Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Looped do you ever play online??? if so find me

wes95_z28
Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
As far as R.E. series try Resident Evil 4....
Originally Posted by RCGaryK View Post
I own 4 for the Wii and LOVE it. I know the controls won't be the same but I want to get an insight to the back-story before 5 comes out

Do anyone know what the new update is all about?
I D/Led it last night. Basically gives you access to in-game XMB.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/30/v...-on-ps3-v2-40/

Just remember when he's referencing the 2.40 update it's now the 2.41
Old 07-09-2008, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I D/Led it last night. Basically gives you access to in-game XMB.
http://www.engadget.com/2008/06/30/v...-on-ps3-v2-40/

Just remember when he's referencing the 2.40 update it's now the 2.41
I had that update a few weeks ago....how odd. Oh I know why.....the previous update wigged out some peoples PS3s....they pulled it, fixed it and released the improved version.

As for the RE series again, I thought I explained that: (Wikipedia version)

Resident Evil:
It all started when a number of grisly murders have taken place on the outskirts of town. Victims were attacked in their homes by a group of assailants, who left evidence of cannibalism. Local law enforcement sends in the S.T.A.R.S. Bravo Team. After contact is lost, Alpha Team is sent to find Bravo Team and continue the investigation. Alpha Team locates the downed Bravo Team helicopter, but there is no sign of survivors; only a severed hand is found. While searching the area for further clues, Alpha Team is attacked by ferocious dogs, one of which kills one of the team's members, Joseph Frost. Alpha's helicopter pilot, Brad Vickers, takes off and abandons the team. Pursued by the dogs who killed their colleague, Alpha Team is forced to seek refuge within a nearby mansion, believed to be abandoned.

With the dogs roaming outside, the four remaining Alpha Team members (Jill Valentine, Chris Redfield, Barry Burton and Albert Wesker) are trapped within. A gun shot rings out, to which the player's selected character moves to investigate. At this point, the player takes control of the character and begins to explore the mansion. One of the first discoveries is a member of Bravo Team, Kenneth Sullivan, being eaten by a zombie. The character eventually finds the mansion to be anything but abandoned, riddled with puzzles, traps, and horrors. Scattered documents and files suggest that a series of illegal experiments were being undertaken on the property by a clandestine research team, under the authority and supervision of pharmaceutical conglomerate, the Umbrella Corporation. The creatures roaming the mansion and surrounding region are the results of these experiments, which have exposed the mansion's personnel and various animals and insects to a highly contagious and mutagenic biological agent known as the T-Virus (hence the Japanese title, "Biohazard").

After navigating a series of tunnels, passageways and buildings, the player discovers a secret underground laboratory containing detailed records of the Umbrella Corporation's experiments. In the lab, Wesker reveals that he is a double agent working for Umbrella and releases the Tyrant T-002, a giant humanoid monster created through prolonged exposure to the T-Virus. Upon release, the Tyrant turns toward Wesker and (depending on the player's actions throughout the game,) either knocks him out or impales him. The player then apparently kills the Tyrant. After killing the Tyrant, a self-destruct program is triggered. After the player calls for a rescue chopper, the Tyrant bursts through the roof of the lab onto the helicopter pad and attacks. The Tyrant is finally slain when Vickers drops a rocket launcher and the player uses it to completely destroy the creature. The player escapes in the chopper and the game ends as the mansion explodes.

Resident Evil 2:

Zombies have infested Raccoon City. A biological weapon known as the T-Virus[1] was released into the sewer system. Rats then spread the virus to the city's population. Two people make their way to Raccoon City: Leon S. Kennedy, a rookie police officer on his first day on the job in Racoon Police Department (R.P.D.), and Claire Redfield, a college student looking for her brother, Chris Redfield. Leon and Claire find themselves fighting against hordes of creatures in their search for survival. This is one of the best RE games to date.

Resident Evil 3- Nemesis: (This actually happens a couple of days before R.E.2):

The player takes control of former S.T.A.R.S. member Jill Valentine in her attempt to escape a ruined and zombie-infested Raccoon City. During her escape, she encounters three surviving members of the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service, Carlos Oliveira, Mikhail Victor and Nicholai Ginovaef. Mikhail sacrifices himself to save Jill from the Nemesis, a bio-organic weapon, and Jill escapes with Carlos. Pretty cool....it has a mini game in it where you is a part of the Biohazzard Team.

Resident Evil 4:

the Umbrella Corporation's secretive activities within Raccoon City have become a public affair. Following an investigation conducted by the US government, several Umbrella officials are implicated and prosecuted. The government indefinitely suspends Umbrella's business, causing the company to become bankrupt.

Leon S. Kennedy was recruited by the US government after they learned of his actions in Raccoon City. Leon is sent on a mission to rescue Ashley Graham, the President's daughter, who has been kidnapped by a mysterious cult. Leon travels to a rural village in Europe, where he encounters a horde of unruly villagers who pledge their lives to Los Iluminados (The Illuminated Ones), the cult that kidnapped Ashley.

