Jewish Racers

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dawgmeat
why does does it matter? just race
dawgmeat,

I hear you my man, that is why we have SEGREGATION with our human brothers, with statement like those people like this should not live in the USA.....
Old 04-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Racist racers?
Old 04-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Wow, I didn't know that some words we use almost day to day are Yiddish origin.
Yiddish=german ebonics . In any event, what does it matter the race or religion, just drive. Lets not start the religious/race/ethnic divide on this forum!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
dawgmeat,

I hear you my man, that is why we have SEGREGATION with our human brothers, with statement like those people like this should not live in the USA.....
You couldnt be more wrong. He is just plainly stating, who cares what your religion you are or what your background is, just race. If dude wants to reach out to people of his religious background, I am positive there are forums for that. There is enuf rift as far as who drives what type of vehicle, lets not get get into the other stuff. Next thing you know, it'll be who is a Seventh day adventist, who is a buddhist, hari kristna....c'mon!
Old 04-25-2007, 10:58 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bxpitbull
You couldnt be more wrong. He is just plainly stating, who cares what your religion you are or what your background is, just race. If dude wants to reach out to people of his religious background, I am positive there are forums for that. There is enuf rift as far as who drives what type of vehicle, lets not get get into the other stuff. Next thing you know, it'll be who is a Seventh day adventist, who is a buddhist, hari kristna....c'mon!
Now there you go with the word wrong. This is nothing to do with RELIGIOUS background, words have more to do with it, and if you don't think the way you put your words have any to do with it then in stead of( looking for Jewish racers), with that in my eyes that is SEGREGATION, now if it was I am Jewish and on Friday sundown to Saturday sundown is my Sabbath and I am not able to race on those days then I might see it in another light..... but then again he said Jewish racers and that in my eyes is SEGREGATION and SEGREGATION is why we have wars.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
Anyone know if Jimmy Jacobson races anymore? Is he still with Tamiya?
Yes and Yes. You buddies with him?
Old 04-25-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

I have been watching this thread and haven't felt the desire to post until now. I am not Jewish but have enjoyed reading the information that has been shared and have actually learned some things about the Jewish religion that I did not know. The whole intent on this thread was for an R/C car enthusiast to find other people that share his same beliefs. He did not state he can't race with anyone that does not share his views but he is looking to find others that he can relate to. If any of you believe this is segregation then you should not participate in brand specific threads either as that leaves out people that don't use the same brand car, battery, motor, tires, speed controller etc as you do. The whole intention is to bring people together that share similar interests whether it be commoradory between racers that race certain types of R/C cars, share the same religion, or live in a certain area. You find "friendships" in people that you have things in common with and he is reaching out to find people that share his same religious beliefs. Not only has he reached out to find those that share his beliefs but now he has opened the eyes of many! What a great thing to accomplish. I hope you find other Jewish racers and it seems many new friends as well.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:28 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Don't let this thread start going wild. The main thing is we all doing a hobby we like no matter what color, race, religion, or any other thing we could be. Everyone will have differing opinions on this but we should keep it civil.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Well pinhead, while what you are saying has validity, you directed it at the wrong individual. You should have directed that post at the originator of this thread, not at someone who is pretty much in agreeance with you..dumb ass!
Old 04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PMRGirl
I have been watching this thread and haven't felt the desire to post until now. I am not Jewish but have enjoyed reading the information that has been shared and have actually learned some things about the Jewish religion that I did not know. The whole intent on this thread was for an R/C car enthusiast to find other people that share his same beliefs. He did not state he can't race with anyone that does not share his views but he is looking to find others that he can relate to. If any of you believe this is segregation then you should not participate in brand specific threads either as that leaves out people that don't use the same brand car, battery, motor, tires, speed controller etc as you do. The whole intention is to bring people together that share similar interests whether it be commoradory between racers that race certain types of R/C cars, share the same religion, or live in a certain area. You find "friendships" in people that you have things in common with and he is reaching out to find people that share his same religious beliefs. Not only has he reached out to find those that share his beliefs but now he has opened the eyes of many! What a great thing to accomplish. I hope you find other Jewish racers and it seems many new friends as well.
well said, bravo

amazing how a simple question gets turned into crap, isn't it.
Old 04-25-2007, 11:54 AM
Tech Legend

Hey !

Where da

White Algo Saxon Protestant Racer`s thread at ?
Old 04-25-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
well said, bravo

amazing how a simple question gets turned into crap, isn't it.
That question should be posted elsewhere. Can you imagine if someone asked where are the skinheads, aryan brotherhood, hey, where are my atheists, yo, who else is a black panther????.....freedom of speech is just that. Can you imagine the backlash if any of the above was asked? It isnt a simple question, its a question that should be asked someplace else...period.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Leodis
Jesus doesn't mind if I race on Sunday. Heck, he even pits for me sometimes.
Leodis: That's great you feel that connection with your savior. I race with many friends who feel like you and its great to see how people of different races and backgrounds come together and race and share with one another. An your are right! That's because Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi, who also rested and observed Shabbat (7th day, day of rest according to God and Torah)...check out Luke 4:18 in the New Testament. Sunday is the first day of the week, and G-d doesnt ask of us Jews to rest on this day, so its the beginning of the week for us, and work/play is allowed.

Last edited by yyhayyim; 04-25-2007 at 01:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2007, 01:29 PM
Tech Master

Hey yyhayyim, let it go. Religion does not need to be discussed in an rc forum. Dont open pandoras box, you might regret it!
Old 04-25-2007, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by Mutabarucka
dawgmeat,

I want to apologize to all you who have been offended by any of my comments. I have never intended to hurt anyone. This is a thread i started in an attempt to learn and connect with other Jews like me and share our experiences and help one another. If you are not Jewish, or dislike Judaism or jews, or dont want this forum on RCTECH, you are not obligated to enter and share/comment. No one is forcing you read this specific thread, just like you are not obligated to read/enter an offroad thread. And again, this thread has never been about religion. Its about me, a Hasidic Jew, who is looking for fellow Jews to connect and establish relationships....I have been asked questions, and I have tried to answer them as best as possible, and everything was going smooth...dont know what the problem is...

BXPITBULL: I'll deal with your comments, soon...take a few laps with your pro4 and calm down abit- you're misinterpreting things...we'll talk and hopefully we can clear up what ever is bothering you...shalom

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service