Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Just Bought My First Gun >

Just Bought My First Gun

Just Bought My First Gun

Old 01-22-2008, 04:23 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny View Post
My last comment was WHY we are permitted to personally own firearms in this country.... Who cares that it was written in another time, is the world getting any better? With all these globalists out there pushing the New World Order and one world Government who knows what will happen...

I know my laws well as I am a retired Police Officer... I have never shot someone but I have held someone at gunpoint wile taking up any slack in the trigger many, many times... Thankfully all incidents ended without me having to fire a shot... Being a cop in NYC will teach you a lot, very quickly...
So firearms is allowed in your country due to the risk you are invaded by another country, or perhaps terrorists.... Must admit I thought that was up to the Police, and in war, the military to deal with, and not normal citizens.

If you are a former police officer, and trained, well, you might know what you are doing. Just hope age not make you slower....
But as a former Police officer, you of any, would understand the danger with all these guns. Right?
I say, let the police do the work. While they still are on duty
No one else need a gun. Realy. Right?
Old 01-22-2008, 04:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Anders,

Your marxist brain can't wrap itself around the point vtl1180ny was trying to make. The main reason why we Americans have the right to bear arms is to protect ourselves from the government. Our forefathers experienced the abuses of the ruling class in the Old World and wanted to make sure that never happened in the democratic republic that they built on european Enlightenment ideas, which Europeans were never able to actually implement themselves. If someone tries to make himself king here in the U.S., he will have to deal with an armed citizenry.
Old 01-22-2008, 05:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 27 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
Anders,

Your marxist brain can't wrap itself around the point vtl1180ny was trying to make. The main reason why we Americans have the right to bear arms is to protect ourselves from the government. Our forefathers experienced the abuses of the ruling class in the Old World and wanted to make sure that never happened in the democratic republic that they built on european Enlightenment ideas, which Europeans were never able to actually implement themselves. If someone tries to make himself king here in the U.S., he will have to deal with an armed citizenry.
+1
Old 01-22-2008, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg View Post
So firearms is allowed in your country due to the risk you are invaded by another country, or perhaps terrorists.... Must admit I thought that was up to the Police, and in war, the military to deal with, and not normal citizens.

If you are a former police officer, and trained, well, you might know what you are doing. Just hope age not make you slower....
But as a former Police officer, you of any, would understand the danger with all these guns. Right?
I say, let the police do the work. While they still are on duty
No one else need a gun. Realy. Right?
As a Police Officer I believe that anyone capable of owning a firearm, should... The Police cannot protect you and your family, they are there to take reports and solve crimes, it's up to you to deter them and protect yourself... Most officers will tell you the same thing...

I don't think you truly understand our laws... Most people are not permitted to carry firearms, only cops and those with a legitimate need are. In some rural states the laws are a little more lax, but those are changing. People are permitted to own them in their home and transport them to the range or hunting, but they just can't strap a 9mm on their side and go about their daily business. Just like every other person, I have a pistol permit... When I was on the job my job ID was all I needed... When I retired I had to get a permit when I lived, although my permit is marked that I am a retired PO, as is my job ID and I can carry anywhere. And under federal law so long as I qualify every year and carry a document (card) stating so I can carry in all 50 states where the average person cannot...

Originally Posted by Leodis View Post
Anders,

EXACTLY!!!!!

Gun violence in the UK and Australia has gone up dramatically... In the UK it has gotten worse since they outlawed private citizens from owning a firearm. The Bobbies are being outgunned and they have very few who even carry anymore and many are being killed... I chat with British and European cops and your governments are doing a real good job of hiding the gun violence stats from you all... Both the criminals and your own governments know you all are helpless... Problem is that your reps in the UN are trying to do the same to us, isn't going to happen!!!

"When Guns are Outlawed, only Outlaws will have Guns!"
Old 01-22-2008, 06:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

just picked up a new toy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
ar152.JPG (288.1 KB, 29 views)
Old 01-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

a 45 is a good gun. Keep going yo the range and shoot range bullets or reloads.
I keep wad cutters in my 40. If they wank in they won't walk out.
I'm all for the police. I ave friend that are local cops and state police. You have the right to defend yourself
Old 01-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Tech Master

No wonder Arnold Schwarzenegger was able to make a career as a politician i that country...

