run however. Something, the Webby Awards have even gave him credit for in 2005. He never seriously was attempting to say he created the net single handedly.

It was political posturing by him, and specific re contextualizing what he said by others for their own political gains.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post

BTW, Al Gore never claimed he did. What he said was "During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet. I took the initiative in moving forward a whole range of initiatives that have proven to be important to our country's economic growth and environmental protection, improvements in our educational system". Now, absolutely it was self serving as he should have used "helping to". He did take a keen role in promoting Net techs and development during his run however. Something, the Webby Awards have even gave him credit for in 2005. He never seriously was attempting to say he created the net single handedly.

It was political posturing by him, and specific re contextualizing what he said by others for their own political gains.
Tom Berners Lee created the internet.
Old 07-22-2008, 09:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I found this yesterday wondering when the topic arose.
http://www.boutell.com/newfaq/history/inventednet.html
Old 07-22-2008, 10:33 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The first working local network was created by Lawrence Roberts at UCLA in California on October 29, 1969, which was based on Paul Baran's study of packet switching. It was based on ARPAnet technology.

Tim Berners-Lee had nothing to do with the creation of the internet...he made the first hyper text transfer protocol client (browser) that worked between a client and a server.
Old 07-22-2008, 02:41 PM
Tech Champion

As an old unix hack the 3 button keyboard is too hilarious. As our Mac friends probably know, most computers don’t require rebooting on a routine basis. Back in the day it was avoided like the plague.

It’s pretty hard to pin down any single inventor, creator, or any other word you care to use of the internet. Or even most of the key items of such. There were interconnected computers before ’69. Primarily long distance, depends some on your definition, but the ‘net is not usually considered a local network.

For example the old mainframes with several terminals are a network of sorts. In some ways the internet is a step back to the mainframe days, just will really 'smart' terminals. All of the info is accessed remotely, just like mainframes.

For those interested one of the best and most readable history sources is: http://www.computerhistory.org/

Charles Babbage rocks... We don't need no stinkin' electricity! And our abacus friends will probably even call him a rookie.

Last edited by Dave H; 07-22-2008 at 02:51 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b View Post
WTF???Is That???????????????????Supposed to be???????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????
I know what it looks like, but they are usually attached to a whole bunch of other Keys!
Those are the three most used key for a windows machin
Old 07-23-2008, 07:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

It's been a long time since I have had to use them or seen a BSOD but then again, I don't have Vista.
Old 07-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post

"Well, there you go again!"
Old 07-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Dave H View Post
As an old unix hack the 3 button keyboard is too hilarious. As our Mac friends probably know, most computers don’t require rebooting on a routine basis. Back in the day it was avoided like the plague./
That not exactly true, I remember Macs plenty of times locking up, or starting up with the dreaded unhappy face before OSX. BSD and NT based kernel systems have increased the stability of both platforms by leaps and bounds.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have a mac that hasnt been turned off in about six months and my windows needs restarting daily
Old 07-26-2008, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

On the other hand, my housemates OSX box needs a daily restarting. It all depends on clean we keep our systems and the quality of hardware in use.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.