Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
The border online rc shop >

The border online rc shop

The border online rc shop

Old 02-28-2007, 06:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default The border online rc shop

Anyone ever deal with these guys. Suppose to be Europes biggest dealer and ships world wide.They have some parts I can,t get anywhere else so I'm considering placing an order. Thanks
Old 02-28-2007, 06:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 221 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rebal
Anyone ever deal with these guys. Suppose to be Europes biggest dealer and ships world wide.They have some parts I can,t get anywhere else so I'm considering placing an order. Thanks
they are great! bought from them in the past atleast 6 times last year alone
Old 02-28-2007, 12:42 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for the input. I finally got in touch with them via email and all seems well.
Old 02-28-2007, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the input. I finally got in touch with them via email and all seems well.
cool
Old 02-28-2007, 12:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Another extremly satisfied customer of The Border hobby shop!!!

Fast delivery is rare these days but this place manages to do it!
Old 02-28-2007, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Nova F1 Racer
Another extremly satisfied customer of The Border hobby shop!!!

Fast delivery is rare these days but this place manages to do it!
and from overseas too!
Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Rebal View Post
My first and only experience with them is not a pleasant one. I ordered some GRP glow plugs from them and what I got was some fake plugs in plastic bags with a GRP Logo on the bags. When I tried one the plugs at the Onroad Nats, I could only start the engine one time and then the plug would go bad. I thought that maybe that plug was defective so I tried another one with same result. After I got home from Ohio, I contacted the Border and told them about the problem. They wrote back to me and said that they would not refund my money or replace the plugs because they don't have warranties on engines or engine parts.
Then, I e-mailed GRP and explained the situation to them. It took a few days before I got response back from them but I finally got one. They told me in the e-mail, that GRP does not pack loose plugs in plastic Bags, and they only give loose plugs to their team drivers. They also said that they know of company that imitating their plugs. Below I will post the e-mail GRP send me :

"Dear Mr. Neris V. Capellan,

Our glow plugs have been sold only in the plastic orange box and loose glow
plugs were given only to our official drivers. Unfortunately, we are not
able to restart with glow plug production but maybe in future we will. We
suggest you to keep an eye on our new website www.grpgandini.it to see if
something changes, but for the moment we cannot help you.

On the other hand, we know that another manufacturer has introduced glow
plugs similar to our production but sold in plastic bags.

Best regards,
Lara Speranzini
MRP srl "

I believe The Border Online RC Shop is knowingly selling fake GRP plugs, So be careful when buying from them.
Old 11-23-2011, 06:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I just placed an order with these guys and so far not too happy ...i paid 35 us for shipping and after i placed the order then he tells me it takes them 3 days just to get it shipped !!! WHAT! 3 days just to ship it idk about this company anyways i will update this with the progress rite now im on the 3rd day of waiting just for it to be shipped i guess theres only one post office in all of netherlands lol
Old 11-24-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

NEVER ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!! PERIOD!!!!! they charged me 30 bucks U S for 8 to 15 day shipping thats the biggest rip off in the world .....30 dollar shipping charge from any other company in the world gets it to u in 5 business days.....also the tracking number they gave me doesnt even show up on the postal site and its been a week since i placed the order....also they take your money then tell u 3 days later if its in stock or not......STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.......YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!!!
Old 11-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

^ wow that sucks... I placed an order with Amainhobbies in Nor Cal on sunday and getting it today in So Cal
Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Master

oh beleive me thats the last time there gonna scam me .
Old 01-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by theatriks View Post
oh beleive me thats the last time there gonna scam me .
The Border a scam ? Be real, was there any other shop that had all the Xray parts you wanted in stock ? NO, and how long would you have waited for these other shops to order in all the parts you wanted ? WEEKS ! Also how much cheaper was The Border with their prices compared to other shops ??? So ungrateful. oh and I am sure they won't miss a customer who emails them every 2 hours for an update on their order.
Old 01-29-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by mazmorbid View Post
The Border a scam ? Be real, was there any other shop that had all the Xray parts you wanted in stock ? NO, and how long would you have waited for these other shops to order in all the parts you wanted ? WEEKS ! Also how much cheaper was The Border with their prices compared to other shops ??? So ungrateful. oh and I am sure they won't miss a customer who emails them every 2 hours for an update on their order.
+1

iv bought a few times from them ..they are great ... no were els can u get some of the stuff .. like i needed a .21 SIRIO cooling head ... they were the only one that had any one ..and FOR $20 barggggggin

the way they do there shipping is like a few online stores now .. its kinda one set price to stop people doing little orders then having to work out shipping on every product they sell .. its far from a scam .. its stupid post like that that kill these stores , then there is no chance to get great deals on NINJA or GRP or sirio engine stuff . my 2c
Old 01-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by sly6t View Post
+1

iv bought a few times from them ..they are great ... no were els can u get some of the stuff .. like i needed a .21 SIRIO cooling head ... they were the only one that had any one ..and FOR $20 barggggggin

the way they do there shipping is like a few online stores now .. its kinda one set price to stop people doing little orders then having to work out shipping on every product they sell .. its far from a scam .. its stupid post like that that kill these stores , then there is no chance to get great deals on NINJA or GRP or sirio engine stuff . my 2c
His posts should be removed, his complaints are BS, he writes on the 24th it's the 3rd day of placing his order, then the following day he writes it's been 1 week, which in actual fact it's 4 days, can't believe I helped the fury wombat in finding all the parts he was after. I searched everywhere and as I said previously The Border was the only online shop that had everything in stock he was after, what a cheese puff.

Last edited by mazmorbid; 01-29-2012 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:14 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sly6t View Post
+1

Hi, I know this is an old thread but since the last reply is only 2 months old, I thought I'd still be worth a response.

I work with The-Border, and I can say that shipping might take a when ordering overseas. We're located in The Netherlands and shipping to the US/Australia/Asia might take longer then we want to, but there's not really much we can do about that.

Same goes for the shipping prices: we'd love to send everyone an order for just one part + $1 shipping, but that's just not possible. The last year alone we've (the entire country for that matter) seen 2 raises in shipping prices.

We indeed have a very large stock. Xray for example is something we have in our own warehouse, and our supplier has everything that we don't have. Since our supplier is quite close by, we usually get remaining parts in the same day, or the next day.

Do remember that when ordering from several brands, and multiple parts, that if 1 part is not in stock, we usually try to ship everything that we do have in stock. We then ship the remaining part free of charge, to get you on your way.

I'll turn on thread subscription for this one, so reply or ask a question if you want it answered.
We used to have a phone line and I used to answer it all day long, but some people called up to five times a day about their order in languages we don't speak (French for example) so we had to give up phone support.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.