Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Chat Lounge
Top Gear Run Bugatti Veyron >

Top Gear Run Bugatti Veyron

Top Gear Run Bugatti Veyron

Old 02-08-2007, 02:58 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default Top Gear Run Bugatti Veyron & other stuff

this was a good program to see

veyron is the fastest road car on the planet est 250mph or 407kmh

so of they go to VW secret test track in germany very close to eastern germany boarding back in the old days (no fly zone aswell)
it has a 5.5 mile straight it`s son long you can`t see the end coz of the curveture of the planet makes the end dissapear downwards

had to come of the banking @120mph to get a good run
the car was sucking in more air per second then a human does in 4 days
it had 10 radiators
it produces 1001 hp

it had sattilite telemetry to confirn the deed
it done it 407.6 kmh =252mph
it was covering a football pitch every second

it was really good

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 02-13-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:10 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell
Default veylon air break

the Bugatti’s rear air brake alone is capable of generating as much stopping force as the actual brakes on a basic VW Polo

Bugatti worke don it for 5 years & tyhey werent sure if it had Blue Tooth phone systen when jeremy clarkson wanted to sync he`s phone up
Old 02-08-2007, 07:24 PM
Tech Rookie

does this include rocket-powered?
Old 02-08-2007, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

0 to 60 in 2.7 seconds is that hast enough. They only made like 4 or 5 of them. Good luck getting one there 1.5 million $$$.
Old 02-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Tech Elite

the Veylon is a road legal car that takes passengers !!
but it cost`s like over £600,000.00
Old 02-09-2007, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MR JOLLY
the Veylon is a road legal car that takes passengers !!
but it cost`s like over £600,000.00
Yup, but what amazes me more about it(from what I've read) is that in everyday driving, it's actually EASY & comfortable to drive around town(which is VERY unusual for a car of such capabilities). The writers at Car & Driver were blown away by that(as well as the incredible performance).....
Old 02-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If you can do 407 kmh, why not do it in comfort
Old 02-10-2007, 12:37 AM
Tech Elite

When TG upload the video of the run i`ll get it up here
wehen the camera was inside looking at James ,there was no shaking & vibration on the lens or the steering wheel ,Rock solid all the way

quote which made me laugh from james
` we are now passing the speed where we leave F1 cars behind `
Old 02-12-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Adept

I saw the vid and it was a pretty impressive car, but i have to ask, why did the one they had on the stage in the studio have such a tacky paintjob? if your paying $1.6 mil for a car, why would you paint it like a taxi cab (black body with white fenders)
Old 02-12-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Paradoxmaker
I saw the vid and it was a pretty impressive car, but i have to ask, why did the one they had on the stage in the studio have such a tacky paintjob? if your paying $1.6 mil for a car, why would you paint it like a taxi cab (black body with white fenders)
coz that is protective film when new to stop scuffs & scratch`s
BMW & all sorts have them on new car being delivered
Old 02-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

I'm still pissed that they took that show off the air here. Some of the coolest segments ever. I remember them racing a WRX STI(i think) against a luge.
Old 02-12-2007, 11:07 AM
Tech Adept

coz that is protective film when new to stop scuffs & scratch`s
BMW & all sorts have them on new car being delivered
True,i know what your talking about but thats not a film on that car, it's a strange paint job style that they put on it.

I do admit that I do like the Red and Black one. But I still think the white (silver i guess) and black and especially the Yellow/black ones look like Taxi paint jobs.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Stampede
I'm still pissed that they took that show off the air here. Some of the coolest segments ever. I remember them racing a WRX STI(i think) against a luge.

they did a fully prepped Mitsu rally car racing against a Toboggen
that was good ,James May poop himself with the Finish rally driver

Lotus Exige can out fox a Apache Heli by avoiding the missile lock system on the track
(but in defense when the Apache was 2 miles away it took about 5 sec`s to lock on

Also saw sundays edition when they brought 3 american cars for $1000.00
a caddy , pontiac RS ,some pick up truck
had to race them on a track
then drive them 900 miles from Florida to new Orleans

but the biggest eye opener was when they drove through the State of alabama with Graffiti on there 3 cars (It got nasty & a real eye opener to what goes on in that state

3 things they put on
pick up had `man love rules OK`
Caddy;;had `healery for president
pontiac; Countyr & western is rubbish & Nascar Sucks !

TG team grossley under Estimated the reaction from Alabama state

only thing to say if you (USA Guys ) get to see this Episode i`m not sure how you would react

we (UK) found it funny, ,but the new orleans flooded area did not go down to well over here (with the lack of Effort to get it sorted )

Then there was a Lard arse female Lawyer threatning to take Top Gear to court for giving all 3 cars away
But she did offer to make the case dissaper for $20,000.00 (what a Dyke

@paradoxmaker
thanks for the heads up on the paint scheme
red/Black please

Last edited by MR JOLLY; 02-13-2007 at 05:51 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I actually watched this episode on TG last night, OMG 200+$ to fill the tank and at full throttle it's all gone in 12min's, It cost VW 5million dollars each to build and there selling them at a huge lose, but as was said there will most likely never be another car built like it ever again, loved the retractable rear wing but only when you stop can you lower it and it has it's own radiator to cool the hydraulic fluid, 457k's to a full stop in 10sec's now thats impressive, They had Nigel Mansell with his GP Masters car and it could only manage a little over 400KPH and even Mansell was quietly impressed by what it could do for a street legal car
Old 02-13-2007, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

t
Also saw sundays edition when they brought 3 american cars for $1000.00
a caddy , pontiac RS ,some pick up truck
had to race them on a track
then drive them 900 miles from Florida to new Orleans

but the biggest eye opener was when they drove through the State of alabama with Graffiti on there 3 cars (It got nasty & a real eye opener to what goes on in that state

3 things they put on
pick up had `man love rules OK`
Caddy;;had `healery for president
pontiac; Countyr & western is rubbish & Nascar Sucks !

TG team grossley under Estimated the reaction from Alabama state

only thing to say if you (USA Guys ) get to see this Episode i`m not sure how you would react

we (UK) found it funny, but the New Orleans flooded area did not go down to well over here (with the lack of Effort to get it sorted )
I saw that episode too and i think it's pretty funny about the differences in stereotype perceptions between here and England.

The Pickup saying Man love rules: Ok thats pretty funny and can get you hurt in the wrong parts of the country
The Cadilliac said Hilliary for president (as in Hilliary Clinton, AKA bills wife) that can also cause issues in the south since the south is tradionally Republican and Hillary is a Democrat. BTW don't know if you noticed but the Caddy also had "I'm Bi" painted on the hood.
The Camaro (sorry Chevrolet not Pontiac), said Country and Western is rubbish..... Well it hasn't really been called country and western in about 20 years, it's just county music now. And I won't even go into the rubbish bit, NO one in the states uses the word rubbish....

The all Americans are fat and rude was a little much, mostly fat: maybe.... but rude.... of course they were rude, look where they started, the Ghetto of Miami, their lucky they didn't get killed or robbed for just being white in those neighborhoods.
No offense but just about every brit that I have met here was very rude also, thats what stopped me from going to England with my dad when he was transfered there when i was younger.

All in all that was a very funny episode but i was kinda grossed out about them strapping a bloated dead cow to the roof of the Camaro, that was just sick not to mention who would help them put it on the roof when it could explode at any minute.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service