Sad..

Reply

Old 01-21-2008, 06:07 PM
  #61  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: pasadena, CA
Posts: 1,487
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Robert.Hull is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 08:19 AM
  #62  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (20)
 
deore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Cavite
Posts: 250
Trader Rating: 20 (95%+)
Default

get on track not on streets..
deore is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 11:20 AM
  #63  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (37)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,418
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by tony 06 View Post
or he was probably gay
..I guess you didn't see Talladega Nights..That gay dude could drive..
Oasis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:03 PM
  #64  
RCTech Member #2
iTrader: (5)
 
TSR6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 5,952
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by itchy b View Post
You hit the nail right on the head there!

Here in Australia, we have had quite a few P plater( provisional licence 1st 3 yrs) where they have had big accidents in high powered cars(wrx,skyline, lancer evo, V8 sedans etc) and because of all the carnage, the government has been forced(by concerned parents, citizens etc) to bring in new laws for P platers to be restricted to 4-6 cylinder non turbo- supercharged vehicles.

With the P platers having 5 minutes experience and no real idea how lethal a car can be when driven dangerously, they had no other option but to go this way.

Now, once these young drivers get several years experience, they can get a better/more powerful car with more knowledge on how to handle it!
I disagree with laws such as this. I know several 15-16 year old race car drivers that I would put money down on as being a better driver than half the people that have posted in this thread. There is no reason to ban people strictly by age from driving certain cars.

Originally Posted by salteen View Post
not to mention the car (assuming it was a wrx or other sporty model of the Impreza) who in their right mind lets their teenager drive a car with that much power!? dumbass parents do.
I disagree. I had full access to the keys to a Dodge Viper at age 18. I still have access to those keys at age 22. I'll tell you right now that the Dodge Viper has more horsepower than that WRX, and due to it being more of a "driver's" car ( no nanny controls, ect ) - it's also a harder car to drive.
TSR6 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 12:46 PM
  #65  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (37)
 
Oasis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: * Sin Cal *
Posts: 10,418
Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
I disagree with laws such as this. I know several 15-16 year old race car drivers that I would put money down on as being a better driver than half the people that have posted in this thread. There is no reason to ban people strictly by age from driving certain cars.
Their are exceptions to every rule, Statistics prove you wrong on this one Troy, Every country that has imposed such a restriction has seen teen deaths and accidents go down..


I disagree. I had full access to the keys to a Dodge Viper at age 18. I still have access to those keys at age 22. I'll tell you right now that the Dodge Viper has more horsepower than that WRX, and due to it being more of a "driver's" car ( no nanny controls, ect ) - it's also a harder car to drive.
I would have to say that you would be the exception rather than the rule on that one..For me in a way I'm glad that I never had that temptation..I did have access to a 390 GT Mustang that belonged to my dad and the neighbors 70 LS6 COPO Monte Carlo..Both cars could get you into trouble really quick..and both almost did..but by the grace of God I lived..
Oasis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 01:21 PM
  #66  
Tech Legend
iTrader: (195)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 28,519
Trader Rating: 195 (100%+)
Default

this one happended a few days ago just as bad

http://link.brightcove.com/services/...tid=1392485027
Marcos.J is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 03:12 PM
  #67  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
pinky2252s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Broomfield, Colorado
Posts: 3,278
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by TSR6 View Post
I disagree with laws such as this. I know several 15-16 year old race car drivers that I would put money down on as being a better driver than half the people that have posted in this thread. There is no reason to ban people strictly by age from driving certain cars.



I disagree. I had full access to the keys to a Dodge Viper at age 18. I still have access to those keys at age 22. I'll tell you right now that the Dodge Viper has more horsepower than that WRX, and due to it being more of a "driver's" car ( no nanny controls, ect ) - it's also a harder car to drive.

Im almost fifteen and can simply pick up the keys to a 755 horse power skyline that me and my dad built for drag racing, but you dont see me crashing it into a light pole. its NOT the amount of power the car has, its the driver not knowing how to drive with responsibility.

its just like R/C racing, you can have a slower car and still win because the other guy had a faster car and didnt know how to control it.
pinky2252s is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service