R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 04-15-2007, 04:06 PM   #91
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
My promod as a roller is 2oz. lighter than a GMS 11. That is why I built it. The car is completely legal too.
Which one is your promod?
paul73rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #92
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul73rc
How many cars do you own? lol... If you can that would be more of a help. As for the drag car I am building is 100% homebuilt besides the wheels and electrics. The chassis is home built, the motor mounts, everything. Also the axles. I will try and post some pics of it once I got the rear wheels on. Paul
I sold alot of my cars, But I still have too many. AND many more to come. If I wasn't so busy and lazy when I have the time, I can build a car from scratch but too many hobbies so little time and not enough money...
Old 04-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #93
Tech Addict

Quote:
Which one is your promod?
The one I just posted the pics of. on the GMS rail chassis with the 63 promod body. Thats my promod for racing this year. It's 100% legal for the electric promod class.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #94
Tech Regular

Quote:
I sold alot of my cars, But I still have too many. AND many more to come. If I wasn't so busy and lazy when I have the time, I can build a car from scratch but too many hobbies so little time and not enough money...
So did I, I sold 10 the other day. All different ones too. Now I'm down to 16. So yeh I still have a fair bit!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #95
Tech Regular

Quote:
The one I just posted the pics of. on the GMS rail chassis with the 63 promod body. Thats my promod for racing this year. It's 100% legal for the electric promod class.
Thats excellent to have a car that good and be legal. I believe it must be fast. What motor are you running? Is it brushless?
Old 04-15-2007, 04:12 PM   #96
Tech Addict

Quote:
So did I, I sold 10 the other day. All different ones too. Now I'm down to 16. So yeh I still have a fair bit!
I know the feeling...
Old 04-15-2007, 04:15 PM   #97
Tech Regular

Quote:
I know the feeling...
What motor are you running in the GMS? Is it brushless?
Old 04-15-2007, 04:17 PM   #98
Tech Regular

Quote:
I have a street beater drag car too on 7 cells I can help you set that up too for the street to bust some @ss if anyone calls you out.
Set what up? Set my drag car like your 7cell street beater?
Old 04-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #99
Tech Addict

Quote:
Thats excellent to have a car that good and be legal. I believe it must be fast. What motor are you running? Is it brushless?
It's a RAE 6magnet can with a 8x2 turn. Drag motor. I built it up too and it should go some where in the 1.7s not tuned, once the motor is tuned I should go in the mid to low 1.6s. Maybe faster. I will find out once the body gets painted and the wing put on. I'm aimming to get the car to come in at 44oz. If I get the car that light I will going fast. I'm at 47oz. now. I still have to change out the servos and shave abit more weight off.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #100
Tech Addict

Quote:
Set what up? Set my drag car like your 7cell street beater?
Well if you want to set up your car for the street, I have a nice set up for street racing. I can help you go fast on 6-7 cells too.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:22 PM   #101
Tech Regular

Quote:
It's a RAE 6magnet can with a 8x2 turn. Drag motor. I built it up too and it should go some where in the 1.7s not tuned, once the motor is tuned I should go in the mid to low 1.6s. Maybe faster. I will find out once the body gets painted and the wing put on. I'm aimming to get the car to come in at 44oz. If I get the car that light I will going fast. I'm at 47oz. now. I still have to change out the servos and shave abit more weight off.
It's amazing how serious people are into it. I get serious for my nitro cars so I can imagine how serious you are right now and how annoying it can get at times. Let me know in the future how you go for the weight!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:25 PM   #102
Tech Regular

Quote:
Well if you want to set up your car for the street, I have a nice set up for street racing. I can help you go fast on 6-7 cells too.
What setup do you have? What is it that makes it fast? I wouldn't mind going fast on a 6 or 7 cell. Do you have any pics? Sorry to hassle you about pics. lol Thanks
Old 04-15-2007, 04:27 PM   #103
Tech Addict

Quote:
It's amazing how serious people are into it. I get serious for my nitro cars so I can imagine how serious you are right now and how annoying it can get at times. Let me know in the future how you go for the weight!
I'm serious about this hobby, nitro or electric it doesn't matter to me. I just favor my electrics because when set up properly electric is faster than nitro pound for pound. As for my promod it's looking like it should come in once everything is done it should be and honest 45-46oz. Lets see what happens...
Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM   #104
Tech Regular

Quote:
I'm serious about this hobby, nitro or electric it doesn't matter to me. I just favor my electrics because when set up properly electric is faster than nitro pound for pound. As for my promod it's looking like it should come in once everything is done it should be and honest 45-46oz. Lets see what happens...
Yes, I know electric is faster than nitro!
Old 04-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #105
Tech Addict

Quote:
What setup do you have? What is it that makes it fast? I wouldn't mind going fast on a 6 or 7 cell. Do you have any pics? Sorry to hassle you about pics. lol Thanks
Well I just took my camaro you see in my avatar and took out the 14 cell set up and put it down to 7 cells. It's a set up that I used in my TC3 to bust a whole bunch of nitro and electric @sses in drag racing. Yes, I have a TC3 I drag race too it's my sleeper for the big mouths who think they have fast cars.