R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge

Old 04-10-2007, 05:36 PM   #46
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (78%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trjracing
Here is my RX7 pro import on a sports 2 chassis. This car now belongs to my cousin in Fl.
Do you have pics of the chassis? If so can you post some? Thanks
paul73rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2007, 05:44 PM   #47
Tech Regular

Quote:
Here is my Front-wheel drive Pro Stock HPI Sports 2 chassis with front wheel steering. It is 12 cells. This is my favorite out of all of my home built cars.
Now this car is different. Is the front end the one with the fat tyres not the runners? If so isn't it better to have the front end with the runners? Is that why you made it so it is different?
Old 04-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #48
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul73rc
Now this car I like. The body and wheels couldn't look any better! By the way did it sell on eBay?
Thanks,Yes it sold on ebay for $99.00 I'm just waiting for the e-check to clear.
Old 04-10-2007, 07:05 PM   #49
Tech Addict

Quote:
Now this car is different. Is the front end the one with the fat tyres not the runners? If so isn't it better to have the front end with the runners? Is that why you made it so it is different?
I used the back end of the car as the front end to give it the full front wheel drive look. The car was completed in the summer of 2003. I had to work the bugs out of it and once I got it to track strate it was a fun and different to drive. I made it to go against the grain in drag racing I just wanted to be different at the track then guys started to copy it at the track with a nitro version but my cousin already beat them to that on too he had the first nitro fwd prostock before anyone else. Since I have a passion for dragracing and import draggers I figure why not build something a bit different for everyone else at the track. Even if it wasn't the fastest thing out there but dam it sure got alot of attention The guys were going nuts on the set up. If I ever decide to build another one it would be better than this one. The car was fun. But trying to put 12cell power to the pavement was a bit challenging for me. I thought using a spool would help, nope it made it harder to drive because it made it harder to steer so the open diff was the way to go and close the diff up so there wouldn't be too much torque roll. But over all it was fun to build and fun to drive after figuring out the set up that worked the best for me and the character of the car. Sometimes it isn't just put together and go, I wish it was that easy. But I hope to see the other guys cars and there creations. Guy's keep them pictures coming in show us what you are building in your labs. TAKE CARE GUY'S AND THANK YOU FOR THE FEEDBACK...
Old 04-11-2007, 06:05 AM   #50
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey,
What do you mean by the steering needs to be laser cut? Also have you got any pics of the 1/16th or the 1/14th as I wouldn't mind seeing them.
Thanks, Paul
lol they're so crap your eyes would melt into little puddles of slush... but ok when i get on my other pc i'll upload. the steering needs to be laser cut (ie on a laser cutter - servo controlled high power laser in a box ) becasue it needs to be precision made, otherwise the car goes in circles
Old 04-11-2007, 09:08 AM   #51
Tech Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to trx1
Arrow

project i got yesterday.... anyone got any parts for one of these
Attached Images
File Type: jpg '91sport 1.jpg (12.5 KB, 1510 views)
trx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:37 AM   #52
Tech Regular

The front end can use AE steering knuckles and springs. The only troublesome part is likely to be the rear diff/axel. If worse comes to worse I'm pretty sure IRS could make one for you. Don
DLS II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 09:48 AM   #53
Tech Rookie

trjracing - do you have any pictures of the FWD dragster? (top view, bottom view, rear view, wheel off view, etc.)? I tried making a FWD RS4 Sport a few years back and couldn't figure out how to get the front wheels to steer without doing direct steering off a servo mounted on the bumper, so I'm really curious to see how you did this. Did you get a lot of steering, as much as a regular touring car would?
720 spin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2007, 10:47 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 720 spin
trjracing - do you have any pictures of the FWD dragster? (top view, bottom view, rear view, wheel off view, etc.)? I tried making a FWD RS4 Sport a few years back and couldn't figure out how to get the front wheels to steer without doing direct steering off a servo mounted on the bumper, so I'm really curious to see how you did this. Did you get a lot of steering, as much as a regular touring car would?
The picture is up on the first page on this thread, If you need help setting it up let me know pm me and we take things from there the steering isn't that hard to do but I will guide you but sent some pictures of your car so I can see what needs to be done I am glad to help you. I may have some more pictures of the fwd prostock, I just have to check my picture folder. There is a couple of ways to do the steering and the way I did it I had a good amount of throw. Just post up some pictures and we take it from there. The steering servo I used was a HS-81MG. Its small and strong.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:56 AM   #55
Tech Regular

