Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Not so nice vacation >

Not so nice vacation

Not so nice vacation

Old 05-31-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Angry Not so nice vacation

Well where do I begin? My wife went on vacation down to Mexico. Paid for by her company for working her butt off. Anyways, on her first day there, out of 5, she gets 2nd degree sunburn on her thighs, chest, back and upper arms. Blisters up and all so she has to go to the doctors in Mexico. After spending $140 for the visit and meds, she goes back to the room at the Hilton Hotel. Comes to find that someone stole all her jewelry. Wedding ring that came from my parents, pearl necklace and bracelet I got while in Doha, Qatar, white gold necklace with other rings and ear rings. I know what you are saying, why did she take stuff like that? It was a holiday/conference for her business. Some of the dinners are smart dress only so she was going to go kitted up. Not now. This is why I'm putting up stuff for sale in the forum. Our insurance will only comp us 1,000 for the lose. Grand total was over 3K worth of stuff. I'm just glad she was wearing the 500.00 watch that I got her for Christmas. So if you can look at my for sale stuff, I'd appreciate it very much. I want to help regain her lose without her knowing. If you don't know me, I'm overseas military and been a single parent for a week while she's gone. 2 sick kids and one dog is hard work. How do single parents do it?? Does anyone know if the Hilton can be held responsible? It's at Los Cabos Mexico.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Man thats terrible, I'm sory to hear about that.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Man, i feel for you. Looking after 2 kids at night on your own is hard enough but for the length you did it in? hat goes off to you bud.

My best advice it take it up with the directors of the company's (Im serious) keep all the reciepts and log everything down. Take it as high as you need to. Im not sure what your expectations are but looks like they should cough up for the inconvenience. GL with that.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:20 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Sounds like an inside job. It takes a card swipe to get in I think?
And I don't think they will be held liable unless you check the jewelry into there safe. I'm surprised there weren't any cameras in the hall ways?
Man she had a heck of a time. Hope her burns get better.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm sorry you guys went through that. And about her jewelry that is really messed up. Hope everything works out. I'll look into your stuff in the for sale boards.
Old 06-02-2007, 09:05 AM
Tech Regular

Default Sorry about that!!

Yeah sorry to hear that man, probably one of the cleaning people.