Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
80 gig PS3 going away? >

80 gig PS3 going away?

80 gig PS3 going away?

Old 03-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Whoa, hold on there guys, I didn't want this to turn into a flaming match. I just wanted to know why it seemingly became difficult to find an 80 gig version of the PS3. The rumor mill has new 120 and 160 gig versions coming out in the near future. If that's the case, we'll wait for those. We just want the backwards compatibility so he can continue to play his old games on the new system.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Whoa, hold on there guys, I didn't want this to turn into a flaming match. I just wanted to know why it seemingly became difficult to find an 80 gig version of the PS3. The rumor mill has new 120 and 160 gig versions coming out in the near future. If that's the case, we'll wait for those. We just want the backwards compatibility so he can continue to play his old games on the new system.
Your right, I should of left his post alone. What I had heard was there would be a 40, 80 and 120gb ps3. As far as a 160gb I hadn't heard that at all. I am trying to wait for a price break and find something that plays ps1, 2 and 3 games. I want to get a psp as well and that will be bought first.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 03-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wicked-Wayz View Post
No one got suckered, the 20gb ps3 has been gone for awhile. If the 40gb was europe only, then why can you buy it in america. According to my game informer magazine. The 20 and 60gb versions were being replaced by the 40 and 80gb version. I guess you cannot find your own facts. Here is some information straight from the playstation.com website. Here is also the link, how about finding some actual facts before your hands type a message. http://boardsus.playstation.com/play...read.id=241683

# Console with 80 GB HDD - $499.99 USD / CND
# Console with 60 GB HDD - $499.99 USD / CND - Discontinued
# Console with 40 GB HDD - $399.99 USD / CND
# Console with 20 GB HDD - $449.99 USD / CND - Discontinued

As for this little comment of yours. How about you look as someones profile before your smart mouth opens. The comment about reading the box I did and it didn't say anything about it. My friend is the one who bought the system, he doesn't have any ps1 or ps2 games. After we found out it didn't matter to him. I cannot shop with my parents at all because they just recently died. I don't take kindly to parent cracks.

Peace Aaron(W-W)

First off - If it was you friend who got jacked....then it suck to be him! Next time have him post instead so that he would have got the intel...... nevertheless, the Playstation.com forums do not break into detail on what version does what.... and that is where people get fooled into buying something that doesn't meet their expectations. Again, READ THE BOX..... A 20 GB system doesn't have the same features found in either the 60 and 80GB system. So, if you getting a system that cost 299.00 thinking you are getting the same as a 499.99 system.... you better back peddle and do some serious research......

Secondly - As for you parents, sorry for your luck. Next time leave a reminder in your signature your parents passed away so that no one else step on your sensitive toes. If people are informed, then they will know how to handle delicate individuals.
Old 03-07-2008, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GundamWZero View Post
You have a private message. Let's take this elsewhere if were going to flame a thread.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 03-07-2008, 07:03 PM

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Nice to see it being done with maturity. Thanks for taking it elsewhere. letthe answers be said about the thread topic.

Thanks
Jon
Old 03-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I bought my kids a new 80gig @ gamestop a month ago, it was the last one they had, said the 80 gig was not going to be produced any more
Old 03-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racersnow View Post
I bought my kids a new 80gig @ gamestop a month ago, it was the last one they had, said the 80 gig was not going to be produced any more
See that is weird because their magazine game informer said sony was only going to be doing 40 and 80gb ps3's. I will have to look more into this, weird the mag says one thing and an employee/manager says another. Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.

Originally Posted by Jon2 View Post
Nice to see it being done with maturity. Thanks for taking it elsewhere. letthe answers be said about the thread topic.

Thanks
Jon
Shouldn't of started in the first place. Sorry and it will be taken elsewhere.

Peace Aaron(W-W)
Old 03-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Tech Elite

Message replied.....

And like I just told this guy, goes for the rest......

If you want to bash something.....break out the R/C cars and bash them!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony 06 View Post
you said it!
Dude, please don't change my statements and present it as my original quote. Thats not cool and may actually violate board rules.

