God and Country

Old 03-16-2007, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robot
Funny you call all the ppl terroist seems to me that in the Vietnam conflict they were doing much the same and they weren't called terrorists, your on another countries soil uninvited and your not the invaders, you go over there with mutli million dollar weaponery against a ppl with very little and cause there not playing the way the US would like it there terrorist. The US bring alot of this crap on themselves by playing world police which there not. Everybody in there right mind know it had nothing to do with 911 or WMD but is all over the OIL, Same with Afganistan the Russians were there for 10yrs and walked away, what makes the US the supreme force to make things right where others have failed, seem it's to use up all the arms stockpile you guy's have horded over the years that have been collecting dust, The sooner Bush and his loyal band of followers are out of power the better,

Give it a rest. Easy for you to say all that.
Old 03-16-2007, 06:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Wow robot.

If I felt the way you did I don't think I'd represent myself with an avatar of an American cartoon character in an army helmet. You're sending mixed signals mate.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:51 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

You couldn't say that in Iraq. We have to finish what we started. Right or wrong we are there, and to the Iraqi's we are hope. It can be twisted any way whether we should be there or not. The fact remains we are there. Right now I think we need to give the Iraqis some back bone and help them to build there own military to better stabilize the country. As far as battles we have been pretty nice, when we can be so much meaner and you can believe that. Take the gloves of and see what happens. The Iraqis really don't have any thing to live for. I mean like you don't see a child running home to save his puppy. Or a little girl cuddling with a cute kitty. We are giving the Iraqis some thing to live for, they have a voice that can be heard. The children are the future. We have started a chain of events that will mature itself. Or not, history will tell. As of now we are there to enforce against the adolescents that would rather repress a people. And its obvious that there are terrorist there right? Look at like a plant you have to keep it watered. We're just keeping it watered. I believe the world will be safer. I also believe that to stop people from coming into our country is a good Idea, Although very strict and thorough screen should be done to those who choose to come here. I would like to see the ones who have made it here to be able to stay, I would not like to take there dreams of a better way of life away from them or there children. And profiling should be used to better protect our country. On another note we are at the door step to a country that has bold face said death to the US. And are currently claiming the right to nuclear power. I guess with all the revenue they get from oil, its the only alternative? All that revenue and they still want to kill Americans? With all the wealth that country possesses, they live so poor. So in hind sight Korea has a bomb every one is mad. So its to late. (They have one). Are we to let Iran get one? Our minds tend to contradict our actions. So back out. Hind sight is good. heres one more observation,Some say we need to get out we need to use precise weapons we need to use restraints. Yet in the same sentence say nuke'm. We need to keep the will a spirit that this country encourages to the world, not just because its right but because we are an example. I could go on all day, hopefully I don't bore you all just tying to weigh in.
Old 03-16-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

For all the Bush/War/Conservative Haters.......
How about sollutions instead of underminding.....

I have a sollution..
Take all the money we spend on the military, global Policing as other call it..
Take away all the money we give to other nations under the UN, pull every job out of other countries, kick out every illigeal immigrant and close our borders, immagrants have to be fully background checked and waiting period made to verify who your parents are and what affiliates that they may have to anyone who hates us.

If your from another country you can not get off the plane unless you have permission in advance from the INS. That way no terrorist can get in.....

The above statement is somewhat sarcasim, cause I hate to keep hearing.....BUSH sucks and we can do better with Hilary...
She hasn't given us a viable solution to any problem we are facing as a nation.
I would rather hear solutions than partisan rederic. GET TO THE SOLUTION, STOP REHASHING THE PROBLEM.....

But I can tell you its not all Bush's fault and if you think it is your very nieve.
The world veiw of the US isn't the fault of Bush it started when they started putting UN stamps on all the aid we send to help other countries...
If a big ol USA was on those bags of beans and Rice and every thing nice that we freely give as aid to Africa, and other countries than the world would still have a fuzzy good feeling for the US.
DID you know that close to 87% of all aid that has the UN stamp on it is from the USA?
Funny how people think so low of us even though we sent more $$$ and aid to countries hit by catastrophies but yet we get no recognition for it cause it comes from the American Red Cross but when it hits Muslim or Muslim incuraged countries it gets a big red cresent instead...
There are more reasons than just this why everyone hates the US...Mostly cause we have power and $$$ and they don't.

