Jewish Racers

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2007, 06:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicagokenji
"Shabbas is the Jewish day of rest. That means that I don't work, I don't get in a car, I don't pick up the phone, I don't turn on the oven, and I sure as sh*t don't f**king roll!"

LMAO...

All time top 5 favorite.

Whats this day of rest S***.. whats this bullS***.. I dont F******* care... it dont matter to Jesus... I was going to F**** you in the **** Saturday.... I F**** you next wednesday instead... WHOOOOOOWEEEEE you got a big date wednesday baby....

Classic
Old 04-24-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by vtl1180ny
Oy, doesn't it get Hot down there in the usual Hasid wardrobe?
THe Hasidic wardrobe is for casual everyday business. Its meant to instill in the person who wears them a sense of modesty and respect. Much like going to work in a nice suit, vs., going to work in shorts and sandals...however, when going to a park to shoot some hoops, play football, soccer, etc, we dress accordingly- sports clothes...if you're a mechanic and work at mechanic shop, you wear youre mechanic wardrobe, etc...I hope you get point.
Old 04-24-2007, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

...that being said does any of the jewish laws effect your racing. where you buy stuff? has a race been held on a day you couldn't run due to religious obligations? just wondering[/QUOTE]

Well, its defenitely hard when races are set up on weekends. Most events are run with qual rounds on saturdays, and then mains on Sundays. For me, I cannot run quals on Saturdays, since our G-d asks of us to take time out from our weekday activities, and dedicate the 7th day(Friday night to Saturday night), and rest on that day from labor/work related activities, and instead celebrate the day of rest by having 3 nice meals with our family, and going to the synagogue to pray and thank G-d for the day of rest, and take time to study and spend it with the family. So we just practice during the week, and race on Sundays. However, by that time quals are over, so if its race, then I am enjoying the racing...if not I take the time to practice and have fun...
Old 04-24-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vc05hdt
Is there a glossary to refer to when you use your Jewish phrases? Amusing just trying to figure out what you are talking about
Those are mostly Yiddish phrases- Yiddish is a dialect the Jews that were raised in European countries or their decendants today learned. Not to be confused with Hebrew, the official languague of the Torah and the Jewish poeple, known as the holy tongue/language- that's what we speak and learn in Israel and our everyday prayer and learning. However, for those Jews that grew up in European contries or are descendants of them, these Jews also developed a dialect for everyday speaking, which came to be called "Yiddish"(trans.= jewish)...
Old 04-24-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
LMAO...

All time top 5 favorite.

Whats this day of rest S***.. whats this bullS***.. I dont F******* care... it dont matter to Jesus... I was going to F**** you in the **** Saturday.... I F**** you next wednesday instead... WHOOOOOOWEEEEE you got a big date wednesday baby....

Classic
You need more "Shalom in the Home"...
Old 04-24-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Default J. Jacobson

Anyone know if Jimmy Jacobson races anymore? Is he still with Tamiya?
Old 04-24-2007, 07:04 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Very interesting Yohan. Its a nice insight into your beliefs and what it is all about. Whike with some friends going to a race in NJ I saw for the first time a group of Hassidic Jews. I have to say I didn't understand why they all wore the clothing they did, especially since it was almost 100 degrees out and very high humidity. I thought to my self wow those guys must be roasting with those trench coats on and long pants. I know just looking I thought I was going to have heat stroke.

Not a hugely religious person but it is cool to read your answers to the questions posted to you as it lets me understand alot more now.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:05 PM
Tech Elite

This is more culture than I'm used to on rctech.
Old 04-24-2007, 07:15 PM

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If you guys want, I would support your getting a club forum like The International Racing Team or RC Racers For Christ. If you are interested, PM me, and I will see about getting this thread moved and have a club forum opened for you. Good to have you guys here.

I visited Israel the summer of 1996 and rather enjoyed it. All the way from Dan to Beersheba. I had to have coffee every chance that I got. Loved Tiberias and the whole Galilee area. I enjoyed the tour in the tunnel along the Western Wall.

Cmotif
Old 04-24-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Addict

My wife is Jewish, so that makes me "Jew-ish." December is a great month - I get to participate in both gift receiving holidays!

-Rich
Old 04-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cmotif
If you guys want, I would support your getting a club forum like The International Racing Team or RC Racers For Christ. If you are interested, PM me, and I will see about getting this thread moved and have a club forum opened for you. Good to have you guys here.

I visited Israel the summer of 1996 and rather enjoyed it. All the way from Dan to Beersheba. I had to have coffee every chance that I got. Loved Tiberias and the whole Galilee area. I enjoyed the tour in the tunnel along the Western Wall.

Cmotif
Thanks Cmotif- just PM with directions on how to get it started...
Old 04-24-2007, 08:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

My wife is Jewish, so that makes me "Jew-ish." December is a great month - I get to participate in both gift receiving holidays!
So this means you celebrate Christmakah?
Old 04-24-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Adept

Oy vay!

Vat a schmozzle!!

Any vay...may da Schvartz be vitch yu!

Last edited by WinnipegRacer; 04-24-2007 at 09:58 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-25-2007, 06:40 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by scottwk1
So this means you celebrate Christmakah?
LOL - you got it, Seth Cohen!

-Rich
Old 04-25-2007, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Jesus doesn't mind if I race on Sunday. Heck, he even pits for me sometimes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service