HALO 3

Old 10-02-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

its true, and although the processing power of the ps3 could theoretically handle it, i think it would over heat and melt with shear amazingness of this game
Old 10-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

The power of marketing strategy at its best!!

Since I can't wait another 2-3yrs for PC version, now I'm force to buy XBOX.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:12 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tony 06 View Post
if any body wants to play co-op on legend. , you know wheir to find me...

even with two good internet connections, co-op seems to lag badly
Old 10-03-2007, 08:13 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Since I can't wait another 2-3yrs for PC version, now I'm force to buy XBOX.
Those B-stards! Of course, when H2 comes out, they try and FORCE you to buy Vista, an unproven, and riddled with issues operating system that doesn't play ANY of my old games that I still play. What a joke, that's why every copy of H2 for PC I've seen... is covered in DUST!

The guy(Tony) who called the PS3 junk is a flamer, that's all he does. I've seen and played it several times. On an HD tv, it's very impressive, and alot of fun to play. The owner spent the first week or two playing it almost non-stop, and now plays at least daily since then. In fall of man he made his own clan, and now has 30 members! The PS3 is a great machine, and from what I've seen/played of the 360, its nice too.

even with two good internet connections, co-op seems to lag badly
Is there a way to check your ping? You may have kick ass download bandwidth, and JUNK for upload capacity...which could make it lag really bad.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by R40Victim View Post
Those B-stards! Of course, when H2 comes out, they try and FORCE you to buy Vista, an unproven, and riddled with issues operating system that doesn't play ANY of my old games that I still play. What a joke, that's why every copy of H2 for PC I've seen... is covered in DUST!

The guy(Tony) who called the PS3 junk is a flamer, that's all he does. I've seen and played it several times. On an HD tv, it's very impressive, and alot of fun to play. The owner spent the first week or two playing it almost non-stop, and now plays at least daily since then. In fall of man he made his own clan, and now has 30 members! The PS3 is a great machine, and from what I've seen/played of the 360, its nice too.
I totally agree, PS3 is very nice. IMO - I like PS3 more than XBox, reason I opted for PS3. But like Microsoft and Apple, everyone has their favorite, in which case, Tony feels XBOX is better game console - to each his own.

On my end, I just want HALO 3.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JVT MTX3 View Post
I totally agree, PS3 is very nice. IMO - I like PS3 more than XBox, reason I opted for PS3. But like Microsoft and Apple, everyone has their favorite, in which case, Tony feels XBOX is better game console - to each his own.

On my end, I just want HALO 3.
ill eventually buy a PS3.. but only when they release the new Final Fantasy game.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

The guy behind final fantasy is doing a game for the Xbox. Its pretty damn sweet. Will be out 1st of the year.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hebiki View Post
ill eventually buy a PS3.. but only when they release the new Final Fantasy game.
Once again, marketing strategy at its best!!

Imagine, I'm planning to buy XBox so I can play HALO 3, and you're just waiting for Final Fantasy before you buy PS3.

By the way, sorry to derail topic, I bought an iPhone couple weeks ago, again, fine example of marketing strategy by dropping the price on 4gig units and I got suckered into buying one. Bottom line, it's not worth it. I wish I bought a Blackberry unit instead.

Sorry...back to topic...
Old 10-03-2007, 12:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

stay on topic.
ps3 sucks ass and MC would never sell it to sony!!!
Ummm.........wasn't it just you telling me to stay on topic?

How is turning a Halo 3 thread into a fanboy thread, staying on topic? You could have simply said that Bungie and Microsoft are tied together, so its likely the Sony console will never have Halo.

But.......instead you had to let your inner fanboy flame on! I just don't get why gamers have to do that stuff.

I have both systems, and trust me, the differences between the two are nothing more than hype and fanboyism. They both do what they're designed to do, both have up sides and both have down sides and both are nothing more than expensive paper weights without good games. And right now Xbox 360 has more games. Which simply makes sense considering it has a year head start in developement cycles. Does that make the other system suck a$$....no.

Do you remember the Xbox360's first year....don't worry, neither does anyone else. Thats just the way it is for these consoles.

To me, the only people who see this as a "console war" are the people who are selling mags, filling space on websites, or can't affoard all the consoles...

...the end.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:05 PM
Regional Moderator

Now back to Halo 3....

Has anyone picked up all the skulls? I've collected a few of the Gold skulls, but not all. And haven't gotten any of the silver ones.

Just haven't had the time.
Old 10-03-2007, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

i have a buddy who has got them all, (he actually has all 1000 of the achievement points) but im disappointed in myself, i got sidetracked by rankings online, and haven't started campaign. in case you didn't know if you get all 1000 achievement points you get a katana (a "samuri sword" for you non-history buffs). and yes i have crazy loser friends who have gotten all of them already
Old 10-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

forgot to talk about the ps3, it is one kick ass machine from a spec standpoint, the release price was to much, (i believe it dropped but am unsure, then again so did 360 and wii). the main reason i didn't get it is because the games are just not for me, and their were some initial issues, but then again the 360 has the crappiest reliability ever.
Old 10-03-2007, 07:00 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by raceGEEK View Post
i have a buddy who has got them all, (he actually has all 1000 of the achievement points) but im disappointed in myself, i got sidetracked by rankings online, and haven't started campaign. in case you didn't know if you get all 1000 achievement points you get a katana (a "samuri sword" for you non-history buffs). and yes i have crazy loser friends who have gotten all of them already

Man, all 1000 of the acheivement points. I can't even stay on track with the skulls. I one here, one there, then I'm like mehhh....I'll just go shoot some stuff.
Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by Darkseid View Post
Ummm.........wasn't it just you telling me to stay on topic?

How is turning a Halo 3 thread into a fanboy thread, staying on topic? You could have simply said that Bungie and Microsoft are tied together, so its likely the Sony console will never have Halo.

But.......instead you had to let your inner fanboy flame on! I just don't get why gamers have to do that stuff.

I have both systems, and trust me, the differences between the two are nothing more than hype and fanboyism. They both do what they're designed to do, both have up sides and both have down sides and both are nothing more than expensive paper weights without good games. And right now Xbox 360 has more games. Which simply makes sense considering it has a year head start in developement cycles. Does that make the other system suck a$$....no.

Do you remember the Xbox360's first year....don't worry, neither does anyone else. Thats just the way it is for these consoles.

To me, the only people who see this as a "console war" are the people who are selling mags, filling space on websites, or can't affoard all the consoles...

...the end.
:sweat :
Old 10-04-2007, 03:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

IMO i have played both consoles, and i like the 360 more due to the ps3 seeming to have a black line round everything.... (a bit like a cartoon...) but anyway... haloitis is really annoying. people talk about it ALL THE TIME. just because i don't want to buy a 360, does that exclude me from your elite circle? i completed half life 2... (Definatley more subtle plot IMHO) and i cba to do anymore.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service