Hey guys!

Does anyone out there have some basic plans or ideas on how to build a home made rc car???

I was thinking of a pan car or a drag car! Something that has a basic chassis, rear wheel drive, etc.

If you do can you post some on here as I wouldn't mind building one.

Thanks
Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 AM   #56
Tech Regular

Quote:
Thanks,Yes it sold on ebay for $99.00 I'm just waiting for the e-check to clear.
Hey there, hows it going?

I thought you might be the person to ask!

Do you have some basic plans or ideas on how to build a home made drag car? Something with a basic chassis, rear wheel drive etc.

I have some plywood and timber bases that are about 80 - 100cm long (can be cut down to size) and 40 - 100mm thick. I also have a pice of plastic that is about 50mm thick which I thought would be good for the motor mounts. I have all the electronics. All I need help on is the rear and front. (Steering and the axle)

Thanks, Paul
Old 04-12-2007, 03:54 AM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Hey guys!

Does anyone out there have some basic plans or ideas on how to build a home made rc car???

I was thinking of a pan car or a drag car! Something that has a basic chassis, rear wheel drive, etc.

If you do can you post some on here as I wouldn't mind building one.

Thanks
if it has no suspension i could draw some up. if you want suspension then i can't. i'm not good enough.
Old 04-12-2007, 04:02 AM   #58
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe of loath
if it has no suspension i could draw some up. if you want suspension then i can't. i'm not good enough.
I don't want to put suspension.

If you could draw some up that would be a big help.

Thankyou so much, Paul
Old 04-12-2007, 06:11 AM   #59
Tech Addict

Quote:
Hey there, hows it going?

I thought you might be the person to ask!

Do you have some basic plans or ideas on how to build a home made drag car? Something with a basic chassis, rear wheel drive etc.

I have some plywood and timber bases that are about 80 - 100cm long (can be cut down to size) and 40 - 100mm thick. I also have a pice of plastic that is about 50mm thick which I thought would be good for the motor mounts. I have all the electronics. All I need help on is the rear and front. (Steering and the axle)

Thanks, Paul
Try going to team walbern.com, Grandmotorsports.com they have all the drag accessories you need to build up your own drag car. You can go to rcdrags.com and try the swap shop and see if you can catch a deal with used items. How many cells you plan on running? And once you get the car built I can link you to great drag motors and set ups. I am willing to help you. If you have any other questions pm me. Take Care...
Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 AM   #60
Tech Addict

Hey Paul73RC, I will try to post up some pics. of my homebuilt Grandmotorsports based promod chassis. The car is complete just the body needs paint but I built it to run in the E-Town dragracing event in july. The car use to be a rail-dragster cut down to an a 11-inch wheelbase and so far I'm just under 48oz. with 10 cells complete with all electrics and body and a 7-inch wheelie bar and normally the other guys are coming in at 50oz. and up running hard numbers!!! And I'm still cutting more weight off the car, My car will be fast but the car is good for running 1.7s on the 132ft. If I go faster then that will be great. There's guy's running in the 1.5s in the high 80 mph. I would like to run in the low 1.6s once I tune the timing on the motor and drop a little more weight off the car I should be going FAST. I will be happy at 44-46oz. before the E-Town event. Also to make you car legal go to rc rods.com and check out the rule book and decide what class you want your car to run in. Take Care...