China is the fastest growing economy cause they don't get involved in other countries. They are selfseaking....Can you blame them...NO, heck if the US stopped helping other countries and focused inward...New fuels would have been already found used and implimented. Jobs would be a plenty cause we could focus on the US needs and stop worring about other countries needs.
Could you amagine if we just upped out of the UN moved the building out and told every country to stop asking for help?
But then again that might happen if Hilary gets her foot in the white house again......
-Shookie <><
Old 03-16-2007, 10:34 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

China is the fastest growing economy cause they don't get involved in other countries. They are selfseaking....Can you blame them...NO, heck if the US stopped helping other countries and focused inward...New fuels would have been already found used and implimented. Jobs would be a plenty cause we could focus on the US needs and stop worring about other countries needs.
Shook, that's a great idea. If we ditch our efforts to make the workld a better place and focus on ourselves, we would be a much stronger, unified country. If so, we have to leave Iraq, can't have it both ways(how many billions have been spent for a "Free Iraq"?). The bleeding heart people would have to find their own means to "Help People"... I like that idea...

Funny you call all the ppl terroist seems to me that in the Vietnam conflict they were doing much the same and they weren't called terrorists, your on another countries soil uninvited and your not the invaders, you go over there with mutli million dollar weaponery against a ppl with very little and cause there not playing the way the US would like it there terrorist. The US bring alot of this crap on themselves by playing world police which there not. Everybody in there right mind know it had nothing to do with 911 or WMD but is all over the OIL, Same with Afganistan the Russians were there for 10yrs and walked away, what makes the US the supreme force to make things right where others have failed, seem it's to use up all the arms stockpile you guy's have horded over the years that have been collecting dust, The sooner Bush and his loyal band of followers are out of power the better,
Labels are irrelevant at this point, our troops are trying to stabalize the region, and the local extremests are just killing themslves trying to hinder their efforts. I don't like it, but the damage has been done...

I keep getting this every time I click the link:

"Your login session has expired.
Why does my session expire?
Login sessions expire for two reasons.

For your security, your Yahoo! Mail session expires a maximum of twenty-four hours after you have logged in. If you have chosen in your Yahoo! User Information (found be visiting "My Account" next to the Yahoo! Mail logo at the top of this page) to be prompted for a password more frequently than every day, your session will expire after the specified amount of time.
If you do not accept the cookies set on login or your computer is not configured to accept cookies, your session will expire almost immediately. We use cookies (small pieces of site information) to assist us in user authentication and in saving configuration information. Cookies are required for Yahoo! Mail.
If you see this message immediately after logging in, you should check the following:

Check to see that your computer system time is accurate. Cookies are time sensitive and may not work if your computer date is incorrect by a large amount.
Make sure that your browser is configured to accept cookies or that you agree to accept cookies during the login process.
Turn off any third party programs or control panels that automatically reject cookies.
Re-login to Yahoo! Mail"

How about select the text, copy, and paste into the post...
Old 03-16-2007, 03:22 PM
Suspended

I have the utmost respect for ppl in uniforms, it takes a special kind of person to go to work and be shot at everyday, but when other countries send there own troops to back the US on a lie that leaves a foul stench in the air, the thing is the US backed Saddam into power and when things were no going your way lets take him out, i'm not saying the US don't do good things, Aid to others in there hour of need is great but to say we donate the most than anyone else is a bit rich, most countries don't have the economy of the US and what the US donates is properbly other counties whole revenue. Maybe ask the families of those that are killed over there and see if they think it's worth being there. I fear that the US will be in Iraq longer than anybody thinks
Old 03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by robot
I have the utmost respect for ppl in uniforms, it takes a special kind of person to go to work and be shot at everyday, but when other countries send there own troops to back the US on a lie that leaves a foul stench in the air, the thing is the US backed Saddam into power and when things were no going your way lets take him out, i'm not saying the US don't do good things, Aid to others in there hour of need is great but to say we donate the most than anyone else is a bit rich, most countries don't have the economy of the US and what the US donates is properbly other counties whole revenue. Maybe ask the families of those that are killed over there and see if they think it's worth being there. I fear that the US will be in Iraq longer than anybody thinks
Don't worry about it its obvious you care about our troops. We all do. You want them home and out of harms way its understandable, your feelings as well as anyones. We all do. The war does have a bad stench. And we will be there a while. We have a commitment to the people now.
I just hope I'm alive by the time this war defines itself.
Old 03-16-2007, 10:00 PM
Tech Lord

What the heck here are some cool photos and you can browse all you want once you get there.

