Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Favorite turbo car? >

Favorite turbo car?

Favorite turbo car?

Old 05-09-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Always wanted a twin turbo supra.

Had an 89 civic turbo charged in the early 90's but kept blowing head gaskets since the fuel systems at the time were pretty expensive so I had to rely on an upgraded fuel pump and and boost sensitive fuel regulator which IMO doesn't cut it when you try to pump more that 8PSI with stock compression. lol
Old 05-09-2007, 03:10 PM
kyosho_driver

this is what i want subaru wrx sti 700 hp heres the link

http://www.xcceleration.com/sti.gt35.race2.kit.htm

Old 05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by shawn17
Yeah is it a 454 at least?

What about Jay Lino's twin turbo Tornado?
Nope, just a 396... I drive it like a grandma anyway.... I drive the Volvo faster than I do my Chevelle or Vette... Hahahaha.....
Old 05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Nope, just a 396... I drive it like a grandma anyway.... I drive the Volvo faster than I do my Chevelle or Vette... Hahahaha.....

I'm just the type of guy that like's big or turbo 4cyl. engens and if my car has power I like to use it lol. Well I can kinda understand why you drive it slow.......gas price's are bad right now in Ohio so I'm sure they are there.

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Had an 89 civic turbo charged in the early 90's but kept blowing head gaskets since the fuel systems at the time were pretty expensive so I had to rely on an upgraded fuel pump and and boost sensitive fuel regulator which IMO doesn't cut it when you try to pump more that 8PSIwith stock compression. lol
Here you go Francis lol

Old 05-09-2007, 07:04 PM
Tech Elite

I'm just the type of guy that like's big or turbo 4cyl. engens and if my car has power I like to use it lol. Well I can kinda understand why you drive it slow.......gas price's are bad right now in Ohio so I'm sure they are there.

If I break something it's not like I can go to the local Pep Boys for a part... My insurance is very cheap because I have a collectors policy and I don't ever want to have to make a claim on it... I do play from stop light to stop light but probably never pass 60....

If the cars were still a dime a dozen but not when replacing could take many month of searching and 30k plus....

Now, my wife gets annoyed when she looks over and the speedo is 90 plus... hahahaha....
Old 05-09-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Here you go Francis lol

[/QUOTE]

In hind sight it was a waste of time since it was Fwd but Honda engines were so easy to get after market parts for. Honda did bring back a lot to the import scene especially back in the early 90's.

I take it you are into DSM's since all the fastest ones were from the midwest but also the ugliest. lol
Old 05-09-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
If I break something it's not like I can go to the local Pep Boys for a part... My insurance is very cheap because I have a collectors policy and I don't ever want to have to make a claim on it... I do play from stop light to stop light but probably never pass 60....

If the cars were still a dime a dozen but not when replacing could take many month of searching and 30k plus....

Now, my wife gets annoyed when she looks over and the speedo is 90 plus... hahahaha....
Yeah I understand that. I don't see many Chevelle's arond anymore so I can see not trying to risk anything I'd love to race you light to light in a AWD DSM lol great launch.

In hind sight it was a waste of time since it was Fwd but Honda engines were so easy to get after market parts for. Honda did bring back a lot to the import scene especially back in the early 90's.

I take it you are into DSM's since all the fastest ones were from the midwest but also the ugliest. lol
Yep you got it I am a DSM person I'm planing on owning one soon(as soon as my R/C projects are done) I have met John Shepherd (he owns the fastest AWD DSM at 7.40 something and 190 something odd MPH in the 1/4) DSM's are still a big thing around here and still some of the fastest cars on the road.
The same reason you owned a Honda is the same reason I don't like them everyone has them so does every Mexican(and I'm not racist so don't think it). Also alot of people here in Columbus do not like DSM's with wing's and all the flashy stuff on them, in fact it is frowned upon. And the FWD thing you are right about on take off your done no grip at all, but on the other hand on freeway or above 50-60 MPH they are faster than a RWD or AWD and about 90% of all your race's happen on the freeway, so I would say there you had an advantage.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well since I drive one and had it passed down to me does that make me a pussy?

(PS i have outdragged many a GTO(Recent version) in it)
Old 05-10-2007, 11:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ford_racing
Well since I drive one and had it passed down to me does that make me a pussy?

(PS i have outdragged many a GTO(Recent version) in it)

LOL Yeah, I thought you was a Ford man?
Old 05-10-2007, 01:17 PM
Team Tekin

Uh......I'm not sure what to think about that, since I drive an Acura....Pretty much a Honda, says Honda Motor Co. Right on the valve cover....well, it'll be fast enough when I'm done with it!
Old 05-10-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Uh......I'm not sure what to think about that, since I drive an Acura....Pretty much a Honda, says Honda Motor Co. Right on the valve cover....well, it'll be fast enough when I'm done with it!
FWD and it's still a Honda.
Old 05-10-2007, 01:35 PM
Team Tekin

So?
Old 05-10-2007, 02:12 PM
Tech Elite

So?
Putting power though the two front wheel's just don't work that well, on freeway sure, take off no. That's one more reason Honda's suck they don't make AWD or even RWD thees day's.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:18 PM
Team Tekin

S2000.

I'm gonna refrain from arguing about car choice....I got a 3000GT I can use to brag about then...It's AWD/AWS, faaaaaaaaast.
Old 05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

S2000.

I'm gonna refrain from arguing about car choice....I got a 3000GT I can use to brag about then...It's AWD/AWS, faaaaaaaaast.

Ehh my bad I forgot about the S2000.

3000GT now your talking!!!!......If you have a 3000GT why do you need a Acura?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service