Old 12-29-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Im hoping to get a PS3 within the next month or so
Old 12-29-2007, 11:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Very nice...can you use it to play the FPS games? I'm a much better player using those for my controls, because I'm used to Old School Halo for PC, and Crysis.(I also play Unreal, Quake, Stalker and similar FPS games for PC)

And what does having XP installed on your PS3 do? Can you then play microsoft games on it, or is it for something else?
I haven't tried playing games with the keyboard yet but I'm sure its possible. Since once the keyboard is bound to the PS3 its just like an active controller. My problem would be setting it up like a desktop on my couch and having a good flat spot for the mouse. But I certainly agree a keyboard mouse combo would be alot better than a controller with FPS games. I've played Americas army and such for years on my gaming pc and once your in "tune" with a keyboard an mouse its alot faster and fluid.

As far as having XP or any other operating system for that matter the bene's are countless. For one, I'm using it right now. Surfing the net on a big screen while lying on a couch is just plain KICK A$$. But basicly whatever you can and want to do with a reg pc you can do with a PS3. The main reason for me was to play Star Wars empire at war on the big screen. Which means ofcourse you CAN play any PC version game on your tv though the PS3. The other thing I didn't care for was PS3 internet browser, It was lame and confusing. It's a lot easier using explorer for me since thats all I have ever used. The only thing I would like to mention is being careful of what sites you search and keeping the PS3 free of adware and viruses, etc. Keep up the sercurity levels and firewalls and using the new explorer with a phishing filter and what not. Rebooting a PS3 right now from the beginning would be a HUGE pain! The only other concern I forsee is that a 80gig hd can be filled pretty fast this way(with a 10/70 partition,10 xp/70 PS3). I'm already looking into adding another 100gig hd for the PS3. As far as adding the other system its easy as can be. Just go into settings where it says other operating system and insert your windows cd and your off! Like joe mentioned too linux operating system may be the better route since you can run just about any gaming program known to man with it. I've heard you can download a buttload of games from from different systems a.k.a. nintendo formats, SEGA, and some other ol' skool stuff. I'd like to hear from somebody that has done this with a PS3.

Last edited by steelhawke; 12-29-2007 at 11:39 PM.
Old 12-30-2007, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

so i could just put my windows xp cd into my ps3 and put it on there then once iv installed it i can play pc games ?
Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

No first you have to format the system to accept another operating system. Thus partitioning the harddrive using one part for the PS3 system and the other for IE; windows. Which means starting from scratch and redownloading games you may have bought though playstation store, game updates, etc. I will assume you have the 80 gig and want to do the same as I have done. First go into sytem settings, then go into format utility, then goto format hard disk. Then you will be asked something like would you like it used for PS3 or custom. You ofcourse want it custom, then your asked if you want 10gig for the PS3 software or the other operating system. This is the stupid part because 10 gig isn't enough for PS3 software, downloads, saved games, etc. So your left with setting aside 10 gig for the other operating system only really. (there should be better options on partitioning the hard drive if you ask me). 50/50 would be nice leaving 40 gig for both. My partitioned section with windows is just about filled allready, 10 gig doesn't go far nowadays. Xp,2 games and a few odds and ends programs fill it up fast. Big over sight by Sony but I hope they address it soon with another system update. I've already e-mailed them on this matter about 3weeks ago, lets see if my voice as any affect in the near future. GL kwik-kid... OPPS DBL POST BUG AGAIN!
Old 12-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Tech Addict

No first you have to format the system to accept another operating system. Thus partitioning the harddrive using one part for the PS3 system and the other for IE; windows. Which means starting from scratch and redownloading games you may have bought though playstation store, game updates, etc. I will assume you have the 80 gig and want to do the same as I have done. First go into sytem settings, then go into format utility, then goto format hard disk. Then you will be asked something like would you like it used for PS3 or custom. You ofcourse want it custom, then your asked if you want 10gig for the PS3 software or the other operating system. This is the stupid part because 10 gig isn't enough for PS3 software, downloads, saved games, etc. So your left with setting aside 10 gig for the other operating system only really. (there should be better options on partitioning the hard drive if you ask me). 50/50 would be nice leaving 40 gig for both. My partitioned section with windows is just about filled allready, 10 gig doesn't go far nowadays. Xp,2 games and a few odds and ends programs fill it up fast. Big over sight by Sony but I hope they address it soon with another system update. I've already e-mailed them on this matter about 3weeks ago, lets see if my voice as any affect in the near future. GL kwik-kid...
Old 12-30-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

ep3dmik on ps3. CoD4 on the regular. Resistance as well.
Old 12-31-2007, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We got three from Team TAOB (R/C connection) so far playing Raibow6Vegas and more recently COD4... Clan = "PHI" (about 15 members using this clan tag to date)

Add us if you want to:

eeyan
izzyracer
dyaz21

We know other r/c racers, promoters as well, but I'll have them chime in themselves (don't want to expose who's playing what from the industry ).
Old 12-31-2007, 05:03 PM
Tech Regular

cool ill add you lot if its ok with you and with the clan tag thing do i just type phi on the clan tag menu and its done ?
Old 01-03-2008, 05:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

When the hell this thread popped up? I posted several times but got no love.....

Oh well.

So what you wanna know?

GundamWZero67 on the PSN, CoD4, Resistance; FoM.......
Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Dont feel bad. Its the black sheep of the gaming consoles. I was hoping more and more people would be getting the Ps3 for the holidays... the Ps3 has a small online community in comparison.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Old 01-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

It isn't the size of the community, but the qaulity of the community!

Wonder if you guys are playing COD4? I get my a$$ handed to me everytime I play by some smack talkin 8yr old. I suck and need practice or maybe I should just stick with warhawk where atleast I live a little bit longer.
Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by steelhawke View Post
It isn't the size of the community, but the qaulity of the community!

Wonder if you guys are playing COD4? I get my a$$ handed to me everytime I play by some smack talkin 8yr old. I suck and need practice or maybe I should just stick with warhawk where atleast I live a little bit longer.
Well then, put your name up so I can whoop you up into shape....
Old 01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Tech Champion

Every time I go online with CoD4 the one stinkin room I can get into is empty.
Old 01-04-2008, 11:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Every time I go online with CoD4 the one stinkin room I can get into is empty.
Gotta keep looking.

I was just on, but I think the server crashed for the "umptennth" time.

Anywho..... shoot over you name so I can set you up.....

....for target practice.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.