http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010221.html
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap010225.html
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap051017.html
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap051019.html
http://antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov/apod/ap051027.html
Old 03-20-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

as far as i see, the the war was for oil. just look at the map. kuwait is an ally of the US. Iraq was invaded. so was afghanistan. now look at what Bush is saying about iran 'hey look at them, they've got WMD's.' sorry mate, but you can't use the same excuse this time. just look at these countries on a map. now find a way to overlay the oil reserves of the middle east. see how they co-incide? and now think of how the US's mainland oil reserves are almost empty. does it seem a little... suspicious to you? coz it sure as hell seems like it to me.
there was a news report on TV last night. the guy who pulled down Saddam Hussein's statue said on international tv that he regretted pulling down the statue. thats how bad it is there. he said it was better then, because there was one devil you knew. now, there are many you don't.
Old 03-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by joe of loath
as far as i see, the the war was for oil. just look at the map. kuwait is an ally of the US. Iraq was invaded. so was afghanistan. now look at what Bush is saying about iran 'hey look at them, they've got WMD's.' sorry mate, but you can't use the same excuse this time. just look at these countries on a map. now find a way to overlay the oil reserves of the middle east. see how they co-incide? and now think of how the US's mainland oil reserves are almost empty. does it seem a little... suspicious to you? coz it sure as hell seems like it to me.
there was a news report on TV last night. the guy who pulled down Saddam Hussein's statue said on international tv that he regretted pulling down the statue. thats how bad it is there. he said it was better then, because there was one devil you knew. now, there are many you don't.
Unfortunately we are not privy to top secret info, but that would be the biggest conspiracy ever. A conspiracy that big can not be contained. The Towers were the chain of events that got us back there. The first thing that got us there was when Iraq tried to attack Kuwait. We are protecting there oil not steeling it. The people of those counties still own it. We don't want control. We would like an influence maybe. But thats it. It will always be there revenue.
We were lead to Iraq threw Afghanistan. We have to position our selves. Now we are at the door step of a foe that wants a NUKE. I try to see past propaganda, and see the hint of why we are doing what we do. I guess we should pull out? And when they get a nuke just say well they had a right to it. They'll probably get one any way?
Try to look to the good. Heres a conspiracy, Iran attacked us by hiring, Osama because they heard we are going to start using fossil fuels. If your theory is right we are Doomed for sure. I will choose to view it in a more positive light. Although not being privy is the beginning of not knowing and even I have doubts some times. To me we are just pushing resistance back to its origin.
Though I am not saying there is no truth to what your saying.
Old 03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

so the US 'protects' the oil in those countries it has invaded, except that implies that the US feels rather passionate about the oil, dont you think? Usually people protect what they feel passionate about?
Old 03-21-2007, 08:01 PM
Tech Lord

so the US 'protects' the oil in those countries it has invaded, except that implies that the US feels rather passionate about the oil, dont you think? Usually people protect what they feel passionate about?
Well we have to protect our interest. I try to look to a good ending that will favor our intentions. We were invaded as well. Sucker punched. They thought we were cowards and would not retaliate. No courage or will to finish what they started. We buy oil they make money. I would hate to find the out come as negative as invading a country just to control oil. Only the future will tell the truth? I'm worried what an out come like that would promise? What would happen to the USA? And our way of life? I'll keep the faith. I hope my theory is right? I think it will have a better out come. It may be as simple as oil is power, and we want it. I'm not sure? I will feel safer if the power is in our hands. And thats for sure. If thats the case?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

IF it were all about oil....Gas wouldn't be over $3.00 a gallon here in CA.

Like UN4RACING said, history will have its final word.
Look at Prez Johnson....sent us kicking and screaming into Vietnam....
But He also helped lead the way for CIVIL RIGHTS...
History has a funny way of showing the true charactor of a man.
I will wait for history and Our Maker to cast judgement on President Bush.

Speaking of Our Maker.
I hope everyone gets out to their local church for Easter.
You never know, GOD may actually speak to you through the preacher...
Its life changing for sure...

-Shookie <><
Old 03-22-2007, 10:51 AM
Tech Elite

god? which one? theres been more gods than civilisations throughout history?
oh btw heres another. (the one true deity for me i guess since everyone is entitled to their opinion [human rights]www.freewebs.com/monkey_of_asia)
Old 03-22-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

god? which one? theres been more gods than civilisations throughout history?
oh btw heres another. (the one true deity for me i guess since everyone is entitled to their opinion [human rights]www.freewebs.com/monkey_of_asia)

That's the beauty of living here in the US.....you get to have your choice of "whatever god you wish"!!! If you like....you also have the freedom of moving to another country more to your liking if you wish!!! You have choices....make them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service