During the course of the mission, Leon is reunited with Ada Wong, a woman he met in Resident Evil 2, and Jack Krauser, one of Leon's former comrades from his years of government training, thought to be dead. He also meets Luis Sera, a former Los Illuminados researcher, who aids Leon on his mission, before he is murdered by Osmund Saddler, the leader of the Los Illuminados cult. By examining Sera's notes, Leon discovers that Los Illuminados gained control of their subjects by implanting a mind-controlling parasite known as Las Plagas into their bodies.

After Saddler discovers that Leon has rescued Ashley, he commands his subjects to use any means to recover her. Meanwhile, after defeating the village chief, Bitores Mendez, Leon, and Ashley take refuge inside the castle of the local castellan, Ramon Salazar. Ashley begins to cough blood, realizing that she is probably infected and runs into one of the castles many traps. Leon then battles his way through mazes and minions to find Salazar only to learn that Ashley has been taken to a nearby island research facility. After numerous altercations with Saddler's forces, including a freakishly empowered Krauser, Leon is able to rescue Ashley and defeat Saddler with Ada's assistance. Leon recovers a vial containing a Plagas sample from Saddler's corpse, but Ada forces him to give it to her at gunpoint. She then escapes from the complex in a helicopter, leaving Leon and Ashley to escape via jet-ski. This was a decent game.....drawn out, but decent.

Outside of the series is Resident Evil Outbreak: Here you can play different people trying to escape Raccoon City when RE:3 was taking place elsewhere. This is the only RE game that was also a multiplayer game. And yes, in multiplayer, other players intentionally try to get you killed.....

Then there was Resident Evil: Dead Aim. (requires light gun)

This happend when a Umbrella sponsored cruise ship becomes infested. But this was outside the actual RE storyline. The game isn't that good.

Now we wait for Resident Evil 5......

Sorry to have drawn this all out.....
Old 07-09-2008, 01:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

all i can say I bought my ps3 and I love it compare to the 360 which is been fix three times already.
Old 07-09-2008, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by crazyclown View Post
all i can say I bought my ps3 and I love it compare to the 360 which is been fix three times already.
LOL......yeah my son is working on his third (or maybe fourth one) as we speak....

I am waiting for his warranty to expire so I can customize his case to provide better airflow to the cpu. I am also going to look at the way the processor is soldered to the main board and check to see if I can use a heavier grade of solder on it; the heavier the solder, the more its resistant to heat and will not melt, causing the red rings of death.
Old 07-10-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

In speaking of Easter Eggs in MSG4, there is a stealth adapter that will make you totally invisable. Thing costs 2 million bucks though.....

When you fight the B&B beauties the second time around, you will enter a white room. Break out the camera and they will start posing for you!!!

Let me look for some more.....
Old 07-16-2008, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

In speaking of Easter Eggs in MSG4, there is a stealth adapter that will make you totally invisable. Thing costs 2 million bucks though.....

When you fight the B&B beauties the second time around, you will enter a white room. Break out the camera and they will start posing for you!!!

Let me look for some more.....
So I rented MGS4 last week. I admit I never played any of the previous games so I have nothing invested in these characters. I couldn't play more than 2 hours of it, and not because I didn't have time... Too many cinematics, too draggy, just... man it was just painful. I even returned it early. Just could not get into it.

Check out Sony's presser from E3 though for some cool stuff
http://ps3.ign.com/dor/articles/8899...01_071508.html
Old 07-16-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

I couldn't play more than 2 hours of it, and not because I didn't have time... Too many cinematics, too draggy, just... man it was just painful. I even returned it early. Just could not get into it.

It is drawn out, isn't it? I was playing it again last night and I was just skipping the cinematics to get into playing. That's Hideo for ya. The master of taking a 45 min. game and streching it out over two days!!!!
Old 07-20-2008, 09:24 PM
Tech Champion

Rented GT5 Prologue last night. I love this game. It's awesome. I just wish you could mod the cars in the A, B, or C license. Other than that it's...Well, it's Grand Turismo, so it's going to kick ass.
Old 07-20-2008, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Rented GT5 Prologue last night. I love this game. It's awesome. I just wish you could mod the cars in the A, B, or C license. Other than that it's...Well, it's Grand Turismo, so it's going to kick ass.
Did you try to race online? It is the most stable multiplayer racing game I ever played.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

Not yet. Want to get all the licenses first. I heard there's an S license that lets you mod the car setups.
Old 07-21-2008, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Not yet. Want to get all the licenses first. I heard there's an S license that lets you mod the car setups.
Yeah it is, but it is not what you might be thinking; It adjust aerodynamics, braking, gear setings, horse power....etc. Pretty much like GT4.
Old 07-21-2008, 07:47 PM
Tech Addict

Im kinda dissapointed in the prolouge, I kinda find it a kick in the gonads to spend $40 on an incomplete game that we cant mod the cars on, and that I beat in maybe 4 hours of play, I have seriously beaten every race in it, and for some reason the online play just bores me.

I will gladly pay the full $60 whenever the full version comes out, whenever that maybe.

One of these days I need to try out the "grid" game, I havent gotten to play it yet.
Old 07-25-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Is it clear they plan to allow modding of the cars in the full version? After getting frustrated renting it, I never bothered to research it further... I ended up starting a new game in GT3...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.