I said "its going to be some heavy PS3 usage time".

If you want to say Xbox 360, then you say it, but don't present it as something I said in a quote.

I have both systems, so I could care less about the childish fanboy stuff that people want to go on about. If you want to play it on Xbox360, more power to you. I choose to go with the PS3 version because I know it will be working when I start the game, and will still be working when I finish it, with no trips to the repair center in between. I use my Xbox360 only for 360 exclusive games. I figure the less time I put on it, the better chance I have of avioding the RRoD. And Halo 3 and Mass Effect have already put in heavy hours on the machine, so why add another long play time game, when I can play it on a more reliable system?

Thats it, thats all. I like both systems, but I know for a fact that my PS3 is more reliable than my Xbox360. Thats why I'm picking it to play a long play time game like GTA IV. If its multiplatform, I'll play it on the PS3 just to conserve my Xbox360. I don't even know the differences between the two versions of the game, and could care less which people think is better. But I do care about being misquoted.

Last edited by Darkseid; 03-07-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Dude, don't change my statements and present it as my quote. Thats not cool and may actually violate board rules.

I said "its going to be some heavy PS3 usage time".

If you want to say Xbox 360, then you say it, but don't present it as something I said in a quote.
It does.

This is the type of crap I see everytime a PS3/XBox thread pops up..... So this time instead of helping people with their issues, I decided to let others know how I feel about it!!!

Obviously some people refuse take the hint.....

Anywho..... I checked out my one-stop source on the 120GB PS3.......I walked in and nearly got flamed in Japanese!!!! "The only way you are going to see a 120GB PS3 is to add one yourself...." one said. It the third time someone told me that..... Queston is, how can I transfer files once I install the 120GB drive? The HDDs are the same size as a laptop (2.5") and it is very easy to replace. But being me (always pushing the limits) I am looking at this:

http://www.laptopsarena.com/new-hita...op-hard-drives

Old 03-07-2008, 08:46 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I just don't do fanboy stuff. Not in R/C, not in gaming....

And I don't like someone making it look like I do. I would never go on a PS3 thread and post a statement like that about a competing product. Especially not when I own both and enjoy playing both.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
I just don't do fanboy stuff. Not in R/C, not in gaming....

And I don't like someone making it look like I do. I would never go on a PS3 thread and post a statement like that about a competing product. Especially not when I own both and enjoy playing both.

And I agree.... I own the PS3, my son has the 360, and the wife has the Wii. Each platform has their good points and bad, but for me (being the breadwinner), it's all about the performance.....the "Bang for the Buck", per se'. I was amazed at what the 360 has done, then my son's optical drive went out....

Then a hard drive...

and another...

As a husband paying the bills (and buying the 360 with nearly all the accessories, mind you), to have a product fail when you put SO much money into, ticks me off! To make matters worse, I show my son countless pages of forums, where the system failed. When he sent the first 360 in, I was worried he never get it back. Then I learned why the system fails and how to overcome it, but it comes with a price....voiding the warranty! So I am waiting for his warranty to expire (before he has to send it in ) to perform the mod...and save the system. I have always said the if the makers would have addressed this problem during development, I would have bought an Xbox.....

But I am glad.....my son can't steal my games now!!!!!
Old 03-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hi.

should I wait for the 120 GB?? I can buy 80 GB for a good price but if a 120 GB is coming out and it can play the PS2 games I'll wait for it. as for the160 GB I haven't heard about that yet...... but I'll ask around.

Thanks
Old 03-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Tim,

As of now there are outside hints of a 120GB PS3....the thing is that those who had the 20GB and up are already or have done so, upgraded their PS3s up to 120GB and greater.... but SCEA hasn't mentioned that they are going to release a factory version.

Some idiot has already set up a preorder for a 120gb system for 599.99 on Ebay..... go figure.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:12 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Good thing they keep worring about there gig sizes instead of the 30 games they have out for it (Thats sarcastic).. Ps3 needs more games. Thats the reason I got rid of mine. (I had a 60 gig and sold it on ebay for over $600!!.. (dont ask me..lol..)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.