Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Calisthenics and the Modern Racer >

Calisthenics and the Modern Racer

Calisthenics and the Modern Racer

Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:16 AM
Suspended

Talking Calisthenics and the Modern Racer

What sorts of stretching and aerobic exercises would you suggest to the novice to ensure they are limber for a day's racing activites?

Do you recommend any special equipment and/or sportswear for such a regimen?

Old 02-26-2007, 11:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

At The Gate we stress that you do jumping jacks before every qualifier. Seaball gives us a demonstration weekly. No sportswear/clothes or special equipment needed.

Paul
Old 02-26-2007, 11:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
No sportswear/clothes needed.
Seaball and naked jumping jacks! Now there's a visual that will give you nightmares!
Old 02-26-2007, 11:30 AM
Suspended

Cool

See, that's what makes The Gate one of the premier facilities in this fine nation.

The members there are willing and able to assist a racer with ALL of his equipment....both mechanically and physically.

On Saturday, when everyone else left, Seaball showed me the intricacies of the squat-thrust.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

it is true. with the costs of equipment going up every year, we have implemented a small warm-up program that requires almost nothing.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Wow
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth

On Saturday, when everyone else left, Seaball showed me the intricacies of the squat-thrust.

One of the reasons why I'm in this Hobby is that I wouldn't have to do that!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
One of the reasons why I'm in this Hobby is that I wouldn't have to do that!
I'd like to do that, well at least it's fun watching her do that......
Old 02-26-2007, 12:28 PM
Tech Addict

I think we are missing what is really important here....Keeping Racers FIT, with the ever growing medical expences, most people, and the manufactures don't want to cover the rising health cost. By keeping our racers in shape we help keep costs down for everyone. How many good racers have we seen in the past have there career ended early because of some pointless injury. I think all the time how good a young lad, Eric Jones would of been if we had this program around before, his wrist would of never failed him and he would still be rollin that 12th scale around like a champ! But no....now all he can do is just look at it, (His Hand) I bet he wishes it would just die and fall off. I know I would. We should be thanking people like Chris Goetz for adding yet another chapter to his book of winning ways. Keeping in shape keeps you on top of your game and ready to go at a moments notice. Keeping in shape allows one to pratice 12 to 22 hours a day at his or her craft. Without this core workout, how else could one function on only 1 to 2 hours of sleep a night? I know in the short time I have not been doing his workouts I have gained at least 1 pound or so...I sleep way to much....and I have all this extra energy I just waste every day WORKING! Pointless I know, but what can you do, once you get off the program your life goes in the toilet....

(FLUSH.....FLUSH)

Again thanks MR. Seaball for your outstanding loyalty to this sport, and for helping make athletes everywhere better at what they do!
Old 02-26-2007, 12:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Where some supportive skivies in case things get wild. But not too tight as to cause a swampy condition. I never race well feeling like my diaper needs changed .

Seriously, I usually stretch my forearms out and try to make a mental picture of running the race cleanly and fast. Get your head on straight and get up on that wheel .
Old 02-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by chubbspeterson
I think we are missing what is really important here....Keeping Racers FIT, with the ever growing medical expences, most people, and the manufactures don't want to cover the rising health cost. By keeping our racers in shape we help keep costs down for everyone. How many good racers have we seen in the past have there career ended early because of some pointless injury. I think all the time how good a young lad, Eric Jones would of been if we had this program around before, his wrist would of never failed him and he would still be rollin that 12th scale around like a champ! But no....now all he can do is just look at it, (His Hand) I bet he wishes it would just die and fall off. I know I would. We should be thanking people like Chris Goetz for adding yet another chapter to his book of winning ways. Keeping in shape keeps you on top of your game and ready to go at a moments notice. Keeping in shape allows one to pratice 12 to 22 hours a day at his or her craft. Without this core workout, how else could one function on only 1 to 2 hours of sleep a night? I know in the short time I have not been doing his workouts I have gained at least 1 pound or so...I sleep way to much....and I have all this extra energy I just waste every day WORKING! Pointless I know, but what can you do, once you get off the program your life goes in the toilet....

(FLUSH.....FLUSH)

Again thanks MR. Seaball for your outstanding loyalty to this sport, and for helping make athletes everywhere better at what they do!
Absolutely classic post...........
Old 02-26-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I take Martial Arts classes at Tiger Shulmann's Karate 4 (sometimes 5) days a week. I am there for 2 hours taking classes everytime I go. I am flexible enough that it isn't neccisary for me to do wimpy excersizes and streches before a race.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:38 PM
Suspended

Talking

Originally Posted by RCSteve93
I take Martial Arts classes at Tiger Shulmann's Karate 4 (sometimes 5) days a week. I am there for 2 hours taking classes everytime I go. I am flexible enough that it isn't neccisary for me to do wimpy excersizes and streches before a race.
Strike first, strike hard, no mercy SIR!

Old 02-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by McSmooth
Strike first, strike hard, no mercy SIR!

That's awesome!!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

I read once that Billy Blanks stole the idea for his workouts from seaball. The world has not been the same since.......

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service