Last edited by Anders Myrberg; 01-23-2008 at 06:20 AM. Reason: Spelling. Always spelling....
Old 01-23-2008, 03:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

an armed populace should be fun when authority breaks down... it works in theory, but theres always some dick who decides his gun is just an extension to his arm and shoots everyone he dislikes.
Old 01-23-2008, 06:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by mopar70 View Post
a 45 is a good gun. Keep going yo the range and shoot range bullets or reloads.
I keep wad cutters in my 40. If they wank in they won't walk out.
I'm all for the police. I ave friend that are local cops and state police. You have the right to defend yourself
Something is seriousley wrong here.
The message donīt go together with the avatar.
I thought the mighty god took care of you, and that you beleve he ( but I think itīs a "she"...) have a destiny for you, that you accept....
Old 01-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

people yall are lookin at it all wrong. its too defend ourselfs when the zombies invade.

http://www.randomhouse.com/crown/zombiesurvivalguide/
Old 01-23-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Thereīs a big risk I will read about some of you in the next few upcoming Darwin Awards....
Old 01-23-2008, 02:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joe of loath View Post
an armed populace should be fun when authority breaks down... it works in theory, but theres always some dick who decides his gun is just an extension to his arm and shoots everyone he dislikes.

Face it, if guns were illegal most criminal and dicks would still be able to get thier hands on a gun. The only difference is that Citizens looking to protect thier homes will not have access to buy one. The one thing I don't like is that people seem to be able to stock pile guns like it was for WW2 over again. You should be able to buy a few guns but there should be a screening process for people that buy so many guns......
Old 01-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
You should be able to buy a few guns but there should be a screening process for people that buy so many guns......
Iīm stunned. How many do you need for protection? How many hands do you have? How many can you control at the same time? One, two or more for each family member?
The more guns in the houses, more to steal for the intruder.
You all realy seems to be very scared.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Anders Myrberg View Post
Iīm stunned. How many do you need for protection? How many hands do you have? How many can you control at the same time? One, two or more for each family member?
The more guns in the houses, more to steal for the intruder.
You all realy seems to be very scared.
I've only owned 1 but I know that there are hunters and people that buy guns for shooting competition. Thats the reason I think it's reasonable to have a few guns but to have an arsenall like you see people getting busted with is ridiculous.
Old 01-23-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Stratus Racer View Post
This is the bottom line.

There is valid points being made but the reality is that if and when the time comes you will shoot and ask questions later. All the talk about blanks and BBs is just lame. If someone ever breaks into my home where my kids and wife are, I will blast their [email protected]@ and deal with the local authorities. As quoted above "It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!" Chances are that most of the 12 jurors are also parents and understand what it is like to feel the need to protect your loved ones. 6 Pallbearers is not an option.

"You have the legal right to defend yourself and property." A quote to me by the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. Defend is a key word, before some go over the edge. Abuse is negligence but self defense is acceptable in America.
Paco, you should also let everyone know the other half of the story and that is your right to "Defend" is "conditional" especially in California. Unlike Louisiana or some of the other "Southern" states, California is very strict on the RULES OF ENGAGEMENT. Your right to shoot, kill or mame can only be executed when you are clearly threatened with IMINANT harm by the assailant's "deadly" (i.e. firearm or blade type) weapon. You CAN'T shoot someone if he is waving a baseball bat or a short stick or for throwing a chair at you. If the guy is a black belt in Karate and you're not, you can't shoot him just to make-up the difference in defending yourself.

That being said, I myself am in the same position as you, looking to defend my family from harm. Lately I have been considering getting a shotgun as well. However, that should be considered for the last line of defense. In reality there are many things that can be done to a home to provide for better security such as better lighting, locks and secure enclosures (gates). Remember you can't always be at home to fire that gun to defend your family so other non-lethal means will have to be used.

Now for all you anti-gun people. This is regardless of where you live and what laws there are. Think of this scenario. A major disaster happens, you are in a suburb that is unaffected you have food and water to last 30days but there is no electricity. All emergency services including police are concentrated near the disaster site. You are able to lend a hand to your neighbors but as the days move on you start seeing stragglers from outside wander in. At that point, if don't have a gun you'll wish you did and if you do have one, you'll feel relieved that you do.

Having a gun is necessary but it is to be used only in extreme situations. Extreme situations are things we never want to see happen in our lives.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright Đ 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.