Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
TOSHIBA QUITS, BLURAY WINS... >

TOSHIBA QUITS, BLURAY WINS...

TOSHIBA QUITS, BLURAY WINS...

Old 02-21-2008, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
imagine how many pissed PS3 owners you'd have if Blu-Ray would have lost the format war?
But nobody's in the Sony camp now...

Maybe Microsoft took a gamble and made an external HD-DVD instead of internal because they were not confident in their product... Your XBOX blows up (red ring of death!??)... you lose the game console + player... who knows...

I hate Microsoft... sorry, I'm biased... I work for Sony...

Although I almost took the plunge and got an XBOX360 this past weekend so that I can play with the rest of the RCTECH gaming world... but then times changed...

Last edited by eeyan; 02-21-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 02-21-2008, 06:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
I think I got up to 13 last night...lol I still suck, but my instincts are good. I just have to get better at using a console control rather than a mouse/keyboard!

But if anyone wants to get SCHOOLED on old school Halo for PC.... just visit our servers. HW 24-7, and there are like 5 of the, all Gulch, all rockets, all the time...

www.leapgamers.com
Old school PC is not Halo. A platform original title that was ported poorly to PC. Old school is like Quake 2 Deathmatch, Quake 3, or even the original Quake Team Fortress.

We can settle this argument in Unreal Tournament 3 if you like.. Or is that too fast for you?

PM me.
Old 02-21-2008, 07:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by oXYnary View Post
Old school PC is not Halo. A platform original title that was ported poorly to PC. Old school is like Quake 2 Deathmatch, Quake 3, or even the original Quake Team Fortress.

We can settle this argument in Unreal Tournament 3 if you like.. Or is that too fast for you?

PM me.

Unreal Tournament??? Rubbish. If you like fantasy games, well more power to you. Real "Soldiers" play Battlefield 2....that is why we kick ass in COD4.
Old 02-23-2008, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Who said anything about Soldiers? Hey, if being a "Soldier" is slow movement with headmics complaining about how your teammates suck, more power to you!

UT was and is about Fragging at High speed. Deathmatch for the win (through Assault can be fun sometimes)!

But yea, I love Sci-Fi/Fantasy. Military games bore me. Closest would be Castle Wolfenstein or Team Fortress 2.
Old 02-24-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anybody ever play Time Splitters? Talk about fast paced sci fi, that game is SICK! I have 1 and 2,and both are so frantic your head spins if you play too much. I like it a little better than Q3, but I'm better at Q3 due to the controls (mouse over a console pad). I'll have to re-install Q3 to see if I can still hang in high speed!
Old 02-27-2008, 11:41 AM
Tech Elite

Either HDDVD or the BlueRay format is overhyped... for now anyways. I was looking for a difference between DVD and HDDVD/BlueRay to be similar to VHS and DVD. DVD just blew that tech out of the water. HDDVD/BlueRay just lets you see every pore in an actors face... or how crappy a movies special/digital effects are. Either way you need a kickass TV to see the difference. The average user with a tube or flat panel TV still wont see much difference. And if you are watching all that fancy-schmancy goodness to the tune of stock TV speakers... well you arent really doing the tech any justice.

Grenades gotta go BOOM! Dead silence footsteps CAN be heard. Seeing reddish gray matter fly 6 feet from your cranium... priceless!

Old 02-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Either HDDVD or the BlueRay format is overhyped... for now anyways. I was looking for a difference between DVD and HDDVD/BlueRay to be similar to VHS and DVD. DVD just blew that tech out of the water. HDDVD/BlueRay just lets you see every pore in an actors face... or how crappy a movies special/digital effects are. Either way you need a kickass TV to see the difference. The average user with a tube or flat panel TV still wont see much difference. And if you are watching all that fancy-schmancy goodness to the tune of stock TV speakers... well you arent really doing the tech any justice.

Grenades gotta go BOOM! Dead silence footsteps CAN be heard. Seeing reddish gray matter fly 6 feet from your cranium... priceless!

+1
Old 02-27-2008, 05:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I bought a Dell XPS system with Blu-ray so I'm happy that Blu-ray won.

Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
HDDVD/BlueRay just lets you see every pore in an actors face... or how crappy a movies special/digital effects are. Either way you need a kickass TV to see the difference. The average user with a tube or flat panel TV still wont see much difference.
+1

I have a two year old 720p flat screen and now I'm fighting the urge to buy a full 1080p flat screen. Hey little voice in my head: It's not gonna happen.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Doom is old school!
Old 02-29-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Champion

Wolfenstein is even OLDER!