Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
You know you're broke when... >

You know you're broke when...

You know you're broke when...

Reply

Old 11-13-2007, 02:58 PM
  #1  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JVT MTX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 786
Default You know you're broke when...

When you start stealing money from the homeless guy's coin can - while he is sleeping.
JVT MTX3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 02:58 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
 
losichickdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Marysville,Ohio
Posts: 2,550
Default

?? what thats just not right
losichickdriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:03 PM
  #3  
RCH
Tech Regular
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 385
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Rolling pennys to buy a pack of Bugler, coz you dont have enuff pennys to buy your regular brand.

Pick up a penny thats stuck in used gum in the Walmart parkinglot.

Stop along side the road to pick up the $0.05 return pop/beer cans and bottles.

Check every vending machine, payphone in the area for forgotten change.

Start looking through the Walmart reciepts you kept in your wallet to see if there is anything you bought recently that you could return to put gas in the tank or buy a pack or 2 of smokes.

Shit, I could go on and on and yes, Ive done all of the things Ive mentioned, more then once.
RCH is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:05 PM
  #4  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JVT MTX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 786
Default

Originally Posted by losichickdriver View Post
?? what thats just not right
I wouldn't do that LosiChick, but I'm sure some brokea$$ guy did that already.

All in all, trying to start "the official, you know when you're broke thread".
JVT MTX3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:05 PM
  #5  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (11)
 
RCSteve93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Long Island, New York
Posts: 4,601
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

You know your broke when you go to an all you can eat buffet and bring 20 gallon trash bags to fill with food.

Watch "Fun with Dick and Jane"...
RCSteve93 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:05 PM
  #6  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JVT MTX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 786
Default

Originally Posted by RCH View Post
Rolling pennys to buy a pack of Bugler, coz you dont have enuff pennys to buy your regular brand.

Pick up a penny thats stuck in used gum in the Walmart parkinglot.

Stop along side the road to pick up the $0.05 return pop/beer cans and bottles.

Check every vending machine, payphone in the area for forgotten change.

Start looking through the Walmart reciepts you kept in your wallet to see if there is anything you bought recently that you could return to put gas in the tank or buy a pack or 2 of smokes.

Shit, I could go on and on and yes, Ive done all of the things Ive mentioned, more then once.
JVT MTX3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:08 PM
  #7  
Tech Elite
 
losichickdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Marysville,Ohio
Posts: 2,550
Default

Originally Posted by JVT MTX3 View Post
I wouldn't do that LosiChick, but I'm sure some brokea$$ guy did that already.

All in all, trying to start "the official, you know when you're broke thread".

yea i figured but still thats funny but not right at the same time lol...

heres some from me
You're formulating a plan to rob the food bank.

You've rolled so many pennies, you've formed a psychic bond with Abe Lincoln.

Long distance companies don't call you to switch anymore.

You look at your roommate and see a large fried chicken in tennis shoes.
losichickdriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:15 PM
  #8  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JVT MTX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 786
Default

Originally Posted by losichickdriver View Post
yea i figured but still thats funny but not right at the same time lol...

heres some from me
You're formulating a plan to rob the food bank.

You've rolled so many pennies, you've formed a psychic bond with Abe Lincoln.

Long distance companies don't call you to switch anymore.

You look at your roommate and see a large fried chicken in tennis shoes.



You do volunteer work at 1st grade school, and you steal the kids lunches.
JVT MTX3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:17 PM
  #9  
Tech Elite
 
losichickdriver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Marysville,Ohio
Posts: 2,550
Default

Originally Posted by JVT MTX3 View Post


You do volunteer work at 1st grade school, and you steal the kids lunches.


At communion you go back for seconds.

You wash your toilet paper.

You have to save up to be poor.

You are sterilizing your urine for reconsumption.

Your imaginary friend has more money than you.

You owe yourself money.

You finally clean your house, hoping to find change.

You think of a lottery ticket as an investment.

Your bologna has no first name.

You give blood everyday... just for the orange juice.

McDonald's supplies you with all your kitchen condiments.

On Thanksgiving your dad would bring home
a picture of a thanksgiving meal.
losichickdriver is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:19 PM
  #10  
Tech Lord
iTrader: (22)
 
UN4RACING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: MODIFIED!
Posts: 13,140
Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default

Doesn't bother them to walk up with snot hanging out of there nose and smelling like death to ask for money so why not.?

There is a difference between homeless and those who choose to live on the street. Theres homeless and hobos.
If you don't want your money stolen put it in a bank, its free.

If you can survive on the street theres no reason not to survive off of it.
Talk about no ambition.
UN4RACING is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:39 PM
  #11  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,265
Exclamation

your so poor you cant pay attention!
tony 06 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:46 PM
  #12  
Tech Elite
 
wallyedmonds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brampton ont canada
Posts: 3,662
Default

Originally Posted by JVT MTX3 View Post
When you start stealing money from the homeless guy's coin can - while he is sleeping.
i did that but i was homeless too

its war out there you know.
wallyedmonds is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 06:54 PM
  #13  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
shawn17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Columbus,Ohio
Posts: 4,143
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JVT MTX3 View Post
When you start stealing money from the homeless guy's coin can - while he is sleeping.


I've done that




You know your broke when you start robbing your local run down gas stations.
shawn17 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:18 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
rmdhawaii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 3,804
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

... you go dumpster diving for foam tires that other people have thrown away.

... you mix fuel from discarded near empty bottles of nitro to make 75ml.

... you think you can use that completely filthy air filter just one more time.

... you check the track after a race for body clips.

... you think you'll save money by charging your R/C batteries at work.

... you use next week's lunch money to pay your race entry fee.

Last edited by rmdhawaii; 11-13-2007 at 07:54 PM.
rmdhawaii is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:16 PM
  #15  
Tech Fanatic
Thread Starter
 
JVT MTX3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 786
Default

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii View Post
... you go dumpster diving for foam tires that other people have thrown away.

... you mix fuel from discarded near empty bottles of nitro to make 75ml.

... you think you can use that completely filthy air filter just one more time.

... you check the track after a race for body clips.

... you think you'll save money by charging your R/C batteries at work.

... you use next week's lunch money to pay your race entry fee.


I actually check the track after a race for body clips.
JVT MTX3 is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service