God and Country

Old 03-10-2007, 06:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robot
Religion, politics and the courts should not be mixed, religion should stay in the churchs and the minds of the beleivers and should not be forced upon those of other thinkings, As for the dollar coins more shapnel to weigh down the pockets
I'd agree. Any religion, including atheism should not be forced on us.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by weaponx
The problem with the country today, is not that religion is forced on others, but what others BELEIVE is forced on the religious.
What a load of Croc, if 86% of Americains beleive in the big Karhuna, then how is the other 14% of non beleivers forcing there options on the 86%, wake up to yourself and stop flogging a dead horse, there's only 2 things certain in this life "death & taxes" Religion is only mind controll of the masses
Old 03-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Tech Elite

Religion, politics and the courts should not be mixed, religion should stay in the churchs and the minds of the beleivers and should not be forced upon those of other thinkings, As for the dollar coins more shapnel to weigh down the pockets
the U.S was started with this mix
now others are trying to rip it all apart
and have been doing so.
Old 03-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What a load of Croc, if 86% of Americains beleive in the big Karhuna, then how is the other 14% of non beleivers forcing there options on the 86%, wake up to yourself and stop flogging a dead horse, there's only 2 things certain in this life "death & taxes" Religion is only mind controll of the masses

Speaking of mind control....didn't a few minds in your goverment take control of the guns in your country? Correct me if I'm wrong. As for politics....with just a few liberal minds that run the political process....alot of damage can be done to a country.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I think there is a confusion some times, religion is not being pressed it is the basis of the constitution.
If you choose not to believe in any god of your believing thats fine, thats the first five commandments. The last five commandments are the basic rules to a better way of living among each other. And that includes all religions. Just place your god in where you think some one else's god is. It takes a lot of gods to run an entire nation. All religions have some thing to offer to another that is good in a way of living together as one brother or sister so to speak. But when a religion conflicts another and is destructive to another it will not co preside. If any % of people will dis agree that the last 5 commandments aren't for the good of man kind in a rule of thumb to make living as one better, then I don know what to say. Other than do unto your neighbor as he would do un to you. Choose your god and I will choose mine but the last 5 commandments are how we can live together in piece. The constitution was designed in an attempt that every soul on this planet would be treated equal.
Remember this one? Bring me your tired your hungry your poor. Wow! What other country in the world is looking out for the people more than the United States of America. I'm proud to be an American. We need a government that will help remind us of what and who we are and bring Pride back to the US. We have lost our way. We Offer the world so much that is good yet we forget what makes it all work. We are more than just tax payers we are the doers of all that is good. And that includes more than just one religion.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

this is way over my head now
Old 03-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SRAD
Speaking of mind control....didn't a few minds in your goverment take control of the guns in your country? Correct me if I'm wrong. As for politics....with just a few liberal minds that run the political process....alot of damage can be done to a country.
you forget guns don't kill pppl, ppl kill ppl, take guns out of the hands of ppl and there usless, they cant fire themselfs, the reason the goverment over here took control of the gun laws was because we were heading in the same direction as you guy's over there, i don't like the look of you so i'll put a cap in you ass, the day's of the wild west are long gone, and the day's are numbered for our liberal goverment to, Old Johnny Howard can sit back and reminice about the days of being in Georges Bush
Old 03-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

you forget guns don't kill pppl, ppl kill ppl, take guns out of the hands of ppl and there usless, they cant fire themselfs, the reason the goverment over here took control of the gun laws was because we were heading in the same direction as you guy's over there, i don't like the look of you so i'll put a cap in you ass, the day's of the wild west are long gone, and the day's are numbered for our liberal goverment to, Old Johnny Howard can sit back and reminice about the days of being in Georges Bush

I see.....so now you don't have guns....what's next? Knives...baseball bats....shovels!! That excuse doesn't fly. If it isn't guns....people will find another way. You don't make sense. You calling your government liberal!!! John Howard is a liberal? There is no wild west over here.....you been watching too much CNN and NBC abd CBS!! Or maybe too much "The View"! Hmmm.....the stats say crime has not gone down in Aussie Land since your guns were taken away. Wake up mate.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I see.....so now you don't have guns....what's next? Knives...baseball bats....shovels!! That excuse doesn't fly. If it isn't guns....people will find another way. You don't make sense. You calling your government liberal!!! John Howard is a liberal? There is no wild west over here.....you been watching too much CNN and NBC abd CBS!! Or maybe too much "The View"! Hmmm.....the stats say crime has not gone down in Aussie Land since your guns were taken away. Wake up mate.
Keep in mind that Austraila was originally a prison colony!!!!! That is why the crime stats hasn't went down!!
Old 03-13-2007, 03:04 AM
Suspended

