project i got yesterday.... anyone got any parts for one of these
What plans you have for this car???
Old 04-12-2007, 08:50 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul73rc
I don't want to put suspension.

If you could draw some up that would be a big help.

Thankyou so much, Paul
it'll cost ya

j/k lol. I'll have a go at it, and PM you the JPG's, and i'll ask my dt teacher nicely if i can borrow the 22,000 ($45,000 ish!) laser cutter to make it. now to *cough* acquire *cough* some 2d design software.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:16 AM   #64
Tech Elite

anyone know the rough dimensions of a pan car? front width, rear width, length, height etc.
Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 AM   #65
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe of loath
anyone know the rough dimensions of a pan car? front width, rear width, length, height etc.
1/10 scale is about 265 mm wheelbase, front track width around 210mm, rear around 220-230mm. About 65mm high at the wheels and 90mm at the top of the rear spoiler, but that is bound to vary.

The narrow ones are touring car width, around 190mm
Iceracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 09:47 AM   #66
Tech Elite

thankyou, incredibly useful.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:37 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
this is a perfect thread for mlp
ROFLMAO
Old 04-12-2007, 11:13 AM   #68
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Diff gear housing

Hi All

I was hoping someone could help me. I want to make a 8 wheel drive vehicle and need diff housings with 2 output shafts. I would like to use the housing from the AE TC 3/4 series cars, but I don't have a machine shop. Any links would be a big help.

Thanks Rodney
TMHippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:36 AM   #69
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMHippo
Hi All

I was hoping someone could help me. I want to make a 8 wheel drive vehicle and need diff housings with 2 output shafts. I would like to use the housing from the AE TC 3/4 series cars, but I don't have a machine shop. Any links would be a big help.

Thanks Rodney
Is it going to be a truck or car??? The 8 wheel drive thing sounds cool. AND FYI you don't need a machine shop to make a home made car or truck, I use a dremel tool and basic tools to fab up parts you don't need a machine shop to make your visions come true just be creative with the tools you have. But having a dremel tool you can do wonders. Just don't lose a finger in the process. Safety first. All my projects and other project that I have helped others with in the past we never used machine shop to make our parts. But a friend of mine use to machine his own parts because he bought his own equipment but he's been out the game doing bigger things for himself. He dissappeared his career took off he got married and R/C's for him is a thing of the past. He would of been a good help here. He built some sick 6 wheel drive trucks and he built a nice pan car and a txt1 that ran 48mph brushless he fabbed alot of parts for that beast. But the best thing to do is draw out your plans and go step by step and if you can't fab up your own parts, modifiy existing production parts. Just be creative and before you know it your creation will come to life. Take Care...
Old 04-13-2007, 11:09 AM   #70
Tech Elite

if anyone want a copy of my draft chassis plans just pm me. i''' draw them up properly when autocad err finishes...
Old 04-13-2007, 02:46 PM   #71
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe of loath
if anyone want a copy of my draft chassis plans just pm me. i''' draw them up properly when autocad err finishes...
Attach them on here so everyone could see them.
Old 04-13-2007, 06:03 PM   #72
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Hi guys,
I have started to build my homemade drag car based on the Grandmotorsports chassis, GMS Dragster. I have finished the front end which took me about 2hours yesterday. I am now starting the back end. I am about to make the motor mounts and attach the wheels to the chassis. However, I am stuck on the part with the gears. What gears should I put? Does anyone know? Also I was thinking of moving the rear axle about 4 inches forward so the batteries would fit at the back so when I press the throttle the front end will lift. I am only making this drag car for fun and looks, not to drag in competitions.

Thanks
paul73rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:09 PM   #73
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
Hey Paul73RC, I will try to post up some pics. of my homebuilt Grandmotorsports based promod chassis. The car is complete just the body needs paint but I built it to run in the E-Town dragracing event in july. The car use to be a rail-dragster cut down to an a 11-inch wheelbase and so far I'm just under 48oz. with 10 cells complete with all electrics and body and a 7-inch wheelie bar and normally the other guys are coming in at 50oz. and up running hard numbers!!! And I'm still cutting more weight off the car, My car will be fast but the car is good for running 1.7s on the 132ft. If I go faster then that will be great. There's guy's running in the 1.5s in the high 80 mph. I would like to run in the low 1.6s once I tune the timing on the motor and drop a little more weight off the car I should be going FAST. I will be happy at 44-46oz. before the E-Town event. Also to make you car legal go to rc rods.com and check out the rule book and decide what class you want your car to run in. Take Care...
I have started to build my homemade drag car based on the Grandmotorsports Dragster. I have finished the front end which took me about 2hours yesterday. I am now starting the back end. I am about to make the motor mounts and attach the wheels to the chassis. However, I am stuck on the part with the gears. What gears should I put? Also I was thinking of moving the rear axle about 4 inches forward so the batteries would fit at the back so when I press the throttle the front end will lift. I am only making this drag car for fun and looks, not to drag in competitions.

Also could you post some pics of your drag car on here?

Thanks, P.S Do you have any suggestions for my GMS Dragster based chassis
Old 04-14-2007, 07:16 AM   #74
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul73rc
I have started to build my homemade drag car based on the Grandmotorsports Dragster. I have finished the front end which took me about 2hours yesterday. I am now starting the back end. I am about to make the motor mounts and attach the wheels to the chassis. However, I am stuck on the part with the gears. What gears should I put? Also I was thinking of moving the rear axle about 4 inches forward so the batteries would fit at the back so when I press the throttle the front end will lift. I am only making this drag car for fun and looks, not to drag in competitions.

Also could you post some pics of your drag car on here?

Thanks, P.S Do you have any suggestions for my GMS Dragster based chassis
I will help you. I will posts some pics. on my home built GMS based drag car so you can see the set up. I will post them up tonite.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #75
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
I will help you. I will posts some pics. on my home built GMS based drag car so you can see the set up. I will post them up tonite.
Hey,

I made the motor mounts, attached them to the car, installed the motor and it's all coming together. I was thinking of using a 48p 16t Pinion and a 48p 90t Spur so it wouldn't have too much strain on the motor. Then I'll see how it goes and move up a little.

Now,
How do I make a rear axle???

I have finished the whole car besides the rear axle and I don't know how to make one. I need to make one so it goes through the motor mounts, hold the wheels and also hold the gear. How did you do yours?

Thanks for your help