Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)

get on track not on streets..
Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony 06 View Post
or he was probably gay
..I guess you didn't see Talladega Nights..That gay dude could drive..
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
RCTech Member #2

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by itchy b View Post
You hit the nail right on the head there!

Here in Australia, we have had quite a few P plater( provisional licence 1st 3 yrs) where they have had big accidents in high powered cars(wrx,skyline, lancer evo, V8 sedans etc) and because of all the carnage, the government has been forced(by concerned parents, citizens etc) to bring in new laws for P platers to be restricted to 4-6 cylinder non turbo- supercharged vehicles.

With the P platers having 5 minutes experience and no real idea how lethal a car can be when driven dangerously, they had no other option but to go this way.

Now, once these young drivers get several years experience, they can get a better/more powerful car with more knowledge on how to handle it!
I disagree with laws such as this. I know several 15-16 year old race car drivers that I would put money down on as being a better driver than half the people that have posted in this thread. There is no reason to ban people strictly by age from driving certain cars.

Originally Posted by salteen View Post
not to mention the car (assuming it was a wrx or other sporty model of the Impreza) who in their right mind lets their teenager drive a car with that much power!? dumbass parents do.
I disagree. I had full access to the keys to a Dodge Viper at age 18. I still have access to those keys at age 22. I'll tell you right now that the Dodge Viper has more horsepower than that WRX, and due to it being more of a "driver's" car ( no nanny controls, ect ) - it's also a harder car to drive.
Old 01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
I disagree with laws such as this. I know several 15-16 year old race car drivers that I would put money down on as being a better driver than half the people that have posted in this thread. There is no reason to ban people strictly by age from driving certain cars.
Their are exceptions to every rule, Statistics prove you wrong on this one Troy, Every country that has imposed such a restriction has seen teen deaths and accidents go down..

I disagree. I had full access to the keys to a Dodge Viper at age 18. I still have access to those keys at age 22. I'll tell you right now that the Dodge Viper has more horsepower than that WRX, and due to it being more of a "driver's" car ( no nanny controls, ect ) - it's also a harder car to drive.
I would have to say that you would be the exception rather than the rule on that one..For me in a way I'm glad that I never had that temptation..I did have access to a 390 GT Mustang that belonged to my dad and the neighbors 70 LS6 COPO Monte Carlo..Both cars could get you into trouble really quick..and both almost did..but by the grace of God I lived..
Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)

this one happended a few days ago just as bad

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1392485027
Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post

Im almost fifteen and can simply pick up the keys to a 755 horse power skyline that me and my dad built for drag racing, but you dont see me crashing it into a light pole. its NOT the amount of power the car has, its the driver not knowing how to drive with responsibility.

its just like R/C racing, you can have a slower car and still win because the other guy had a faster car and didnt know how to control it.