Derr, my point exactly, no weapons in the hands of idots, maybe you should wake up and smell the roses, the US mightn't be all it's cracked up to be, and HA HA we have a ban on carrying knives in public, Yes John Howard is a Liberal and wanker at that no wonder he is so close to Georgy porgey, most ppl think he is Bushes hemorrhoid and we don't get most of your news programs
Old 03-13-2007, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Gun laws only take guns away from the people who SHOULD have them.
There are laws in place to insure the proper people can carry one and own one. But the people who are not supposed to have them will get them just like any thing else. Illegal guns are bought from the people that will be the only ones allowed to have them. People should have the right to protect them selves, family and property. On TV you only hear the bad, you rarely hear the good of a gun because the agenda is to rid us of our back bone that stops a lot of people from just walking in the front door and taking what they want. The most people that die from an illegal gun are the ones that put themselves in front of it and they are usually the first to pull one.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:04 AM
Tech Champion

Gun Laws...LOL, what a freakin joke. I know it's been said, but all they do is disarm the lawful people, criminals can STILL get guns! So, learn to throw knives!... I collect swords. They may be mere replicas, but I promiss they'll still cut down anyone who breaks into my house. Can you imagine the crime rate if criminals thought they'd be on the wrong end of a Samurai Sword when they break into somebody's house?...

P.S. I know if they break in carying a gun, my sword will be of little use...if they see me comming. My big advantage will be that I know the layout of my house...they don't...

Maybe we should start a separate thread about Gun Laws. Before this one got hijacked, we were basically discussing Religeon's influence on Government. I for one belive justice should be blind to religeon. Granted, the Christians who started this Country's government had their own beliefs and morals, that they founded the basic system on. However, they died around 200 years ago, and many things have changed. If we went back to those core beliefs, Women couldn't vote, Slavery would still be legal, and public internet forums such as this probably wouldn't exist...and I'd be stoned to death for saying it...

Nobody is saying you can't keep your core values, that's the beauty of this country. We're saying you can't force your beliefs on others. Keep your faith to yourself, and leave it at the door of the justice building, justice should be objective, not influenced by faith.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:11 AM
Tech Master

Derr, my point exactly, no weapons in the hands of idots, maybe you should wake up and smell the roses, the US mightn't be all it's cracked up to be, and HA HA we have a ban on carrying knives in public, Yes John Howard is a Liberal and wanker at that no wonder he is so close to Georgy porgey, most ppl think he is Bushes hemorrhoid and we don't get most of your news programs

Not saying anything about being the US being "all it's cracked up to be". We have certain freedoms here that we cherish.....there's good and bad with that. Just don't penalize the many for the wrongs that a few do!! Maybe that's why SO MANY are trying to get into the US instead of out of the US. What about you Aussies. Now Bush might be a moderate conservative....but a liberal he is not. As for smelling the roses.....I did many years ago when I first noticed how Jimmy Carter was running the country and military into the ground. Since you don't get most of our news programs...where are you getting your information to form your opinions? I love and respect my country and leader....what about you? Either way.....you have your opinions....which I do respect even though we disagree.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by R40Victim
Gun Laws...LOL, what a freakin joke. I know it's been said, but all they do is disarm the lawful people, criminals can STILL get guns! So, learn to throw knives!... I collect swords. They may be mere replicas, but I promiss they'll still cut down anyone who breaks into my house. Can you imagine the crime rate if criminals thought they'd be on the wrong end of a Samurai Sword when they break into somebody's house?...

P.S. I know if they break in carying a gun, my sword will be of little use...if they see me comming. My big advantage will be that I know the layout of my house...they don't...

Maybe we should start a separate thread about Gun Laws. Before this one got hijacked, we were basically discussing Religeon's influence on Government. I for one belive justice should be blind to religeon. Granted, the Christians who started this Country's government had their own beliefs and morals, that they founded the basic system on. However, they died around 200 years ago, and many things have changed. If we went back to those core beliefs, Women couldn't vote, Slavery would still be legal, and public internet forums such as this probably wouldn't exist...and I'd be stoned to death for saying it...

Nobody is saying you can't keep your core values, that's the beauty of this country. We're saying you can't force your beliefs on others. Keep your faith to yourself, and leave it at the door of the justice building, justice should be objective, not influenced by faith.

While agree with some of what you said......what is the first thing you do when you go to testify in court....yep you put that hand on the bible.
Old 03-13-2007, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

While agree with some of what you said......what is the first thing you do when you go to testify in court....yep you put that hand on the bible.
Unless you choose not to....and now they just ask you to raise your right hand. We athiests are a sneaky lot...trying to undermine the Christian right with our logic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service